Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
Sorry if repost: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630717-insider-buzz-bengals-ownership-growing-impatient-with-marvin-lewis
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:23 PM)WiscoFan Wrote: Sorry if repost: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630717-insider-buzz-bengals-ownership-growing-impatient-with-marvin-lewis

They're not the only ones.... 
Reply/Quote
It only took nearly 15 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Only because he messed up Mikey's Skyline order.

Not anything football related.

He went through the drive-thru... "They always F you at the drive-thru!!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
"There's a growing feeling within the organization that this team is as good as any team the Bengals have ever had and compares very favorably to the teams that went to the Super Bowl in the past and should be performing at that level"

Pretty much sums up what we've all been thinking since 2013.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: "There's a growing feeling within the organization that this team is as good as any team the Bengals have ever had and compares very favorably to the teams that went to the Super Bowl in the past and should be performing at that level"

Pretty much sums up what we've all been thinking since 2013.

The 2013 and 2015 teams were probably the best team in the playoffs outside of the Pats. 

Even with McCarron we should've beaten the Steelers at home, and we definitely should've beaten the Chargers at PBS.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We could see a HC change as early as 2017..

:o
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The 2013 and 2015 teams were probably the best team in the playoffs outside of the Pats. 

Even with McCarron we should've beaten the Steelers at home, and we definitely should've beaten the Chargers at PBS.

And honestly, it's pretty debatable that we were better than the Pats. I mean, the Bengals did beat them in 2013.

After watching the video, it sounds like the Bengals are willing to go in another direction if the Marvin Lewis led team fails again. And you can't blame them. There's been too much talent, both players and coaching, not to have some playoff success. It's mind-blowing once you look at this team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
There was a comment made at the owners meetings that kind of gave me the impressions that this could actually be it for Marvin. I forget what it was, but it was about his contract.
Reply/Quote
Can you call it impatient if they've been, ya' know..... 13 years worth of being PATIENT already? Should have been titled: Came to a realization with....
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 02:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: There was a comment made at the owners meetings that kind of gave me the impressions that this could actually be it for Marvin. I forget what it was, but it was about his contract.

Was it when Mike said something about.. "He is the HC now" and pretty much ignored the contract talks.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He went through the drive-thru... "They always F you at the drive-thru!!"

no kidding, they really do. Drive-Thrus are the worseristed ways to get your food...always go in and check your order before you leave.

On a side note, back in the late 80's, a bunch of people and I went to Traverse City, Michigan for a drug induced weekend. On the way home, we stopped at a McDonalds and they messed up just one of the orders. They were really nice and the manager gave the person who's order that was messed up a coupon for, get this, "A Meal Disguised as a Sandwich". That's what the coupon said and needless to say, it was for a free Big Mac, lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:05 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Was it when Mike said something about.. "He is the HC now" and pretty much ignored the contract talks.

Found it

"It’s a process. We seem to go through our own dance. But I commend Marvin’s achievements. He’s done remarkably well with our football team here, in recent years especially. I respect him. I like him personally. He’s going to be our coach this year. That’s in the bank. Where it goes, we’ll see how it plays out."

It was that last line that made me think, maybe it is win or bust this year.
Reply/Quote
This sounds more like some guys opinion rather than anything credible. Ill take this with a grain of salt.

Its one thing if its coming from Adam Shefter or Chris Mortenson, its another thing if its coming from this guy.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've thought this is why we have not seen Marvin granted an extension as of yet. Much of this is just rehashing old conversations, but it amazes me they have not grown "impatient" before this. 0-7 in the playoffs... you would think just through dumb luck he would have managed to win one of those. I think the organization owes him a debt of gratitude, but I also think Marvin has taken this team as far as he can.
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This statement in the article says it all unfortunately:

"As impatient as the front office is with post season success with Marvin Lewis, many feel he is still the best viable option for the teams needs and ultimate goal. Lewis will have a position here until he deems fit to move on. The impatience is largely due to knowing these past Bengal teams should have moved on further in the playoffs but haven't due to unforeseen circumstances."
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: This statement in the article says it all unfortunately:

"As impatient as the front office is with post season success with Marvin Lewis, many feel he is still the best viable option for the teams needs and ultimate goal. Lewis will have a position here until he deems fit to move on. The impatience is largely due to knowing these past Bengal teams should have moved on further in the playoffs but haven't due to unforeseen circumstances."

Not that I am doubting it at all, but which article did this come from?
Reply/Quote
There were rumors right after the season when coordinators were interviewing with other teams, that Guenther was being groomed as the next HC. At this point I'm willing to give anybody else a shot, so we can finally move on from Lewis. He's been a great turn around HC, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct or ability to perform under pressure.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 04:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There were rumors right after the season when coordinators were interviewing with other teams, that Guenther was being groomed as the next HC. At this point I'm willing to give anybody else a shot, so we can finally move on from Lewis. He's been a great turn around HC, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct or ability to perform under pressure.

I fully expect Guenther to be our next HC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote