Poll: Do the Bengals Make the Playoffs?
Yes, as Division Winners!
Yes, as a Wildcard.
No, but a winning record.
No, and a losing record.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It?
They need help at this point i dont see this team winning the final 4 games... Lamaar being hurt helps us but the browns destroyed us and have the tie breaker.

Of the games coming i see us winning the baltimore game with Lamaar out.. (but then again we do things for unknown QBs) 1-3 the rest the way
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:22 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: They'll make it. Wins over broncos, ravens and browns

Can I have some of what you’re smoking? That must be some righteous $&%#!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They need help at this point i dont see this team winning the final 4 games... Lamaar being hurt helps us but the browns destroyed us and have the tie breaker.

Of the games coming i see us winning the baltimore game with Lamaar out.. (but then again we do things for unknown QBs)  1-3 the rest the way

Actually, I think their backup is playing better than Lamar at this point. 
Reply/Quote
For me, the best-case scenario is that the Bengals manage to win two of the next four games, the rest of the teams keep beating each other so that they make it as a division winner or wildcard, goes to Foxboro and plays like they did in the two Pittsburgh games and knocks out the Patriots.

Of course they could easily end up 7 and 10 if they keep gifting touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Outside looking in to me is you need help outside of your control, the Bengals control their own way to the division title, they don;t need to win 4, just 3 as long as ravens and browns are part of that, we have tiebreakers on both.  It is not just the Bengals are up and down, the whole division is, I don;t think any team is going 4-0, maybe 3--1.. below is the last 4 games for each

Ravens: Have 3 of 4 at home but they play GB this week at home and have Rams still on schedule with Steelers and have Bengals at our place.. I see 2-2 even with Jackson back, 1-3 if not

Browns- Have Raiders/Bengals at home, GB/Steelers away.. 3-1 to 2-2

Steelers- Titans and Browns at home, Chiefs and Ravens away-  1-3 to 2-2 if Jackson is out...

3-1 with both wins in division to me gets us in,, 2-2 is still a possible winning combo for the division

I meant that they are currently 9th in AFC seeding and only the Top 7 get in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, I think their backup is playing better than Lamar at this point. 

Which might take away my 1 win prediction
Reply/Quote
Very little reason to suspect they make the playoffs. Just got it handed to them twice at home by very average teams. Rest of the schedule is typically better teams or on the road. If they can't man up enough to win at home when they could've gained ground on the division lead, no reason to believe they'll suddenly beat better teams.

We just sat back and basically turn-overed our season into oblivion.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, I think their backup is playing better than Lamar at this point. 

He did look pretty good and probably made himself some money.  
Reply/Quote
As much as I want them to make the playoffs I'm not sure it's gonna happen.

Phillips should be unemployed after yesterday. Not long ago ST was a strength.

Blew a golden opportunity by taking the ball out of Joe's hands in OT. Even after all the earlier mistakes.

Our coach is still learning on the job and can't seem to get out of his own way at times.

Our o-line still needs upgraded significantly.

Meanwhile times keeps ticking. As a longtime Bengals fan I know these windows close a lot quicker than they open.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:59 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Very little reason to suspect they make the playoffs. Just got it handed to them twice at home by very average teams. Rest of the schedule is typically better teams or on the road. If they can't man up enough to win at home when they could've gained ground on the division lead, no reason to believe they'll suddenly beat better teams.

We just sat back and basically turn-overed our season into oblivion.

I think you're underestimating how good the 49ers and Chargers are.

Based on record, the Chargers are as good or better than any team in the AFC North and the Broncos.
The Chargers' only losses have come at the hands of teams with a 6-7 record or better. That's more than what the Bengals can say (hello, loss to Jets).
The Chargers are arguably better than anyone else the Bengals have left to play other than the Chiefs.

The 49ers are as good or better than the Browns and Broncos.
They have gone 5-2 since starting 2-4, including beating the Rams 31-10.

I'm not saying the Bengals are going to do well with the remaining games, just that these two teams they just played are not worse than the remaining scheduled teams. Personally, I think they're better than at least two of them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: They need 3 wins in the last 4 weeks.  If they stop shooting themselves in the foot they can do it.

Agree they need 3 out 4 and they ARE capable!

Will it happen?

I double dare them!!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:59 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Very little reason to suspect they make the playoffs. Just got it handed to them twice at home by very average teams. Rest of the schedule is typically better teams or on the road. If they can't man up enough to win at home when they could've gained ground on the division lead, no reason to believe they'll suddenly beat better teams.

This.

Playoff bound teams win, must win games or they sit and watch the playoffs at the house with the other 17 teams!
Reply/Quote
No, unfortunately. This loss and the Jets loss are huge back breakers.

Can't believe the playcalling, and I can't believe the way we've shot ourselves in the foot the last few weeks. Awful. What a painful loss.

What a chance to take over the division too. Painful to watch the playoffs slip away like this.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree they need 3 out 4 and they ARE capable!

Will it happen?

I double dare them!!

Double dare or double dog dare?

Cause if you're doing that then I TRIPLE dog dare them to do it!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Number of wins by division:
AFC West - 30
AFC North - 28.5
AFC East - 25
AFC South - 20

So the only AFC division better than the North is the West.

If we expand out to the NFC:
NFC West - 30
NFC South - 27
NFC East - 25
NFC North - 21.5

So the AFC North has more wins than 5 other divisions.
So I would say the division is "good" but it's not "great."
"Great" is reserved only for the AFC West and NFC West.

Yeah, but you have to look past just "wins". Who have they beaten? What's the record of the teams they have beaten? 

The AFC North has played some crappy teams this year. Jaguars, Bears, Vikings, Texans, Lions, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Call my pessimistic but I just don't see a realistic path now.

Baltimore dropped two straight division games.  I have a hard time believing they're gonna drop a third.
We aren't beating the Chiefs.
The Browns somehow seem to have our number and they may very well be fighting for a playoff spot themselves.

Best case scenario I see them finishing 9-8.  The team has been too undisciplined and unprepared to pull off 3 more wins against the teams left on the schedule.  And I'm not even confident that 10 wins gets them in the playoffs.

How do you not see a realistic path? 

They are one game back. You win 3 of 4 you are basically in. You beat the Ravens, Broncos, and Browns - you win the division most likely. 

I get it's not super likely, but the path is absolutely there. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How do you not see a realistic path? 

They are one game back. You win 3 of 4 you are basically in. You beat the Ravens, Broncos, and Browns - you win the division most likely. 

I get it's not super likely, but the path is absolutely there. 

Boss explained exactly why he doesn't think it's realistic.
He believes the Bengals lose to Ravens because they're too good to lose 3 straight division games.
He believes the Browns have the recipe on how to beat the Bengals, so he's predicting a loss there too.
And the 3rd loss to the Chiefs (for obvious reasons).

With the way all the teams are playing, about the only thing that would surprise me is if the Bengals beat the Chiefs.
I can see any of the other games going either way - win or loss.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Boss explained exactly why he doesn't think it's realistic.
He believes the Bengals lose to Ravens because they're too good to lose 3 straight division games.
He believes the Browns have the recipe on how to beat the Bengals, so he's predicting a loss there too.

With the way all the teams are playing, about the only thing that would surprise me is if the Bengals beat the Chiefs.

I don't agree with that one, but the rest are reasonable.  For some reason, the Browns play lights out against us.

Playoffs are doable, but I said it when it happened, you can't lose to the Jets and Bears the way that they did.  Those 2 games (along with the clunker yesterday) will likely cost us the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Boss explained exactly why he doesn't think it's realistic.

When he said "realistic" I thought he meant the actual path itself, not the likelihood of winning the games. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: Double dare or double dog dare?

Cause if you're doing that then I TRIPLE dog dare them to do it!

That's right Godfather!!

Shut me and GF up and win a blasted playoff game!!!
Reply/Quote