Cincinnati Bengals 11-3
Pittsburgh Steelers 9-6
Baltimore Ravens 5-10
Cleveland Browns 3-12

The Bengals have 2 games left to play
The Steelers have 1 games left to play
The Ravens have 1 games left to play
The Browns have 1 games left to play

Bengals Magic Number against the Browns is 0. Browns out of the Division Race, eliminated from Playoffs.
Bengals Magic Number against the Ravens is 0. Ravens out of the Division Race, eliminated from the playoffs.
Bengals Magic Number against the Steelers is 0. Steelers out of the Division Race, if the Jets win next week or the Steelers lose, the Steelers are out of the playoffs.

Bengals are AFC North Champions!!!

A Bengals win or a Division Rival loss lowers the Magic Number by 1.

I will update this every weekend
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Thanks!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing has changed and the Browns still have that chance to win the Division, lol.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Nothing has changed
Reply/Quote
Hopefully after Sunday our magic number goes down to 3.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hopefully after Sunday our magic number goes down to 3.

Well, we did our part, and it's down to four. Now, it's up to Seattle. Also, a Browns win tomorrow night officially eliminates the Ravens, not that it's been in doubt, of course.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 07:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, we did our part, and it's down to four.  Now, it's up to Seattle.  Also, a Browns win tomorrow night officially eliminates the Ravens, not that it's been in doubt, of course.

Pretty sure we are at 3 already, with the caveat that at least one of those is against a division foe.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 07:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pretty sure we are at 3 already, with the caveat that at least one of those is against a division foe.

Just following the OP's premise. There are tie-breakers to consider, but to get a clean number without having to worry about any of that, I believe the straigh-up number is four.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Just following the OP's premise.  There are tie-breakers to consider, but to get a clean number without having to worry about any of that, I believe the straigh-up number is four.

Actually, we just need to beat Pittsburgh and one other game to win the division (according to the playoff machine)

God I hope we don't overlook the Browns!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: God I hope we don't overlook the Browns!

Yeah, we've been known to do that too often.

Reply/Quote
Updated!

Bengals Magic Number is 3.
Browns are out of the Division Race.
If the Browns beat the Ravens on Monday Night, the Ravens are out of the Division Race.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:57 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Updated!

Bengals Magic Number is 3.
Browns are out of the Division Race.
If the Browns beat the Ravens on Monday Night, the Ravens are out of the Division Race.

Their still in the race? Wow
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't the Stoolers number be 2?
If the bengals win next week and the Stoolers lose, then they have a 4 game lead with 4 games left, if Pitt wins out, and the bengals lose out, they would be 1-1 in the division with a 10-6 record each, who would hold the tie breaker?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:06 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: Wouldn't the Stoolers number be 2?
If the bengals win next week and the Stoolers lose, then they have a 4 game lead with 4 games left, if Pitt wins out, and the bengals lose out, they would be 1-1 in the division with a 10-6 record each, who would hold the tie breaker?

In your scenario, Bengals would be 4-2 in division and Pitt 3-3 at best. That's the tie breaker.
Reply/Quote
So we could clinch the division next week!!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: In your scenario, Bengals would be 4-2 in division and Pitt 3-3 at best. That's the tie breaker.

No, they would both be 4-2 in the division, so it would go to common games record, which Pittsburgh would win according to the ESPN Playoff Machine.

Regardless, if we win the next 2 the division is ours, period.  At that point we are playing for the bye week.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No, they would both be 4-2 in the division, so it would go to common games record, which Pittsburgh would win according to the ESPN Playoff Machine.

Regardless, if we win the next 2 the division is ours, period.  At that point we are playing for the bye week.

So denver or new England tonight? 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:16 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: So denver or new England tonight? 

As much as it kills me to say this, New England. Gives the Bengals one game lead for the #2 seed.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: In your scenario, Bengals would be 4-2 in division and Pitt 3-3 at best. That's the tie breaker.

That's wrong. The Colts aren't in our division lol. If the Steelers lose next week and win out they'd be 4-2 in the division, as previously stated.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Actually, we just need to beat Pittsburgh and one other game to win the division (according to the playoff machine)

God I hope we don't overlook the Browns!

I know the Browns usually play up for us - but they really don't have anyone left over there to play much at all.  If we can't win that game, that would be very sad.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote