Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals National TV Sunday. What Are You Looking For In Game
This is the Preseason Game the starters try to play like they are ready for the season. So I'm hoping the O Line opens holes for Mixon and Bernard.  I'm hoping the O Line protects Dalton and lets AJ Green, Boyd, Ross catch passes.  I'm hoping the Defense looks like a possible Play-Off Defense.  So I'm hoping for a lot in this one. I probably won't watch Preseason Game 4 which I wish NFL would just eliminate. I will be into this one.

I'm also looking forward to National Fox Sports announcers of this game. I hope the announcers do the game as a regular season game because they need the warm up also.  I like Munoz, but it will be good not to hear Bengals Duke Tobin during the game. I would like to hear a less Bengal opinion of how the Bengals look. Maybe more critical than Bengals Announcers.  I give credit to Munoz pretty much saying Preseason One was good, but Preseason 2 was a giant step backwards by the team.  Looking forward to National Fox Sports announcers comments. I hope they stay more with play by play than most preseason sail and drift away announcing.

Of course no major injuries. That is said every preseason game of every year.  Of course we don't want major injuries. Still, Bengals need to get it together in this one and show they are ready for regular season. Last time we really see the top starters until regular season.  Plus Sunday afternoon Bengals football, WHO DEY. GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Synergy with teammates, players knowing assignments, general sharpness from all players and units, a good round of practice, and of course NO INJURIES.  

I'll be attending this game, so I'll also selfishly be rooting for a busy end-zone(goal-line seats)  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 02:14 AM)kevin Wrote: This is the Preseason Game the starters try to play like they are ready for the season. So I'm hoping the O Line opens holes for Mixon and Bernard.  I'm hoping the O Line protects Dalton and lets AJ Green, Boyd, Ross catch passes.  I'm hoping the Defense looks like a possible Play-Off Defense.  So I'm hoping for a lot in this one. I probably won't watch Preseason Game 4 which I wish NFL would just eliminate. I will be into this one.

I'm also looking forward to National Fox Sports announcers of this game. I hope the announcers do the game as a regular season game because they need the warm up also.  I like Munoz, but it will be good not to hear Bengals Duke Tobin during the game. I would like to hear a less Bengal opinion of how the Bengals look. Maybe more critical than Bengals Announcers.  I give credit to Munoz pretty much saying Preseason One was good, but Preseason 2 was a giant step backwards by the team.  Looking forward to National Fox Sports announcers comments. I hope they stay more with play by play than most preseason sail and drift away announcing.  

Of course no major injuries. That is said every preseason game of every year.  Of course we don't want major injuries. Still, Bengals need to get it together in this one and show they are ready for regular season. Last time we really see the top starters until regular season.  Plus Sunday afternoon Bengals football, WHO DEY. GO BENGALS

My hopes align with yours, old friend. And if all of them don't materialize Sunday, keep a good thought that they eventually will in some form or another. 

Generally I don't get into thinking about who deserves what, but in our corner of Bengaldom it seems it's about time for Lady Luck to show us a little smile. Looks like we have enough talent to take that and run with it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 04:49 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: My hopes align with yours, old friend. And if all of them don't materialize Sunday, keep a good thought that they eventually will in some form or another. 

Generally I don't get into thinking about who deserves what, but in our corner of Bengaldom it seems it's about time for Lady Luck to show us a little smile. Looks like we have enough talent to take that and run with it.

It comes fast. Looks like Luck is back with Indy week 1 and that makes them a tough road game.  Then Ravens in for a very tough home opener in Jungle. Still, I'm hoping for a 2-0 start.  They have harder road games than Indy and good teams win at home, so beat Ravens in Jungle. In order to do this, they have to be ready week 1, not week 5 or 6.  Bengals had an awful start to season last year but won 7 games. Those awful starts kill you. Very hard to make play-offs after an 0-3 start or even an 0-2 start.  Like you, I'm not looking to 2019 season. Get with it and get it in gear for start of 2018 season in 2 weeks.  Sunday is the last good preseason game because the last preseason game with Indy a few days later is a lot of nothing. They need to kick it in gear some on Sunday.  With blocking, they do have the talent. Without blocking, the best players ever couldn't win. So get at it, fly off the snaps and lay on the blocks. GO BENGALS.  I would also think both Mike Brown due to age and Marvin Lewis due to no play-off wins would both feel some urgency now as opposed to later, and the need for the team ready to win in week 1. Both are running out of time and years. 2019 is no guarantee to either. Their window of opportunity is now or never, which hinges on a good start to season in 2 weeks. So they have to pick their game up a lot Sunday at Buffalo from the awful first half at Dallas last week.

I guess the best preseason team I ever saw and showing my age was Vince Lombardi's Packers. The other teams looked like preseason. Bart Starr and Company looked like they did in Super Bowls. I'm not expecting Bengals off 7-9 season to dominate Buffalo like that, but if Bengals come out looking like a play-off team Sunday, then they are ready for start of season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I’ll be focusing on just about everything. RT will get more attention tho.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda glad the game is against the Bills, as I don't think either team will be taking cheap shots or trying to hurt anyone. As for the start of the regular season, not too worried about Luck, he's rusty. Flacco, on the other hand, is supposed to be looking like the old Bert. Boomer has Baltimore going 3-0 and winning the North. Hopefully, we can muck that up, and with Jimmy Smith out for four games, Green can take that game over.
Reply/Quote
I want to see John Ross look like a top 10 pick. Let’s get that first NFL TD out of the way and build the young man’s confidence.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see John Ross look like a top 10 pick. Let’s get that first NFL TD out of the way and build the young man’s confidence.

I second that.  Getting him involved would go a long way to boosting the guy's confidence.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I want us to lose to see how we bounce back in game 4. Need to see how our new coaches rectify the situation.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see John Ross look like a top 10 pick. Let’s get that first NFL TD out of the way and build the young man’s confidence.

thought getting him that 2 point conversion was a good start but yes get him and boyd involved early and often... We already know what AJ Brings I'm not opposed to letting AJ sit and giving the young guys a chance to work with Dalton... But Green will play I think.

Would like to see Eifert but if they are playing it safe I'm fine with that but if we are gonna play him in a preseason game this would be the one to do so... He needs to get hit before regular season
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 10:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I want us to lose to see how we bounce back in game 4. Need to see how our new coaches rectify the situation.

game 4 should be all 2s for both teams with them meeting again in 10 days.

Should be a good game for woodside
Reply/Quote
I want to see this hybrid up- tempo great thing we heard about all off season offense show up and execute. All I know is - after watching the turds shut down the reigning super bowl champs (especially the first half with the starters) yesterday evening, their defense looked pretty good. And if the Bengals O is stuck in neutral - Oh boy - it will be a long and painful season.
Reply/Quote
OL improvement
Andrew Brown
John Ross to get some catches
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 02:14 AM)kevin Wrote: This is the Preseason Game the starters try to play like they are ready for the season. So I'm hoping the O Line opens holes for Mixon and Bernard.  I'm hoping the O Line protects Dalton and lets AJ Green, Boyd, Ross catch passes.  I'm hoping the Defense looks like a possible Play-Off Defense.  So I'm hoping for a lot in this one. I probably won't watch Preseason Game 4 which I wish NFL would just eliminate. I will be into this one.

Pretty much the same, the O-line starting to gel, Mixon actually having a CHANCE to get into a rhythm, Dalton
and Ross getting some chemistry going is really what i want to see.

Is Romo going to be one of the announcers?

I like Romo, he is unbiased and knows his stuff. Always hated him when he was on the Cowboys but he is a
very good announcer.
Reply/Quote

Yep,

I'd love to see Ross have a good game and gain some confidence. I'd like to see Mixon get some yards rushing. Of course the O-line especially the right side. Be watching the LBers see how they're looking. Wanna see how well Bates does playing center field.

Like Harley said pretty much everything.
Reply/Quote
Will once again be watching OL.

Just hoping they start allowing enough time for our playmakers to get involved by the time the regular season arrives.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Plus the "not" kicker competition going on.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:59 AM)BengalD Wrote: I want to see this hybrid up- tempo great thing we heard about all off season offense show up and execute.  All I know is - after watching the turds shut down the reigning super bowl champs (especially the first half with the starters) yesterday evening, their defense looked pretty good.  And if the Bengals O is stuck in neutral - Oh boy - it will be a long and painful season.

bengals aren't gonna break out their regular season offense for the rest of the league to get tape on....
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bengals aren't gonna break out their regular season offense for the rest of the league to get tape on....

Makes much more sense than running out everything from the regular season . It's still PS and there are still guys trying to make the team or even the practice squad . It may spell the end for older players getting pushed out by younger guys. I'm really not so much worried how the starters play in this game.  They'll either have a great regular season or they won't. This game isn't going to determine that. The regular season games will determine how they do in the regular season. 
While I hope they win what I hope for most is consistency and no injuries. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully some improvement. Disappointing performance last week.
Reply/Quote