Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals On The Clock (Trade offers)
(03-27-2017, 02:56 PM)McC Wrote: All in all, the possibility of a trade seems very seems very unlikely.

I wouldn't be so sure.  The most likely candidate is the Cardinals.  

The Bills could very easily draft a QB as well as the Browns.  The Bengals spot is very attractive.

Also, any team that is looking to land a CB would need to jump in front of Buffalo as well after they lost Gilmore.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 02:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They did spend a 2nd rounder on Grayson a couple years back.  I'm not sure what they think of him though.

I would be very surprised if a "win-now" team like the Saints would trade up for a QB.

Yeah, I don't know about Grayson. But if Brees goes down, I know that offense would be stymied. AJ McHotWife could be the QB in waiting.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:41 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree that this makes the most sense, but the Saints have no one behind Brees, do they?

We could trade down to 11 with them, effectively swapping out our #9 for their #11, and sending them McCarron for their #42 pick in the second round. 

I like this idea Shady but.....
if our 2 new OT's can't handle their positions A.D. could go on the IR list then who's gonna play QB..?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At #9 the Bengals are in love with no one. Adams is the best prospect on the board, but the Bengals are fairly set there and normally don't draft the position high. The top S, TE, WR, LB, and RB (arguably) and still on the Board. 2 QBs have also went earlier than expected. So if you need a QB you might want to leap frog BUF.

So propose your trade, explain the rationale, and the feasibility. I will then pick the top 2-4 create a poll and we will vote. Staying pat is also an option, explain that as well

BTW the draft to date:
RD 1 PK 1 CLV- GARRETT MYLES/ DE
RD 1 PK 2 SFF- MITCHELL TRUBISKY/QB
RD 1 PK 3 CHI- JONATHAN ALLEN/DT
RD 1 PK 4 JAX- LEONARD FOURNETTE/RB
RD 1 PK 5 TEN-MARSHON LATTIMORE/CB
RD 1 PK 6 NYJ- DESHAUN WATSON/QB
RD 1 PK 7 SDC- MALIK HOOKER/S
RD 1 PK 8 CAR- SOLOMON THOMAS/DE

I hope this scenario plays out but..... don't think any QB's are picked in the top 10...
i'd like to trade McCarron & hope A.D. doesn't get hurt but if I was on the clock here i'd just make the pick at 9....take the BPA on our board...Barnette, Howard, Taco or whoever....i'd rather not pick a WR here....
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 08:38 PM)Steve Wrote: I like this idea Shady but.....
if our 2 new OT's can't handle their positions A.D. could go on the IR list then who's gonna play QB..?

Kaepernick
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 08:38 PM)Steve Wrote: I like this idea Shady but.....

I hear you. It's a gamble trading AJ. That's why they're demanding alot for their risk. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: I think Ross would get on the field immediately because of what you can do with that kind of speed.  The others, not so much.

Not surprisingly i agree with McC. We need speed at the WR position, Lafell and Boyd are not deep threats.

We only have Core, if we draft a WR in the first i hope it is John Ross.
Reply/Quote