Poll: Do the Bengals Make the Playoffs?
Yes, as Division Winners!
Yes, as a Wildcard.
No, but a winning record.
No, and a losing record.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Now Outside Looking In for Playoffs, Do They Make It?
It's because of people like "i'm happy with where we are, we shouldn't be here!" that cause zac taylor to remain coach forever.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And we clowned the Ravens, but let me guess: You think the Ravens will beat us in the rematch. 

I'm not that stupid (especially with Lamar injured), but we can beat the Ravens and still land in 4th. Easily. Chiefs, Browns, Broncos, and we just lost to the 49res. Use your head.

Browns have a great defense and 2 RBs better than ours, game wasn't even close the first time. We have no chance against the Chiefs. Chalk the Ls. There are no superbowl contenders in our division only 1st round losses lol
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Your right I even told myself I just wanted to be in the playoff picture late in the year. But its still a disappointment at this point and I know this team needs to move on from Zac and I'm not sure how long it's gonna take them to figure it out.

Unlike many here; I don't think Zac's problem is play calling or game management. It's getting the team to focus coming into games. 

Perhaps he's too much of a player's coach and that's why folks like to play for him. You can't be "one of the boys" when you're the HC. You have to be an asshole at times. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
so we agree he should go, and he should go now. he's been friendzoned, you can't escape that shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm not that stupid (especially with Lamar injured), but we can beat the Ravens and still land in 4th. Easily. Chiefs, Browns, Broncos, and we just lost to the 49res. Use your head.

Browns have a great defense and 2 RBs better than ours, game wasn't even close the first time. We have no chance against the Chiefs. Chalk the Ls. There are no superbowl contenders in our division only 1st round losses lol

Well at least you put a qualifier on it.. 

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: They need 3 wins in the last 4 weeks.  If they stop shooting themselves in the foot they can do it.

Denver is playing good defense and has the better running game, KC is playing solid defense and offense that can be dangerous, Baltimore looks winnable especially if Lamar is out but if we lose the next 2 not sure how much fight we'll have in us. Then the Browns who killed us and will probably come in trying to run it down our throats. Not seeing much more than 1 win coming. 

I've given up hope on this team. This year anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm not that stupid (especially with Lamar injured), but we can beat the Ravens and still land in 4th. Easily. Chiefs, Browns, Broncos, and we just lost to the 49res. Use your head.

Meh. I think the Browns are worse than the game they last beat the Bengals.
On the flip side, the Ravens are better than the game they lost to the Bengals.

I think both remaining division games will be decided by single digits.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
**** no... 8-9  They will beat Baltimore and that's it. Sweep Baltimore and Pittsburgh and still finish dead last in the division..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unlike many here; I don't think Zac's problem is play calling or game management. It's getting the team to focus coming into games. 

Perhaps he's too much of a player's coach and that's why folks like to play for him. You can't be "one of the boys" when you're the HC. You have to be an asshole at times. 

I've seen good playcalling from Taylor I was even praising the play call on the Uzomah catch and run that got us to the 26. But like others have said its reading the game situation. All the momentum was with us and Burrow was shredding them. Why take the ball out of his hands?

Taylor in time might be a good a headcoach but I feel like he's learning lessons that more tenured coaches already know and on top of that he's repeating the same mistakes so he's not a quick learner.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's because of people like "i'm happy with where we are, we shouldn't be here!" that cause zac taylor to remain coach forever.

He's posting in this thread right now... It's just to oppose everyone being realistic..
Reply/Quote
I felt a lot more confident a couple weeks ago. I honestly thought they would win one of the past 2 games. Losing them both hurts, especially considering they were at home. 

Since starting starting 5-2, they've went 2-4 since, and blown a couple of great opportunities to move up in the standings to solidify a playoff spot by taking the division lead or have the clear advantage in the wildcard. 

They're now 3rd in the division and 5th in the wildcard. They've put themselves in a much tougher position, but there's still hope.

Winning the division is the easiest path right now, assuming they can find a way to get back on track.

Bengals
@Broncos
H Ravens
H Chiefs
@ Browns

Ravens
H Packers
@ Bengals
H Rams
H Steelers

Browns
H Raiders
@ Packers
@ Steelers
H Bengals

Steelers
H Titans
@ Chiefs
H Browns
@ Ravens
Reply/Quote
We will finish 5th in our division.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I felt a lot more confident a couple weeks ago. I honest thought they would win one of the past 2 games. Losing them both hurts, especially considering they were at home. 

Since starting starting 5-2, they've went 2-4 since, and blown a couple of great opportunities to move up in the standings solidify a playoff spot by taking the division lead or have the clear advantage in the wildcard. 

They're now 3rd in the division and 5th in the wildcard. They've put themselves in a much tougher position, but there's still hope.

Winning the division is the easiest path right now.

Bengals
@Broncos
H Ravens
H Chiefs
@ Browns

Ravens
H Packers
@ Bengals
H Rams
H Steelers

Browns
H Raiders
@ Packers
@ Steelers
H Bengals

Steelers
H Titans
@ Chiefs
H Browns
@ Ravens
Seems we do much better on the road. Remember when Zac getting a road win was a thing? Hell, we're now Road Warriors.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unlike many here; I don't think Zac's problem is play calling or game management. It's getting the team to focus coming into games. 

Sounds a lot like Marvin if true.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
YA Zacs playcalling was amazing in overtime, playing not to lose..
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems we do much better on the road. Remember when Zac getting a road win was a thing? Hell, we're now Road Warriors.

Yep.

3-4 at home, and losing 4 of the last 5
4-2 on the road, winning 3 of the last 4.
Reply/Quote
I don't know but they did much better than anyone outside of Cincinnati though they would.

A few more pieces and this team can roll with anyone in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep.

3-4 at home, and losing 4 of the last 5
4-2 on the road, winning 3 of the last 4.

Give him time to match the the road record with the home record. I'm sure he can accomplish that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:07 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't know but they did much better than anyone outside of Cincinnati though they would.

A few more pieces and this team can roll with anyone in the league.

Next Year!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the losses to the Chargers and now 49ers, the Bengals have fallen to 9th in the AFC and 3rd in the division.
https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

They have 4 games remaining, all against teams pushing for the playoffs.

Next week's game at the Broncos and then home vs the Ravens are going to be huge.
Bengals likely are not beating the Chiefs.
Browns game is only important based on how the other games go before it.

Do you think they end up making the playoffs?
If so, do you think they do it as division winners or a wildcard?
If no, do you think they get at least a winning record or not?

Actually we control our own destiny with division, we win out we have division we go 3-1 with wins over Denver or KC and beat Balt and Cleveland we have division
Reply/Quote