Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Met with Joe Mixon
(03-08-2017, 01:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does it lead to bad behavior in every instance? No.

But a guy with red flags...is more likely to repeat them than others. Look at Pacman Jones.

As a Scout said in an article I read today, there are a lot of guys with character red flags that fans don't know and would be disgusted if they did. He said he is far more comfortable with Mixon than many big name players at the top of the draft with red flags the general public doesn't know about. Dalvin Cook for example has some really serious character concerns that no one talks about. Mixon has been clean for a year, served his suspension (didn't transfer to avoid it), and has paid in the court of public opinion.

I would say he has handled it all well.
Reply/Quote
He made a mistake, he was punished, and he served his punishment. It'd be one thing if he continued to make excuses or tried to brush it off, but as far as I can tell he's done nothing but own up to it.

If he slips to the second or third round, I'd say he's worth a look. Absolutely.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: "The video shows Mixon punching Amelia Molitor, fracturing four bones in her face, during an altercation at a sandwich shop near Oklahoma's campus in Norman."

That's not a mistake that anyone can make once...a speeding ticket is for instance. Normal people don't punch female strangers.

It's so patently obvious why these situations are night and day...
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to stop bringing in players with off-the-field issues. The lack of discipline destroys the team.

After the playoff loss to Pittsburgh where the team imploded with 2 personal fouls on defense...you'd think we'd learn.

Yet the Bengals see a chance to get a potential 1st or 2nd Round talent in the 4th or 5th Round...and fans will be happy with it.

Any kid that has the impulse to punch a girl at a mall so hard that it shatters here face...has discipline and self-control issues.

I was for Mixon in the 2nd before i got the details. Dude is an extraordinary talent.

I honestly don't know if i want this guy on my team. Torn. It was only one incident but a terrible one.

He did pay for the stupid ass move, he hasn't made any excuses for it.

Everybody has their demons that pop out once in awhile but this was violence to a woman.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to stop bringing in players with off-the-field issues. The lack of discipline destroys the team.

After the playoff loss to Pittsburgh where the team imploded with 2 personal fouls on defense...you'd think we'd learn.

Yet the Bengals see a chance to get a potential 1st or 2nd Round talent in the 4th or 5th Round...and fans will be happy with it.

Any kid that has the impulse to punch a girl at a mall so hard that it shatters here face...has discipline and self-control issues.

Meanwhile, the Steelers have such high character guys like Roethlisberger(2x accussed of rape), Maurice Pouncey(co-captain of the Free Hernandez fan club), Martavious Bryant(Josh Gordon 2.0), LeVeon Bell(Ricky Williams 2.0), James Harrison(domestic violence), and have Joey Porter(led a gang beatdown and robbery of Levi Jones) as a coach.

Point being, every team in the league has these guys. You don't spend your premium picks or give big FA dollars to these guys, but every draft pick and every contract is a gamble.  You have to weigh risk vs reward.  Do I take Mixon in 1 or 2?  No.  Do I take him in the 4th?  All day, every day.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm pretty sure I said it.

And where did I attempt to convey he was public enemy #1?

"likes" implies that he does it on a regular basis.  The factual part is that he punched a girl once and was punished.
Reply/Quote
It was a terrible incident and a man should never hit a women, but (I know I'll get slammed for this) does anyone consider it different when it's just a drunk girl (stranger) vs a wife/girlfriend (loved one)? I tend to think it's wrong either way but really inexcusable when it's "domestic". I say if he's there in 3rd take him.

We (and the league) ignored Jones smacking girl on video and many defended him because she "threw" her beer at him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was for Mixon in the 2nd before i got the details. Dude is an extraordinary talent.

I honestly don't know if i want this guy on my team. Torn. It was only one incident but a terrible one.

He did pay for the stupid ass move, he hasn't made any excuses for it.

Everybody has their demons that pop out once in awhile but this was violence to a woman.

From what I've read and heard, people at Oklahoma swear by this kid - they love him.  The fact that the team really went to bat to keep him around tells me that it's more than likely a one time mistake.

I've got no issues spending a 3rd rounder on this guy.
Reply/Quote
Mixon was not invited to the scouting combine, therefore the Bengals and all other NFL teams did not get the chance to interview him. I see this as the Bengals doing their due diligence and trying to get a true sense of this guy's character to determine if he is worth a draft pick. Yes he punched a female and that is absolutely horrible! It may or may not be the 1 horrible thing he ever does. The Bengals and the 3 other teams that met with him will hopefully have a better understanding of this being a 1 time thing or not than the other 28 teams come draft weekend. I see nothing wrong with the team meeting with Mixon to get a better gauge of his true character rather than go off of 1 maybe isolated incident.
Reply/Quote
How many anti Mixon posters also like Pac Man and Tez?

The way the Bengals operate, they have to take chances on high risk, high reward, diminished market players.

You're telling me you would be said if the Bengals came out of the 4th Round with:

Foster

Lawson

Butt

Mixon?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: "likes" implies that he does it on a regular basis.  The factual part is that he punched a girl once and was punished.

I like to watch the Bengals play in Super Bowls and take cross-country trips to Europe. I've only done both of those things once.

But all sarcasm and further vain attempts at arm-wrestling over semantics aside, I can't root for a guy who did that on my football team. The guy freaking slugged that girl. Cold cocked her. Maybe it was just an awful mistake and maybe it is the only time he ever did it. And I don't care what the rest of the league thinks about the Bengals. We're already thugs in everyone else's eyes, fairly or unfairly. Hitting a girl like that...how he did it..I have to draw the line somewhere, as far as what I, as a fan, will simply ignore in the name of wanting my fave team to win. It's hard enough with guys like PacMan. I can't root for this guy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: From what I've read and heard, people at Oklahoma swear by this kid - they love him.  The fact that the team really went to bat to keep him around tells me that it's more than likely a one time mistake.

I've got no issues spending a 3rd rounder on this guy.

Thanks for this Hammerstripes, makes me feel better if we do draft him for sure.

He is the type of RB we need, he is very versatile cause he can play RB or WR, has great hands, burst, speed and vision.

He has it all as far as a playmaker.
Reply/Quote
Great. Let's get rid of pacman and adopt this new woman beater. Always have to have at least 1... Ninja
Reply/Quote
If he weren't a football player and potential draft pick, this wouldn't even be news. This and worse are happening right now, but because it's regular folks like us, it won't even make the news.

I'm not defending what he did by any stretch. We all have skeletons though. We have all done shitty things that we hope no one else finds out about. We all make mistakes, but most of us get to move on and not have it held over our heads forever. That's where I actually feel bad for athletes and celebrities. Any misstep is in the public eye and they get harshly judged for it, even though the people doing the judging has done similar or worse things. We just get to live in anonymity.

This kid could go on to make Pacman look like a saint. I think he should be given a fair shake to prove otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hill sucker punched a guy in the back of the head and celebrated with buddies as the guy was out on the floor, he hasn't done it since and has not been in trouble. Most people didn't care about it when we drafted him, not sure why people pretend like a bad decision is destined to lead to more down the road. People make bad decisions, this kid is one of the few big time college players who has actually had consequences because of it.

Brick killed a guy.

[Image: 31579458.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Awesome!!! Him and Jones would make good buddies
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 07:26 PM)Trademark Wrote: Awesome!!! Him and Jones would make good buddies

[Image: 51YJhSd8FhL.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/joe-mixon-delivers-ezekiel-elliott-level-testing-numbers-at-oklahoma-pro-day/
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: "The video shows Mixon punching Amelia Molitor, fracturing four bones in her face, during an altercation at a sandwich shop near Oklahoma's campus in Norman."

That's not a mistake that anyone can make once...a speeding ticket is for instance. Normal people don't punch female strangers.

Female or not, she pushed him then hit him in the face, people want equality? That is what equality is, you put your hands on someone don't be shocked and appalled when they hit back. Video.

I don't want Mixon until round 4 at the earliest(probably not at all) but atleast post the whole story, constant double standards, if the dude had done what she did and Mixon hit him he would have been defending himself and it would be a nonissue.

Yes it was a super shitty thing to do BUT Normal female strangers don't hit random male strangers in the face.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I like to watch the Bengals play in Super Bowls and take cross-country trips to Europe. I've only done both of those things once.

But all sarcasm and further vain attempts at arm-wrestling over semantics aside, I can't root for a guy who did that on my football team. The guy freaking slugged that girl. Cold cocked her. Maybe it was just an awful mistake and maybe it is the only time he ever did it. And I don't care what the rest of the league thinks about the Bengals. We're already thugs in everyone else's eyes, fairly or unfairly. Hitting a girl like that...how he did it..I have to draw the line somewhere, as far as what I, as a fan, will simply ignore in the name of wanting my fave team to win. It's hard enough with guys like PacMan. I can't root for this guy.

Cold cocked her? That would imply she wasnt putting hands on him. She hit him twice before he hit her. Women want equality. If this was a man nobody would have a problem oh but since its a woman..... U cant have equality only in certain instances its all of it or none if it. Also she was calling him racial slurs and she got up and started hitting him.
Reply/Quote