RD 1 PK 8 CAR- SOLOMON THOMAS

Now I need you to give me your favorite 1 remaining at the following positions:

RB:
WR:
OL:
DL:
LB:
DB:

Feel free to give a little reasoning behind your fav against others from that position.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The draft up to the Bengal's selection:

RD 1 PK 1 CLV- GARRETT MYLES/ DE
RD 1 PK 2 SFF- MITCHELL TRUBISKY/QB
RD 1 PK 3 CHI- JONATHAN ALLEN/DT
RD 1 PK 4 JAX- LEONARD FOURNETTE
RD 1 PK 5 TEN-MARSHON LATTIMORE/CB
RD 1 PK 6 NYJ- DESHAUN WATSON/QB
RD 1 PK 7 SDC- MALIK HOOKER/S

RB:
WR:
OL:
DL:
LB:
DB:

Feel free to give a little reasoning behind your fav against others from that position.

If it goes down this way, we would be looking at Barnett, Foster or whichever WR they like best, with OJ Howard as a dark horse.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
RB Dalvin Cook-Character concerns and poor combine showing, but great tape

WR John Ross-A true burner and great route runner

OL Cam Robinson-Powerhouse, but I still don't know where he plays.

DL Taco Charlton-One year wonder, but has all the physical traits the Bengals like.

LB Hassan Reddick-Great cover LB, great pass rusher, perfect for a team that spends so much time in nickel.

DB Jamal Adams-The type of guy that can captain the secondary for the next decade.
Reply/Quote

RB:
WR:
OL:
DL:
LB:
DB:

Rb.  Mixon.  Comparison to David Johnson.  Nuff said.  Kamara a second.
Wr.  Very close.  I've thought an Antonio brown clone that's good in the open field would be the perfect complement to aj.  Welcome John Ross.  Injury history concerns me some.  Corey Davis wins by a hair as he may be a more complete wr.
My fav ol may be Antonio Garcia.  Love his nasty streak.  9 is too high for o line.
Dl.  Barnett.  Position of need.  Best one on the board.  Impressed during his bowl game.  Curious how his pro day turns out.
Lb.  Reddick.  Physically gifted.  Probably can do more things well that other lbs in this class
Db.  Adams.  Leader on and off the field.  Playmaker 

You forgot to add te.  Howard.

Minus ol and rb, I can see the value of any of these players for us.  I would be willing to trade back a bit depending on who wants to move up
Reply/Quote
RB: Christian McCaffrey. Fits our offense well and I have always liked him more than Cook. I think Cook is a bit overrated
WR: John Ross. I'm a huge fan of Corey Davis, but we need speed badly. Ross gives up speed we've never had before.
DL: Derek Barnett. My personal favorite for the Bengals this year.
LB: Reuben Foster. I like Cunningham more, but Foster fits the mold of LB that Marvin likes.
DB: Jamal Adams. He fell farther than I expected and would be a huge play maker for us.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

RB:
WR:
OL:
DL:
LB:
DB:

The only three I would consider at 9 are Derek Barnett, John Ross, and Corey Davis.  With no trading back, those are the ones I have down.  Take the one they have the highest rating on...which, for the Bengals, who base a lot on college production, I would imagine it goes:  

1.) Barnett
2.) Davis
3.) Ross
Reply/Quote
Legitimate options at 9 in this scenario:

RB: N/A
WR: John Ross
OL: N/A
DL: Derek Barnett
LB: Reuben Foster
TE: O.J. Howard
DB: Jamal Adams

Between Taco and Barnett is the toughest call here. Both fit a large need. Taco has all the upside and size that the Bengals love, but, as the Bengals love drafting based on college production, I went with Barnett. I think I like Taco a bit more, but I understand the concerns of him being a one year wonder.
Reply/Quote
RB...Cook..big play ability
WR...Williams...prototype frame
OL...Lamp...interior pick
DL..Barnett...edge rusher
LB..Reddick...athletic
DB..deep class..none...Peppers or Melifonwu in round 2
Reply/Quote
No RB or OL I'd spend this pick on

Foster at LB
Williams at WR, think he is a true #1 WR in the making, don't know that I'd say that about the other two guys.
Barnett at DL, could be a pass rusher in year one and take over as a 3 down player next year if we cut MJ after 2017
Reply/Quote
For me this pick comes down to Barnett, Foster, Howard. Not a fan of Taco at all. Don't want a WR at #9. I think it's too high for Reddick. As much as I would love to see Foster and Burfict on the field, he kinda worries me with his character issues and his play. His game is similar to Burfict which might be a bad thing, flags, suspension etc. But I sure don't want a team in our Div to get him. OJ might be the safest pick then a DE in the 2nd, but I think I'm going to go with BARNETT then Njoku in the 2nd if he's there.
Reply/Quote
RB: Dalvin Cook
WR: Mike Williams
OL: Ryan Ramczyk
DL: Derek Barnett
LB: Reuben Foster
DB: Jamal Adams
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
RB: White Lightening - Would I be mad if we took the guy who broke Barry Sanders record for all purpose yards? No I wouldn't
WR: Mike Williams - Gives us a true 1B to AJ's 1A. Dalton likes to miss high. So he edges out Ross. Davis has the injury that turns me off. Williams is a fearless receiver going over the middle. Which is good and bad.
OL: Cam Robinson - We lost our two best offensive linemen. We are counting on a guy who failed last year at RT and ruined our season to start at LT. Andre Smith has been healthy for 16 games twice in his 8 year career. The best OL in the draft at 9 is a gift we should jump on.
DL: Derek Barnett - Consistent production. Easily an upgrade on Hunt and Gilberry. Well rounded. Would see a lot of playing time.
LB: Haason Reddick - A little bit of everything. Von Miller light.
DB: Jabril Peppers - I have gone back and forth on him. His football character is off the charts. If he is Troy Polamalu I would want him on our team. We are not exactly loaded at S.
TE: OJ Howard - Very real possibility. Front office can claim BPA draft strategy even though they draft to replace future roster needs. Eifert could be allowed to test the market (in which case we wouldn't match). Same way we took OG and Fisher to replace Whit and Andre and claimed it was BPA.
Reply/Quote
Give it until about mid-day tomorrow to pimp your guys and will put the draft pick thread up tomorrow evening and leave it through the weekend.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
RB: Mixon is a much better fit for us than Cook. He's bigger, has great vision and patience to let blocking develop, but then very decisive and quick to accelerate. He'd be a top 10 pick before Cook were it not for the incident.

WR: John Ross, because you can't teach speed. Plus, he's a good route runner for a guy that fast. Not another Mario Alford.

OL: Cam Robinson, Not worth a pick at 9, but probably the best OT in the draft.

DL: Derek Barnet, not thrilled with him, but Taco impresses me less.

LB: Hasan Reddick, for reasons cited above. I was a Foster guy early on, but Reddick gives us more of what we need. Speed.

TE: O.J. Howard, insane talent at TE. Could be better than Eifert. Actually a good blocker. Would improve our run game alot. Again, speed.

DB: Jamal Adams, Better than either of our safeties.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

RB:   Not in the 1st round
WR:  Ross
OL:   Not in the 1st round
DL:   Barnett, Thomas, McDowell....
LB:   Reddick, Foster
DB:  Adams 

Adams, Barnett, Ross, and Davis are the 4 I'm most content with at #9. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
RB...Cook
DB...Adams
LB...Foster
DE... McKinley
WR...Davis
OL... Robinson

I think Foster or Davis will be BPA.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Williams clear bpa. No de worth 9
Reply/Quote
RB - Dalvin Cook all the way, gamebreaker that can make defenders miss.
WR - John Ross, his speed is not all he has, he runs good routes and can catch the ball.
OL - Cam Robinson, done well against good competition in college. The only OL we should be looking at in the first IMO.
DL - Derek Barnett, natural pass rusher with great hands.
LB - Foster/Cunningham/Reddick, i like all these guys for us.
DB - Adams by far, this dude can do it all. Really like Hooker for his ballhawk skills and returning but he is gone obviously.
Reply/Quote

RB: Cook, although I wouldn't take any RB not named Fournette at 9
WR: John Ross, exactly what this team needs. SPEED! 
OL: Cam Robinson, but I wouldn't take any OL at 9. 
DL: Barnett, this is where I would start thinking at 9
LB: Foster, I know people like Reddick more now for some reason, but all I see when I watch Reddick is Keith Rivers JR. Coincidently, was also taken at 9. 
DB: Adams, I would hope they run up to the podium if he is still there at 9. 

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 12:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Williams clear bpa. No de worth 9

I would highly argue that Williams is BPA if this is how the board plays out. Adams should be top 5 on almost all boards. 
Reply/Quote