Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Magic Number
(12-07-2015, 03:53 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Makes us 3rd seed, Pitt 5th.  

We could really use a 1st round bye

No doubt.  I'll count the bye week as a win.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals Magic Number is still at 2 with 3 games left.

Next week after the Bengals win and the Steelers are beat by the Broncos, the Bengals will be AFC North Division Champions.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:08 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Bengals Magic Number is still at 2 with 3 games left.

Next week after the Bengals win and the Steelers are beat by the Broncos, the Bengals will be AFC North Division Champions.

Is it better for us for Denver to lose again?

I think the only way they steelers are out is if they lose or the jets win out. I think 1 jets loss puts Pitt in there
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:08 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Bengals Magic Number is still at 2 with 3 games left.

Just don't see Denver beating Pitt given they couldn't handle the Raiders at home.  Looking for the Steelers to win out and go 11-5.  Silver lining being they'll help us get a bye by beating the Broncos bloody.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is it better for us for Denver to lose again?  

I think the only way they steelers are out is if they lose or the jets win out.   I think 1 jets loss puts Pitt in there

Have Denver beat the Steelers and then have the Bengals beat the Broncos...that puts the Bengals in the 2 Seed at least after the Bengals beat the Ravens in the last game.

Of course the Bengals have to beat the 49'ers first.

Just win out Bengals, worry about getting that number 2 seed and a first round bye.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Actually, as long as the Bengals beat the Ravens in week 17, they win the Division.  The magic number is 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is it better for us for Denver to lose again?  

I think the only way they steelers are out is if they lose or the jets win out.   I think 1 jets loss puts Pitt in there

Personally, I would rather the Broncos beat the Steelers.  That would pretty much eliminate them from the playoffs.  
Reply/Quote

If Steelers lose next week we win the division regardless of whether we win another game.  Same goes for if they lose to Baltimore or Cleveland.  

If Steelers lose to Denver and beat Cleveland and Baltimore they go 10-6.  4-2 division .  7-5 in conference.  

If Bengals lose out they go 10-6.  4-2 division 8-4 in conference.  

Common opponents.  KC, Denver, San Diego, Oakland,  Seattle, Rams, Arizona, SF.  

Bengals record if they lose out.  5-3 Common opponent record
Steelers if they lose to Denver.  5-3 Common opponent record

Next tie breaker Conference record.  
Bengals 8-4 if we lose out
Steeler 7-5 if they lose to Denver

If we beat Baltimore we go 11-5 and 5-1 in division and Steelers can't match.  
If we beat Denver we go 11-5 and either tie or beat Steelers in common opponent but then we will have 9 conference wins which they cannot achieve.  

If we beat only San Fran best Steelers can do is tie us overall, division, and conference.  Tie breaker is common opponents.  

6-2 Common opponents for us both.  
Next tie breaker: strength of victory
This is where it gets close.  

Anyway.  If Steelers lose any game we are division champs.  
If we beat Denver or Baltimore we are division champs.  
Reply/Quote
It's a numbers game.

Right now, the Bengals Magic Number is 2.

If the Steelers win out and the Bengals only beat the 49's, the Steelers win the division, that makes the Magic Number 2.

EDIT: There's even a scenerio where the Bengals don't make the Playoffs. If the Steelers, Jets and Cheifs win out and the Bengals lose the last three, the Bengals are out of the playoffs. So, the Bengals Magic Number just to make the playoffs is 1 against the Jets and Cheifs. If either of those teams lose 1 game, the Bengals make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have clinched a playoff birth with this win today.
A Bengals win or Steelers loss will clinch the AFC North for the Bengals.

I've been running the Playoff Machine and putting in a lot of scenarios and all of them have the Bengals winning the AFC North but NFL.com has them only clinching a playoff spot so I'm keeping the Magic Number at 1. If the Bengals lose next week at Denver, we all know they will beat the Ravens...I least I hope anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Bengals have clinched a playoff birth with this win today.
A Bengals win or Steelers loss will clinch the AFC North for the Bengals.

I've been running the Playoff Machine and putting in a lot of scenarios and all of them have the Bengals winning the AFC North but NFL.com has them only clinching a playoff spot so I'm keeping the Magic Number at 1. If the Bengals lose next week at Denver, we all know they will beat the Ravens...I least I hope anyway.

This is correct.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CINCINNATI BENGALS!!!

AFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Bengals magic number now = 0

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote