Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Not Picking Up Price's 5th Year Option
I still think Turner really stunted the growth of not only Price but all the lineman the past few years. It’s too late for him to recover as a Bengal unfortunately IMO. Think he will be a decent starter for someone else.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:40 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I'd say the Bengals biggest bust next to John Ross since Ogbuehi. 

I'd say the Bengals have more busts than the Radio City Rockettes!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I still think Turner really stunted the growth of not only Price but all the lineman the past few years. It’s too late for him to recover as a Bengal unfortunately IMO. Think he will be a decent starter for someone else.

does anyone remember how price did last time pollack was here? pollack was the coach when we drafted him right? 2018?
Reply/Quote
Apparently, we're not picking up Price's 5th year option and he'll become a free agent.

With so much uncertainty on the offensive line, I don't know how I feel about this:

Quote:A former Ohio State offensive lineman is slated to become a free agent following the 2021 NFL season, according to a report.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Wednesday that the Cincinnati Bengals are not expected to pick up the fifth-year option on offensive lineman Bill Price’s rookie contract. That means the former Buckeye will become a free agent after the season.

But I also agree that he's not worth the 10.4 million he'd get:

Quote:Per OverTheCap.com, if the Bengals did pick up the option, Price would’ve been fully guaranteed a $10.4 million base salary.

Do you think we try and re-sign him for less?
Reply/Quote
Already a thread on this titled "Billy Price" just a few spots down the list.

Mods - please merge.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does anyone remember how price did last time pollack was here? pollack was the coach when we drafted him right? 2018?

Stunk and injured
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, he's got 2021 to prove he's worth a second contract. He should get the opportunity, given Hopkins' injury.

Do you mean with the Bengals, or just in general?

I would expect he's already not expecting to return to Cincinnati, even if he does play well.

I also don't think Price fits well in a wide zone scheme.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Stunk and injured

He was still better at C than he was at G lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn Lions. Whatever

Rumor has it that they are trying to snake the Bengals again this year.
Reply/Quote
If they draft a center and another lineman and Hopkins is healthy Price could be cut.

He has really been poor.
Reply/Quote
Price Stinks. Another First Round Pick that was a bust, with Ogbuhei and Ross. So far the picks under Zac are Williams and Burrow. Zac is dumping these awful picks under Marvin and I don't blame him. Why should Zac be shackled with the awful Marvin picks. On that draft, THE PRICE WAS WRONG. He fooled me. To hear Urban Meyer tell it, Price would be our Pro Bowl Center for years. YES, Bengals have to unload all these horrible high priced 1st round picks under MARVIN that never did jack and were just awful. Hey, if Urban likes him so much, trade him to Jacksonville for a bag of peanuts.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not surprising

Perhaps he'll find his stride this season but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
I remember Billy's first snap at Center; he got totally trucked (OSU homers said he "slipped"); it was too funny; unfortunately, I cannot find a video.

It never got better from there
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Does anyone find in concerning that Price is already looking to 2022? His comment of looking forward to a fresh start is not what you would expect from a guy who should be working his ass off to prove his value.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The Price isnt right.
The kid is just too soft and lacks real aggression
And a desire to dominate and kill the man
Lined up across from him.
Are you a sheep or a wolf. ? You are one or the other
In the NFL. Hes a sheep
Im glad the players that are soft are and have left left this
Team......
Reply/Quote
Price was another bad draft pick. I’m totally fine not keeping that guy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Does anyone find in concerning that Price is already looking to 2022? His comment of looking forward to a fresh start is not what you would expect from a guy who should be working his ass off to prove his value.

Not Really cause its in his best interest to put his absolute best on tape this year even if he doesnt plan to return.   To get the best deal possible in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Does anyone find in concerning that Price is already looking to 2022? His comment of looking forward to a fresh start is not what you would expect from a guy who should be working his ass off to prove his value.

Murdock, Price already knows his ass is riding the pine.  He isnt going anywhere near the field minus a lot of OL going down with injuries.  

He's going to milk the last few millions from the Brown family and walk off into the sunset with $11 million dollars that he didnt earn a damn bit of. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Price Stinks.  Another First Round Pick that was a bust, with Ogbuhei and Ross.  So far the picks under Zac are Williams and Burrow.  Zac is dumping these awful picks under Marvin and I don't blame him. Why should Zac be shackled with the awful Marvin picks. On that draft, THE PRICE WAS WRONG.  He fooled me. To hear Urban Meyer tell it, Price would be our Pro Bowl Center for years.  YES, Bengals have to unload all these horrible high priced 1st round picks under MARVIN that never did jack and were just awful.  Hey, if Urban likes him so much, trade him to Jacksonville for a bag of peanuts.

Yep your right Price was a horrible draft pick at #1.  So we'll go onto Zac's drafts. 

Jonah Williams - Played 10 out 26 games.  Looked serviceable while in the games but definitely not Elite.  If you can't stay healthy you can't stay on the field. 

Sample - Average at best for a TE.  Wont pop out at you.  Normally, a 4th round pick at best who we draft in the 2nd round.  

Ryan Finley - traded to Houston

Michael Jordan - "tried" to play guard last year but got our star QB's knee tore up. 

Renell Wren - Who?  

Then of course we hit on 2020 #1 draft pick.  Any of the 32 teams in teh NFL could've picked Burrow and had a star QB.  

Higgins a good draft pick too but if you miss at #33 somethings wrong.  Sample was #52 and yet you see the difference in talent.  

You can say Marvin missed on a lot of draft picks but facts are facts.  Look at the drafts Marvin had and there's a couple potential Hall of Famers in that group.   Marvin's drafts help lead him to the playoffs in the 3rd year.  Zac has no chance to make the playoffs this year. 
Reply/Quote
I would not be willing to give Marvin and Taylor totally the hits and misses when it comes to draft picks. Most of the veto power and decision making has been with others.
Reply/Quote