Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals On The Clock (Trade offers)
At #9 the Bengals are in love with no one. Adams is the best prospect on the board, but the Bengals are fairly set there and normally don't draft the position high. The top S, TE, WR, LB, and RB (arguably) and still on the Board. 2 QBs have also went earlier than expected. So if you need a QB you might want to leap frog BUF.

So propose your trade, explain the rationale, and the feasibility. I will then pick the top 2-4 create a poll and we will vote. Staying pat is also an option, explain that as well

BTW the draft to date:
RD 1 PK 1 CLV- GARRETT MYLES/ DE
RD 1 PK 2 SFF- MITCHELL TRUBISKY/QB
RD 1 PK 3 CHI- JONATHAN ALLEN/DT
RD 1 PK 4 JAX- LEONARD FOURNETTE/RB
RD 1 PK 5 TEN-MARSHON LATTIMORE/CB
RD 1 PK 6 NYJ- DESHAUN WATSON/QB
RD 1 PK 7 SDC- MALIK HOOKER/S
RD 1 PK 8 CAR- SOLOMON THOMAS/DE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The most likely trade partner I can think of in this scenario is Houston. They don't have a QB and would need to swing a deal to get in front of Cleveland. So the two likely trades would be....

Our first for Houston's first, second, and third, plus a third next year.

AJ McCarron and our 3rd, 5th comp, and 6th comp for Houston's 1st and 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 01:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: The most likely trade partner I can think of in this scenario is Houston.  They don't have a QB and would need to swing a deal to get in front of Cleveland.  So the two likely trades would be....

Our first for Houston's first, second, and third, plus a third next year.

AJ McCarron and our 3rd, 5th comp, and 6th comp for Houston's 1st and 2nd.

I agree that this makes the most sense, but the Saints have no one behind Brees, do they?

We could trade down to 11 with them, effectively swapping out our #9 for their #11, and sending them McCarron for their #42 pick in the second round. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:41 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree that this makes the most sense, but the Saints have no one behind Brees, do they?

We could trade down to 11 with them, effectively swapping out our #9 for their #11, and sending them McCarron for their #42 pick in the second round. 

I like this.
Reply/Quote
Colts have added a shitload of defensive free agents but havent addressed CB. Their new GM is obviously focused on getting the defense right.

They have picks in 1 2 3 4 4 4 5.

A couple highly graded CBs have been hurt at their pro days. And there are a lot of CB needy teams. Picking directly behind us the Bills just lost their #1 CB and between 9 and 15 quite a few teams could go CB.

So the Colts new GM hell bent on fixing the D attempts to trade up for his #2 CB. They offer 15 and 80 for 9. On the trade value chart we come up the losers. But dropping 6 slots and getting an extra pick in the middle of the 3rd is good enough for me.

Colts go up and get Marlon Humphrey. We turn pick 9 into picks 15 and 80
Reply/Quote
Under your scenario Adams is definitely the best prospect on the board and I would be ok with drafting him and then moving Shawn Williams to nickel linebacker or the 3rd safety in big nickel packages.

That being said, I would try to trade back with New Orleans (11) or Indianapolis (15), as they both need secondary help and would want Adams. With NO, you could include a 4th and pick up their 3rd round pick, or with Indy you could include a 3rd and a 4th and pick up their 2nd round pick (2nd round picks are gold!). These are based on based on PFT's draft trade value chart.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
The best WR is still on the boards and both BUF and NOS are in the market. The Browns also need a true #1. They gained Britt but lost Pryor. So they have Britt as their #3, Coleman as their burner, and they move up to take Mike Williams to be the true #1.

Browns Trade #12 and # 108 to the Bengals for #9
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
With Barrett on the board I don't see the Bengals trading down. They want a pass rusher and one is there.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: With Barrett on the board I don't see the Bengals trading down. They want a pass rusher and one is there.

True, but Barnett would be the 4th DE off the board in the first 9 picks.  Do we really think that there's 4 DE's worth Top 9 consideration?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: True, but Barnett would be the 4th DE off the board in the first 9 picks.  Do we really think that there's 4 DE's worth Top 9 consideration?

It only matters what the Bengals think of Barnett as a pass rusher from the right side and he's a 4-3 DE, so he's a good candidate.

Reply/Quote
I can see buffalo, Cleveland or Arizona offering a third to move up for a qb. It's been mentioned that Washington and Indy asked about 9 at the combine.

I hadn't considered New Orleans maybe wanting to draft a top local kid, if that matters down there. I think Adams goes at 3 anyway.

Philly makes an offer to move up for Davis or Howard
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 04:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: True, but Barnett would be the 4th DE off the board in the first 9 picks.  Do we really think that there's 4 DE's worth Top 9 consideration?

In this draft there are 5. Unusual year, for sure.
Reply/Quote
As much as I've beaten the drum for an end over the last few drafts, I'd go with the best WR in the draft. How often is a team really going to have the chance to do that? There are ends that could provide upgrades that will likely be available in 2, maybe even 3.
Reply/Quote
I don't see an obvious trade back spot at all if the draft fell like this.

#10 Buffalo has 6 picks only in this draft, they are not trading up 1 spot and giving up a pick.

#11 NO is looking at adding defense and with Foster, Adams, Barnett and a lot of people like Charlton to NO all still on the board why would they move up 2 spots?

#12 If Cle hasn't traded up by now then why would they at this point. I guess they could love Kiser or someone else but doesn't that player fall to them at this point? Sure Buffalo could take a QB but it's pretty doubtful at this point that they would.

#13 Ari has several players on the board that could help them with their needs. They could use any one of the top 3 WR's, Howard would fit for them, a DB such as Humphrey as well. Kiser could easily be there also if Cle isn't interested in securing him. There is no reason to move up 4 spots here imo.

#14 Philly could use a DB or Cook or McCaffery. They have to think at this point in the draft that Cook should still be on the board for them at this pick.

#15 The Colts need an OT, RB and defense back and all of those would be in play here. The colts in terms of value wouldn't be reaching to grab Ramzcyk, or Robinson in this spot. They actually set up well to trade back with Tennessee so they can grab the remaining WR on the board and the Colts would still likely grab whomever they are targeting at #15.

#16 Ravens and the Bengals are not doing business here.

#17 Washington needs Dline mostly and would most likely grab a guy like Charlton, McDowell here. Some have suggested this is a spot for Peppers also. It doesnt make sense for them to trade up for what is available for top of the current top of the board.

#18 Ten needs a #1 receiver but there is 3 on the board. Ross, Williams and Davis and sure they could go with the Bengals, Bills and Cardinals picks but that is kind of unlikely with two QB's falling early and pushing value down the board. Also Ten doesnt have a 2nd round pick so a trade with the Bengals would have to involve a pick from the 2018 draft to go with the 3rd they could offer.

#25 Beyond that I know some have suggested Houston trading 1st 2nd 3rd etc to Cincy to move up but that seems difficult to suggest that they would do that. They are really going to trade their entire draft to move up to take a QB with 2 already off the board in a weak QB class? I highly doubt that would be the case. I would sooner argue that it would make more sense for them to give up the #25 pick for McCarron and keep their other picks for 2 seasons of a cheap QB that could be their franchise QB. Neither of which is likely to happen.
Reply/Quote
Stay and draft Corey Davis
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 01:05 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Stay and draft Corey Davis

I won't lose my mind if it doesn't happen, but this is how I feel as well.  Totally loaded receiving corps at that point. That's what we need to go toe-to-toe with what Pittsburgh has on offense. If they could get Davis in 1 and McKinley in 2 then the draft tis a win IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 02:27 AM)samhain Wrote: I won't lose my mind if it doesn't happen, but this is how I feel as well.  Totally loaded receiving corps at that point.  That's what we need to go toe-to-toe with what Pittsburgh has on offense.   If they could get Davis in 1 and McKinley in 2 then the draft tis a win IMO.

Every time i do a mock draft on one of those sites it gets to the later rounds and it is slim pickings at every position.... other than WR. 

My problem with going WR in the first is that it is the deepest position in the draft. And with all those comp picks late rolling the dice on some really talented WRs who wont have to step in and play right away could be a good investment.

They say players take their biggest step from year one to year two. We have 3 WRs entering their 2nd year. Boyd Core and Erickson will all be better. With LaFell back I think any rookie has a hard time getting on the field in that group.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 02:55 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Every time i do a mock draft on one of those sites it gets to the later rounds and it is slim pickings at every position.... other than WR. 

My problem with going WR in the first is that it is the deepest position in the draft. And with all those comp picks late rolling the dice on some really talented WRs who wont have to step in and play right away could be a good investment.

They say players take their biggest step from year one to year two. We have 3 WRs entering their 2nd year. Boyd Core and Erickson will all be better. With LaFell back I think any rookie has a hard time getting on the field in that group.

I think Ross would get on the field immediately because of what you can do with that kind of speed.  The others, not so much.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:41 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree that this makes the most sense, but the Saints have no one behind Brees, do they?

They did spend a 2nd rounder on Grayson a couple years back.  I'm not sure what they think of him though.

I would be very surprised if a "win-now" team like the Saints would trade up for a QB.
Reply/Quote
All in all, the possibility of a trade seems very seems very unlikely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote