Poll: Do the Bengals Make the Playoffs?
Yes, as Division Winners!
Yes, as a Wildcard.
No, but a winning record.
No, and a losing record.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It?
(12-13-2021, 12:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd have to go search for it, but I believe my end-of-season division rankings right before the season started were:
1) Ravens
2) Browns
3) Bengals
4) Steelers

I think it ends up that way.
The Browns, just like the Bengals, have been up and down too.
However, I could see the Ravens not win the division if Jackson is out for more than one game with his ankle injury.

If the Bengals, Chiefs, Raiders and Packers all win next week, the Bengals jump form 9th to 4th in the playoff standings. Things can change so much from week to week right now, it's going to be a wild ride in the AFC over this final month.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People  Cry  Cry  about the rest of our schedule might want to look at the rest of the divisions remaining schedules.

It's a bit of a circular firing squad, and they have some Ls coming to be sure.  The division will be there for the taking, but after last week and today it's difficult to be optimistic that we can take it.  

I'll say 1-3 over the last four to finish 8-9.  Still a better overall record than I imagined back around Labor Day.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Nope. Not making the playoffs. Won’t have a winning record. That’s when we hear the annual chorus of “Just wait until next year!”

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Nope there 2-4 since beating Baltimore with embarrassing losses to the Jets, Browns and Chargers. They didn’t play good for 3 and a half quarters vs. the 49ers can’t expect to win , same with being down 24-0 versus the Chargers. There a team that turns the ball over it’s who they are wether it’s Burrow, Mixon , Chase or punt returner it’s part of who they are. Zac has all the right answers in his pressers but not on the field.
Reply/Quote
They'll make it. Wins over broncos, ravens and browns
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:29 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: The Bengals are the best team in their division, although the division seems more mediocre than it did a few weeks ago.

They’ll get in via the division crown.

Best team with the worst coach! Not a very good combination!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Four games to go in the season and we still control our own destiny.

Raise your hand if you would have taken that to start the season.

They've been saying that for five or six games now.  If it were true we'd be leading the division right now.  They're not controlling anything.

They squandered a home stand against two teams that they should have beaten.  Now that destiny they "control" almost certainly leads to a must win in January in Cleveland.  And they're not playing any better than the last time they met Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:23 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: If the Bengals, Chiefs, Raiders and Packers all win next week, the Bengals jump form 9th to 4th in the playoff standings. Things can change so much from week to week right now, it's going to be a wild ride in the AFC over this final month.

And in that scenario they probably still have to win two out of three against the Ravens, Chiefs, and Browns to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
We already know what will happen next week. They will come out looking incompetent and confused, make Teddy Bridgewater look like Johnny Unitas and dig themselves into a hole., Then they will rally but as usual fall just short. Game lost.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they don't make it in then this game will be haunting.

Bengals had to shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly to lose this game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals have been so close in some games only to lose them in the last moment. I feel good about our chances for the playoffs. All I want is a chance and hope we pull it out. Personally, I hate to throw in the towel too early. Go Bengals!
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
First half of the season I thought we were too 5 in the league, we actually looked outstanding. But now this team has no business in the playoffs. Been a fan over 40 years and I still let this team fool me this year.
Reply/Quote
Nope

They have one win left this season

Ravens
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the losses to the Chargers and now 49ers, the Bengals have fallen to 9th in the AFC and 3rd in the division.
https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

They have 4 games remaining, all against teams pushing for the playoffs.

Next week's game at the Broncos and then home vs the Ravens are going to be huge.
Bengals likely are not beating the Chiefs.
Browns game is only important based on how the other games go before it.

Do you think they end up making the playoffs?
If so, do you think they do it as division winners or a wildcard?
If no, do you think they get at least a winning record or not?

As the resident eternal optimist, I think they still win the AFC North.  They "control their own destiny" and hold the tie breaker over the Rats right now.  The Browns game week 18 could decide it.  As much as everyone wants ZT fired (I don't), they seem to forget how the Ravens, Bills, Raiders, and steelers have looked recently.

I hated the fumbled punts.  I was cussing out Phillips something fierce.  But they rallied and were in position to win it.  Burrow was amazing.  

I think they have every bit as good a chance to win the AFC North as Cleveland or Baltimore.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 07:50 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nope

They have one win left this season

Ravens

I echo your thoughts and if Lamar is healthy, I'm not sure even a W against the Ravens is a guarantee.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I echo your thoughts and if Lamar is healthy, I'm not sure even a W against the Ravens is a guarantee.

Because Lamar was so good against us the first time? We basically gave the entire league the blue print on how to contain him.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:47 AM)bjf123 Wrote: Nope. Not making the playoffs. Won’t have a winning record. That’s when we hear the annual chorus of “Just wait until next year!”

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you rather everyone whine and complain saying boohoo the bengals will never win?

You can always go be a fan of another team.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because Lamar was so good against us the first time? We basically gave the entire league the blue print on how to contain him.

Lamar has underperformed this season and the Ravens are banged up with injuries, but it's still the second game of the season between the two teams. Eventually, one would think, the Ravens coaches figure out the zero blitz defense scheme and overcome it. Why not overcome it against the Bengals? Plus, it's Monday morning after a Bengals loss, let me have my pessimism and prediction of impending doom for Bengals football.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
I voted no. But we were never supposed to either. What is interesting is that the Browns, left for dead, will likely take the division and return to the playoffs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:14 AM)motoarch Wrote: Would you rather everyone whine and complain saying boohoo the bengals will never win?

You can always go be a fan of another team.

Or the Bengals can prove people wrong. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote