Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Met with Joe Mixon
(03-08-2017, 11:30 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cool! Now the Bengals can get flagged for personal fouls on offense too!

Wont happen. We are the bitches of the NFL! We are the ones who get slapped. So, this scenario is, well, kinda like, Karma? It's meant to be! :)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
great! hide the cheerleaders. mixon and pacman should do well together.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:36 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: 1 of 4 teams to privately take a meeting with him.

In case you don't know, Mixon is the highly talented Oklahoma RB that likes to punch girls.

We should room him with Pacman and they can get suspended together on the same night. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to stop bringing in players with off-the-field issues. The lack of discipline destroys the team.

After the playoff loss to Pittsburgh where the team imploded with 2 personal fouls on defense...you'd think we'd learn.

Yet the Bengals see a chance to get a potential 1st or 2nd Round talent in the 4th or 5th Round...and fans will be happy with it.

Any kid that has the impulse to punch a girl at a mall so hard that it shatters here face...has discipline and self-control issues.

Agreed. I'd tell Marvin if he asks about himthat Lewis lost th right to take talent over drama because of that game.  Win a playoff game and we will talk about high baggage players let alone that extension you keep asking me about with a straight face there giggles.
Reply/Quote
Well Cleveland was one of the 4 teams there. They 2 picks in each of the first 2 rounds. I can see them taking Mixon with the first pick in the third.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:36 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: 1 of 4 teams to privately take a meeting with him.

In case you don't know, Mixon is the highly talented Oklahoma RB that likes to punch girls.

Some chicks just deserve it. How much cap space would cutting hill give us?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Female or not, she pushed him then hit him in the face, people want equality? That is what equality is, you put your hands on someone don't be shocked and appalled when they hit back. Video.

I don't want Mixon until round 4 at the earliest(probably not at all) but atleast post the whole story, constant double standards, if the dude had done what she did and Mixon hit him he would have been defending himself and it would be a nonissue.

Yes it was a super shitty thing to do BUT Normal female strangers don't hit random male strangers in the face.

So we're just going to ignore that literally before he sucker punched her that he lunged at her after she pushed him, a "fake out" that makes people believe that you're going to hit them.

It looked like he was going to hit her before she slapped him. So she reacts.

Sorry, but I still believe that you don't hit a woman like that. Especially for a slap. Grow up.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Female or not, she pushed him then hit him in the face, people want equality? That is what equality is, you put your hands on someone don't be shocked and appalled when they hit back. Video.

I don't want Mixon until round 4 at the earliest(probably not at all) but atleast post the whole story, constant double standards, if the dude had done what she did and Mixon hit him he would have been defending himself and it would be a nonissue.

Yes it was a super shitty thing to do BUT Normal female strangers don't hit random male strangers in the face.

Problem magnet. Don't need another one.

Reply/Quote
Now here's why I don't want him besides the obvious reason. It's what he says about it and the little remorse he has.

He lunges at her before she hits him, and it takes 1 second for her to react.

He had MULTIPLE chances to leave and not deal with that, even his other friends tried to stay out of it.

He has shown no remorse about it. Literally, none.

All he talks about is about that not being him, to get to know the real him. He doesn't ONCE apologize for his actions. It's just "It was a mistake".

No "I'm sorry for breaking her face" or "I'm sorry for not leaving when I should have". None of that.

But hey, we're a team that still has Adam Jones. So let's not act like we're trying to get rid of that image anymore.

Reply/Quote

Normal male strangers don't break random girl strangers faces after they get slapped for calling the other's friend a f@g

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:48 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Normal male strangers don't break random girl strangers faces after they get slapped for calling the other's friend a f@g

according to him that was after she called him the n word multiple times.
Reply/Quote

She slapped him. He punched her. 

He walked away unfazed. She had surgery. 

I don't believe the disproportionate use of force is equality. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has said he doesn't have the ability, inclination, or time to rehabilitate knuckleheads and he doesn't want anymore knuckleheads after dealing with knuckleheads in the past. 

He's already got enough on his plate just managing the clock before the end of each half. Let's not over burden the poor guy.
Reply/Quote
Can't make it through every post, but I have a feeling Mixon goes higher than most people think (meaning, I hear "mid-round" a lot). He may go second to a club. The Bengals? Dunno. But obviously, they're doing their due diligence.

Any team that takes him has to be ready for the horde of national media flying / driving in for his presser the next day, requests for extra time from owner/GM/HC/OC at that point...then again during rookie mini-camp...then again in training camp...then again with his first start...not to mention any other slip ups or issues. It's a lot to take on.

Great points on Hill.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:32 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So we're just going to ignore that literally before he sucker punched her that he lunged at her after she pushed him, a "fake out" that makes people believe that you're going to hit them.

It looked like he was going to hit her before she slapped him. So she reacts.

Sorry, but I still believe that you don't hit a woman like that. Especially for a slap. Grow up.

Grow up? Everyone in the video were adults, they live in an adult world where if you put your hands on someone else you should expect a reaction, that is what im saying.

Was what he did extremely shitty? Yes. Should she have went and put her hands on another person? No. 

I'm sorry but if growing up consist of people being able to hit you in the face without repercussions simply because of there gender then we have a problem. That isn't growing up that is excusing people acting like children simply because of a gender, from the video provided everyone involved looks like pieces of shit.

(03-09-2017, 12:43 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Problem magnet. Don't need another one.

I agree completely, I'll be beyond pissed if they even glance his way before round 4, don't really want him at that point but atleast it isn't too early of a pick wasted.

(03-09-2017, 12:48 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Normal male strangers don't break random girl strangers faces after they get slapped for calling the other's friend a f@g

We have 0 evidence on the claims as we have 0 audio, according to him they said some kind of racial slur as well. We just gonna say that's fine as well, I mean do you wanna excuse that behavior as well because of her gender?

(03-09-2017, 12:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: She slapped him. He punched her. 

He walked away unfazed. She had surgery. 

I don't believe the disproportionate use of force is equality. 

Point is, had her male friend been the one that got in his face, pushed him, then hit him in the face with the same outcome this would be a nonissue. 

Again, he is a piece of shit I would avoid drafting but adults whether they are male or female can't go around putting there hands on people and expect zero push back. Yes he went too far but again you don't put your hands on people unless you're ready for a reaction.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm all for 2nd chances...but the Bengals organization and coaches have shown time and time again that they can't field a team with discipline.

Maybe if we had the organizational structure of the Patriots...this would work.

We've taken shortcut after shortcut with guys...and 0 wins in 26+ years.

Yeah, the Pats organization did wonders with that Hernandez guy. 

The Pats are winners but they are the shadiest team in the league
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Never done it before, but if Mixon found his way on the team I would taunt the shit out of him, and may even dump a full beer on his head as he was coming out of the tunnel.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:08 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Can't make it through every post, but I have a feeling Mixon goes higher than most people think (meaning, I hear "mid-round" a lot). He may go second to a club. The Bengals? Dunno. But obviously, they're doing their due diligence.

Any team that takes him has to be ready for the horde of national media flying / driving in for his presser the next day, requests for extra time from owner/GM/HC/OC at that point...then again during rookie mini-camp...then again in training camp...then again with his first start...not to mention any other slip ups or issues. It's a lot to take on.

Great points on Hill.

Are they really? 

Tell me, in your perspective as a beat writer, what is so "obvious" that Tobin, and the like, do their due diligence in regard to off-field transgressions?

Again, we are talking about the most limited scouting operation in the league.  
Reply/Quote
I will not defend him hitting that girl. I was pissed off seeing the video. But after a while I think he deserves a 2nd chance. We need that talent at running back especially since we aren't getting Davis now!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm not as familiar with the Big 12, but I've worked with a lot of student athletes in the ACC and I'll tell you that these kids are under a constant microscope regarding behavior. The fact that Mixon didn't get in trouble again after something so heinous as an 18 year old, tells me that he must have worked very hard to avoid trouble after that. I've seen kids lose scholarships after two positive drug screens for marijuana, while their classmates who aren't athletes smoke frequently. I get that violence is much different, but the point is that he must have done something pretty spectacular to stay out of any more trouble. As Hammerstripes pointed out, they love him in Oklahoma and the program really went to bat for him. That says a lot to me. PS the human brain doesn't fully finish developing till the age of 25 and the last parts to develop relate to impulse control. This kid isn't Pacman, who BTW got a second chance from Zimmer who saw something in him character-wise when with Dallas. I'd be very happy to see the Bengals get him in the 3rd round. I think it's a risk reward proposition. It's a much bigger risk in the 1st or 2nd round.
Reply/Quote