Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Not Picking Up Price's 5th Year Option
(04-28-2021, 02:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Do you think we try and re-sign him for less?

He's not worth the Price of admission...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, we're not picking up Price's 5th year option and he'll become a free agent.

With so much uncertainty on the offensive line, I don't know how I feel about this:

But I also agree that he's not worth the 10.4 million he'd get:

Do you think we try and re-sign him for less?

He isn't worth anywhere near that money.  I am still pulling for the guy to have a resurgence, but it seems unlikely at this point. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Price is probably the only center we'll ever draft in the first round in my lifetime.

Sucks he busted.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: does anyone remember how price did last time pollack was here? pollack was the coach when we drafted him right? 2018?

What if Price has a breakout yr....do we attempt to resign or chalk it up to that contract yr thing?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 06:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What if Price has a breakout yr....do we attempt to resign or chalk it up to that contract yr thing?

Then I'd chalk it more up to a Pollack thing.

He did play better under Pollack as a rookie. Somewhat.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Does anyone find in concerning that Price is already looking to 2022? His comment of looking forward to a fresh start is not what you would expect from a guy who should be working his ass off to prove his value.

I agree it's a bad look.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do you mean with the Bengals, or just in general?

I would expect he's already not expecting to return to Cincinnati, even if he does play well.

I also don't think Price fits well in a wide zone scheme.

In general, but he could stick here if he plays well. I doubt it though, as I expect him to be who he has been for the last 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember Billy's first snap at Center; he got totally trucked (OSU homers said he "slipped"); it was too funny; unfortunately, I cannot find a video.

It never got better from there

Second snap.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Only if Pollack works relentless hours in his lab to devise an elixir that makes someone be the best NFL O-lineman.

He'd probably take it himself and cut Price anyway. Pollack for Pro-Bowl calling my shot now.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thanks Lapham for giving our pick away that year
Reply/Quote
If it was possible to opt out of the 4th year of his deal, I’d be thrilled.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
A. J. Green WR 
Dre Kirkpatrick DB 
Kevin Zeitler OG
Tyler Eifert TE
Darqueze Dennard DB 
Cedric Ogbuehi OT
William Jackson III CB 
John Ross WR
Billy Price C  
Jonah Williams OT  
Joe Burrow QB

Last eleven 1st round picks. Not a lot of history of greatness for year 5 for these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thanks Lapham for giving our pick away that year

The Bengals put themselves behind the Lions with the Glenn trade. Less than two weeks later, the Lions watched their starting center sign elsewhere. If anything, blame the Cowboys. They took Vander Esch, who the Lions really wanted. Sadly, the Bengals had no shot at Ragnow after the trade down. Plus, a lot of media members have mentioned that the Bengals also thought very highly of Vander Esch and were a darkhorse team to draft him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 07:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In general, but he could stick here if he plays well. I doubt it though, as I expect him to be who he has been for the last 3 years.

I can see him getting a backup C role somewhere else for sure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 10:44 PM)Destro Wrote: A. J. Green WR 
Dre Kirkpatrick DB 
Kevin Zeitler OG
Tyler Eifert TE
Darqueze Dennard DB 
Cedric Ogbuehi OT
William Jackson III CB 
John Ross WR
Billy Price C  
Jonah Williams OT  
Joe Burrow QB

Last eleven 1st round picks. Not a lot of history of greatness for year 5 for these guys.

Man is that an ugly list. Only 1 star player and 1 more with potential to be. At least 4 busts.

Why are we even arguing Sewell/Chase? Feels like whoever we take won't amount to much.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are a lot of first round picks that don't live up to their hype but many times they are at least average starters. With Ogbuehi, Price, and Ross they did not even reach that level.

When we drafted Price I thought he might have been drafted a bit high. But my concern was that he might just be a decent starter instead of a Pro Bowl player like you want to get in the First round. I never thought he would be as bad as what we have seen so far.

Me either. I wanted Ragnow, but was kinda impressed with the consolation prize. Price I thought would be better than Bodine, and we got Glenn. That turned out to be a very bad deal for the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man is that an ugly list. Only 1 star player and 1 more with potential to be. At least 4 busts.

Why are we even arguing Sewell/Chase? Feels like whoever we take won't amount to much.

Yeah, I'm curious on the later round and UDFA that may come in a surprise. We get those every now and again. 
Reply/Quote