Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Most Improved Player (according to PFF)
Mixon and Boyd jump out, but it wasn't so much Mixon improving as it was blocking schemes. Mixon has always been a fantastic talent. With Boyd, I think injury played a role in his regression in 2017.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I know it's been said a million times, but the LBs really, really made everyone else look bad on defense. Honestly, we may as well have been better off not even having linebackers on the field, they were that bad. It doesn't matter how good your DL is if the QB always has an open receiver in the middle of the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 02:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: agree with you guys, Billings vastly improved, so I don't view his spot as a need any longer.

Would love to see the Bengals sign Mosley and Barr and call it a successful off-season.
Go into the draft and if White is there, dam what a difference our Defense would be.
I wanted Frank Clark too, but he got tagged.

Sadly we know the Bengal way and need to look at guys that get cut. Sad

We need an O-lineman in FA whether it is a RT or a RG.

Also i truly believe that the "Bengal way" has changed for the better with this clean sweep and nearly entirely new coaching staff.

The ownership has done things the right way the last couple of years. I expect atleast one big signing in FA, probably two.

Mosley will be back with the Ravens. I think the cutting of Weddle was to make room for Mosley.

Right now i am expecting a FA like this...

KJ Wright MLB and JuWaun James RT. The Draft early...

White WLB, Lidstrom RG then the best available TE in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Drumroll please...

ANDREW BILLINGS, INTERIOR DEFENDER
In Billings’ first year of NFL action, it was clear he wasn’t ready for the speed of the game. This past season, he looked more like the player we saw at Baylor. He racked up 22 run stops compared to only seven in 2017.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-each-nfl-teams-most-improved-player

well he did play a lot more this past season...
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mixon and Boyd jump out, but it wasn't so much Mixon improving as it was blocking schemes. Mixon has always been a fantastic talent. With Boyd, I think injury played a role in his regression in 2017.

that and don't forget he was dealing with legal troubles that year...
Reply/Quote
Team game. If someone improves next to you, you might see less double teams and improve as well. There's a few players that stand out though.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 11:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Drumroll please...

ANDREW BILLINGS, INTERIOR DEFENDER
In Billings’ first year of NFL action, it was clear he wasn’t ready for the speed of the game. This past season, he looked more like the player we saw at Baylor. He racked up 22 run stops compared to only seven in 2017.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-each-nfl-teams-most-improved-player

He improved, but Boyd is by far our most improved player hands down

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well he did play a lot more this past season...

Well, projecting from stats alone Ringo could have had similar numbers in same amount of play time.  So...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote