Poll: Do the Bengals Make the Playoffs?
Yes, as Division Winners!
Yes, as a Wildcard.
No, but a winning record.
No, and a losing record.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It?
(12-12-2021, 10:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the losses to the Chargers and now 49ers, the Bengals have fallen to 9th in the AFC and 3rd in the division.
https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

They have 4 games remaining, all against teams pushing for the playoffs.

Next week's game at the Broncos and then home vs the Ravens are going to be huge.
Bengals likely are not beating the Chiefs.
Browns game is only important based on how the other games go before it.

Do you think they end up making the playoffs?
If so, do you think they do it as division winners or a wildcard?
If no, do you think they get at least a winning record or not?

Ravens game is the only one left they will win. Losing record for a weak-minded losing team. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:29 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: The Bengals are the best team in their division, although the division seems more mediocre than it did a few weeks ago.

They’ll get in via the division crown.

Talent-wise. 

Inside the cranium, they're one of the weakest teams in the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Four games to go in the season and we still control our own destiny.

Raise your hand if you would have taken that to start the season.

Yes. Until you add context and explain the circumstances. Then i'd put my hand down and shake my head. 

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Those 3 wins are likely against DEN, BAL, and CLE, if it happens.
My realistic self thinks they get 2 wins between those 3 teams and finish 9-7, missing the playoffs.
I can also see them just winning 1 more (or none).

1 more win. Ravens. That's it.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Talent-wise. 

The Jets, Packers, and Bears game really stick out now along with this one. I'm just hoping it all works out for next year, being as they have been so close. IDK, it's always next year though.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. Until you add context and explain the circumstances. Then i'd put my hand down and shake my head. 

It's ok to expect more. That's what's wrong with this whole organization, even the fans.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I felt a lot more confident a couple weeks ago. I honestly thought they would win one of the past 2 games. Losing them both hurts, especially considering they were at home. 

Since starting starting 5-2, they've went 2-4 since, and blown a couple of great opportunities to move up in the standings to solidify a playoff spot by taking the division lead or have the clear advantage in the wildcard. 

They're now 3rd in the division and 4th in the wildcard. They've put themselves in a much tougher position, but there's still hope.

Winning the division is the easiest path right now, assuming they can find a way to get back on track.

Bengals
@Broncos
H Ravens
H Chiefs
@ Browns

Ravens
H Packers
@ Bengals
H Rams
H Steelers

Browns
H Raiders
@ Packers
@ Steelers
H Bengals

Steelers
H Titans
@ Chiefs
H Browns
@ Ravens

Browns likely go 3-1 down the stretch to win the division. Just another in a long line of kicks to the nuts. 

Yet something that all should have seen coming, in hindsight. 

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Browns likely go 3-1 down the stretch to win the division. Just another in a long line of kicks to the nuts. 

Yet something that all should have seen coming, in hindsight. 

Probably gonna end up like everyone else thought.. 
1 Browns
2 Ravens
3 Stealers
4 Bengals..

We will most likely double the wins from last year though.. Success!
Reply/Quote
It all comes down to the Ravens game, really.

Can't say the last 2 weeks have helped my confidence in this team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It all comes down to the Ravens game, really.

That's the only game they will win imo...
Reply/Quote
I don't feel like they're going to make it. The only thing that saves them is the fact that the division is basically shot and someone has to go to the playoffs from the North.
Reply/Quote
Imagine the steelers win the division in some way, you'll know the NFL is rigged then.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It all comes down to the Ravens game, really.

This team over the last 8 games:

2 straight blowout wins (75-28)
2 straight brutal losses (47-75)
2 straight blowout wins (73-23)
2 straight brutal losses (45-67)

[Image: fun-bipolar.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems we do much better on the road. Remember when Zac getting a road win was a thing? Hell, we're now Road Warriors.

Hell, we probably only beat the Steelers in Cincy because there were so many dumbass Steeler fans there that it seemed like a road game.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Talent-wise. 

Talent wise ??  compare to Browns

QB Bengals
RB  Browns
WR Bengals
TE Browns 
DL tie
LB Browns
CB/Safety: Bengals

So talent wize a tie
Reply/Quote
People Cry Cry about the rest of our schedule might want to look at the rest of the divisions remaining schedules.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:29 PM)Tony Wrote: Probably gonna end up like everyone else thought.. 
1 Browns
2 Ravens
3 Stealers
4 Bengals..

We will most likely double the wins from last year though.. Success!

I'd have to go search for it, but I believe my end-of-season division rankings right before the season started were:
1) Ravens
2) Browns
3) Bengals
4) Steelers

I think it ends up that way.
The Browns, just like the Bengals, have been up and down too.
However, I could see the Ravens not win the division if Jackson is out for more than one game with his ankle injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Important AFC games in week 15:

Bengals @ Broncos
Chiefs @ Chargers
Raiders @ Browns
Patriots @ Colts
Titans @ Steelers
Panthers @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens

Hopefully, it's a good week for road teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This team over the last 8 games:

2 straight blowout wins (75-28)
2 straight brutal losses (47-75)
2 straight blowout wins (73-23)
2 straight brutal losses (45-67)

[Image: fun-bipolar.gif]

Well I'm glad we started hot. Since the 5-2 start, we're 2-4.

Hopefully 2 wins are coming.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually we control our own destiny with division, we win out we have division we go 3-1 with wins over Denver or KC and beat Balt and Cleveland we have division

I know they control their own destiny, but that doesn't mean they aren't outside looking in.
Do you really believe the team is going to win 3 or 4 more games?
I don't see how one could confidently think that.
I can see hope, but not belief.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote