Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Pick End of Round
(01-04-2022, 02:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Aha! Pick him in later rounds to backup Burrow. Then the two can sit in the QB room and discuss TD passing records at the collegiate level.

I mean, why not? Just as long as he's not a diva-type personality.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I mean, why not? Just as long as he's not a diva-type personality.

I have no objections to the Bengals using a later round pick to draft a QB if they think it improves the backup position and overall roster construction. Plus, as a fan it's fun to geek out about such picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah, Zappe is a product of his system (same system Mike White came from)

If he's there in the 4th, I'd be cool with Ridder, otherwise, Allen is a good backup, knows the system and hasn't crapped the bed when thrust into duty (save for the Ravens game in week 17 last year).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If Jordan Davis is an option, the hulk DT from Georgia, I don't think I would let him get by us. We have what 3 free agent DTs? Tupou, Ogunjobi, and Hill. I would love to keep the group together but I doubt it happens. Need to keep doing what worked. Load up that DL.

I thought for sure I would be seeing his name in the top 10 in these mock drafts. And I keep seeing him sliding down. Which does tend to happen with the big DTs. Georgia is having a pretty successful defensive season with him in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote:  Well, with a PO berth assured, 19-22 is the best pick we could have, if we loose in the WC round.  

I. Surely Gone- Likely Top 5 picks 
  1.  Hutchinson, DE, Michigan 
  2.  Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon 
  3.  Evan Neal, OT, Alabama 
  4.  Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU 
  5.  Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame   

II.  Probably Gone:  Often in Top 10-20 Not a position we need
  6.  Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama 
  7.  Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State 
  8.  Drake London, WR, USC 
  9.  Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State 
 10. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt 
 11. Matt Coral, QB, Ole Miss 

III.  Here's Hoping: Good fit but Likely Gone  
  12.  DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M 
  13.  Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State 
  14.  Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa 
  15.  Ikem Ekwonu, G/T, North Carolina State 
  16.  Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia 
  17.  Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah  
  18.  Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati 
  19.  Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson  

IV.  Other Talented Guys who could go High (Fine with 'em)
  20.  David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan 
  21.  George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue 
  22.  Travon Walker, DE, Georgia  

V.  Possible Late Firsts in our Wheelhouse
  23.  Kenyon Green, G/T, Texas A&M 
  24.  Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa 
  25.  Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn  
  26.  Kair Elam, CB, Florida 
  28.  Nicholas-Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State 
  29.  Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State 
  30.  Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State  

VI.  Possible Late Firsts Outside Wheelhouse  
  31.  Jordan Davis, NT/DL, Georgia 
  32.  Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State 
  33.  Malik Willis, QB, Liberty 
  34.  Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas  
  35.  Cam Thomas, DE, San Diego State  

Who I'm interested in will be determined a lot by what happens between now and draft day.
If Hopkins really does look to be finally recovered from his injury and is good enough to hold down starting C, I'm fine holding off on a C unless Linderbaum is there.
I have a hard time believing the Bengals keep Trae Waynes, but if they do, I can be ok with not going CB in Rd 1.
If Spain isn't retained, LG could be a need if the team doesn't feel confident about the options currently on the roster.
If Bates leaves in FA, safety becomes a big need.
If neither Ogunjobi nor Hill re-sign, DT becomes a big need.
RT could be a spot to try target, as the Bengals may not fill that (adequately) in FA or just get a 1-2 year stopgap.
Could be a perfect spot to take the first TE if Uzomah walks.
Bengals seem to like Rd 3 for LBs, so I doubt they go after a LB in Rd 1...unless he can rush the passer too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Jordan Davis is an option, the hulk DT from Georgia, I don't think I would let him get by us. We have what 3 free agent DTs? Tupou, Ogunjobi, and Hill. I would love to keep the group together but I doubt it happens. Need to keep doing what worked. Load up that DL.

I thought for sure I would be seeing his name in the top 10 in these mock drafts. And I keep seeing him sliding down. Which does tend to happen with the big DTs. Georgia is having a pretty successful defensive season with him in the middle.

I believe Tupou is an RFA. If that is true, then I can see the Bengals slapping the 2nd round tender on him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe Tupou is an RFA. If that is true, then I can see the Bengals slapping the 2nd round tender on him.

I doubt we burn a first on a NT type. Reader is going to get all those snaps and we drafted Shelvin last year.  Now, if he could play some DT AND rush the QB, then maybe.  But I thought he is more of a run stopper.  An I wrong? 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 10:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I doubt we burn a first on a NT type. Reader is going to get all those snaps and we drafted Shelvin last year.  Now, if he could play some DT AND rush the QB, then maybe.  But I thought he is more of a run stopper.  An I wrong? 

Well I don't see the Bengals slapping the highest tender on Tupou that's why I suggested the 2nd round tender. I doubt anyone would sign him to an offer sheet, but if someone decides to, then there's no reason to match the deal. Also, Shelvin has been inactive most of the season and played little to no snaps when he is active. If the Bengals don't feel he's ready to help out, then they need to keep Tupou while developing Shelvin some more.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
I am pleased to announce we can now pick no higher than 25th.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:11 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well I don't see the Bengals slapping the highest tender on Tupou that's why I suggested the 2nd round tender. I doubt anyone would sign him to an offer sheet, but if someone decides to, then there's no reason to match the deal. Also, Shelvin has been inactive most of the season and played little to no snaps when he is active. If the Bengals don't feel he's ready to help out, then they need to keep Tupou while developing Shelvin some more.

Tupou is an UFA next year.  He got an RFA tender in '20 and opted out, making this season his contract year.
Reply/Quote
I think OL is a no brainer. We have all the toys now lets get some dudes
Reply/Quote
Now that we are essentially drafting 24 or later, it really boils down to taking the best prospect at a lesser position (OG, LB, S, TE etc) or a lesser prospect at a more valuable position.

I honestly don't have an opinion on the draft at this point, because I really believe that drafting at that spot, you take the BPA. The Steelers made a living out of taking guys in the later 20s:

DeCastro, Heyward, Heath Miller, TJ Watt, Santonio Holmes, Alan Faneca etc.

Give me that guy. The guy that shouldn't still be on the board
Reply/Quote
Man it feels like I should be doing my Senior Bowl prep this week right?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Man it feels like I should be doing my Senior Bowl prep this week right?

It is nice to not focus on the draft right now since we have the Titans this week. After we win the Super Bowl, I look forward to seeing what you guys all post about the draft. This forum is awesome for dudes like me who really don't get to know the players until draft time since I don't watch a ton of college football.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Man it feels like I should be doing my Senior Bowl prep this week right?

It's so weird not being in full draft mode in late January.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Kiper has us taking OT Trevor Penning at #25 to play RT.

OG Kenyon Green also on board, as was DT Leal, and some of the 2nd tier CBs.

Though the step up from Northern Iowa scares me a bit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: Tupou is an UFA next year.  He got an RFA tender in '20 and opted out, making this season his contract year.

Opt out players had their contracts moved to 2021. So Tupou should be an RFA this offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 05:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's so weird not being in full draft mode in late January.

haha i know what you mean. such a nice feeling!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Trade back and with the first three picks draft Daxton Hill (since we all know Bates is gone) then get Trayvon Walker (cus we still are desperate for a pass rush) and then come back and draft Coby Bryant to play the 4th corner spot develop behind chido Apple and Hilton and eventually become a starter. I’ve seen some talk of tight end in round 1 and I laugh. Yes we need someone to get rid of sample but a tight end round 1 lol this team is so close y would u even do that in an offense that doesn’t feature the tight end while also having a great tight end when called upon. That talk needs to stop imo.
Reply/Quote
Why do people want us taking a CB in the first round? We are very good at grabbing them in FA and other means. Drafting them? Not so much. DRAFT OLINE
Reply/Quote