Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals National TV Sunday. What Are You Looking For In Game
I want to see if Andrew Brown is good enough to get snaps at 3T over Glasgow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
NFL Sirius just had Laps on talking about today's game. Some things he had to say:

Redmond is getting the start at RG

Eifert should get some snaps in certain packages

Expects the starter to play the entire first half

Iloka was cut because the new DC wants to focus on turnovers and Bates was going to get the most playing time anyway

MJ is our only position player with 10 years experience

New Oline coach scheme is much more aggressive. PA was a "give and catch" type

He absolutely loves Andy Dalton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 08:12 PM)CincyKid Wrote: -I want to see our D-line manhandle Jethro Bodine and his boys......Geno has to be grinning ear-to-ear

-I want to see our O-line push around the Bills D-line..............and no false starts

-Zero Turnovers

Give me those 3 things and the rest will take care of itself

Well we got Glenn and they Bodine. Our fans have called Bodine the worst center in the league (starters), so if our tackles do not blow him up, we have major DT issues or our fans were wrong. Let's see how it plays out if he goes against Geno and Billings, then discuss later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Surprised that Michael Johnson was the only dlineman not to contribute. Wish we had some quality backups to replace him as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 02:14 AM)kevin Wrote: This is the Preseason Game the starters try to play like they are ready for the season. So I'm hoping the O Line opens holes for Mixon and Bernard.  I'm hoping the O Line protects Dalton and lets AJ Green, Boyd, Ross catch passes.  I'm hoping the Defense looks like a possible Play-Off Defense.  So I'm hoping for a lot in this one. I probably won't watch Preseason Game 4 which I wish NFL would just eliminate. I will be into this one.

I'm also looking forward to National Fox Sports announcers of this game. I hope the announcers do the game as a regular season game because they need the warm up also.  I like Munoz, but it will be good not to hear Bengals Duke Tobin during the game. I would like to hear a less Bengal opinion of how the Bengals look. Maybe more critical than Bengals Announcers.  I give credit to Munoz pretty much saying Preseason One was good, but Preseason 2 was a giant step backwards by the team.  Looking forward to National Fox Sports announcers comments. I hope they stay more with play by play than most preseason sail and drift away announcing.  

Of course no major injuries. That is said every preseason game of every year.  Of course we don't want major injuries. Still, Bengals need to get it together in this one and show they are ready for regular season. Last time we really see the top starters until regular season.  Plus Sunday afternoon Bengals football, WHO DEY. GO BENGALS
Everything was great.  On the TD Bomb to Ross, the O Line protection was perfect. The running and passing was a result of much improved blocking. The Defense looked good. Kicking was good and I'm glad National TV announcers said they are going with last years kicker. There is no reason to change kickers.  They look ready for Indy in 2 weeks.  I don't care about Indy in a few days, but I do care about Indy in 2 weeks at start of season.  There was one poster who said nothing in Preseason Game 3 would matter. I'm sure coaches disagree. Teams want to see their starters look good in Preseason Game 3, and Bengals did.  No, the game doesn't count in regular season, but it was a good team effort trying to be ready to start season.  Looked like our Left Tackle left game with injury, but on sidelines he didn't look like major injury as he was walking around. I'm hoping he is OK, and the Bengals look ready to go get some wins. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote