Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Pick End of Round
This means nada, but I thought I'd share, I did one of those mock draft simulators (4 rounds) and here is what I got:

1. #25: Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia.

All the other OL studs were gone (Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Linderbaum, Green). As was Sauce. Penning was avaiable but I went with Dean. LB has been a weakness for a while, and I thoght Dean was too good to pass up and the jump from Northern Iowa to the pros scared me a bit on Penning.

2. #58: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota.

Circled back for my RT. A short term deal for Reiff might be needed as he develops. Only been playing football for 5 years or so and started as a TE. Still, 6'8" 380 is massive.

3. #89: Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn State.

Some pass rush help. Ossai coming off injury.

4. #128: Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio State.

5. #136: Marcus Jones, CB/KR, Houston.
Reply/Quote
I would LOVE to snatch up Kenyon Green if he's still there.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Jordan Davis is an option, the hulk DT from Georgia, I don't think I would let him get by us. We have what 3 free agent DTs? Tupou, Ogunjobi, and Hill. I would love to keep the group together but I doubt it happens. Need to keep doing what worked. Load up that DL.

I thought for sure I would be seeing his name in the top 10 in these mock drafts. And I keep seeing him sliding down. Which does tend to happen with the big DTs. Georgia is having a pretty successful defensive season with him in the middle.
Agreed on this but it’s the pass rush that really worries not necessarily the interior...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:33 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I think OL is a no brainer. We have all the toys now lets get some dudes

It’s literally this simple going into the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:11 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Why do people want us taking a CB in the first round? We are very good at grabbing them in FA and other means. Drafting them? Not so much. DRAFT OLINE

I see ur point but by that philosophy why would we draft oline we can’t find an olineman to save our lives in the draft
Reply/Quote
This is one I did on TDN.

Jaquan Brisker
S,

Trey McBride
TE,

Alontae Taylor
CB,

Alec Lindstrom
IOL,

Rachaad White
RB,

Michael Woods II
WR,

Brittain Brown
RB,

Ellis Brooks
LB,

Sevyn Banks
CB,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:00 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: I see ur point but by that philosophy why would we draft oline we can’t find an olineman to save our lives in the draft

We have drafted plenty of good/great OL. 

Whit will prob end up in the HOF
Reply/Quote
Free-Agent go O-line.... Draft I want another Running back and some defensive ends
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
How free agency goes will obviously impact things. Are Bates, Spain, Apple, and our entire DT rotation except for Reader back or not?

Right now OL is the top priority. But DT, S, and CB could jump up.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:30 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: We have drafted plenty of good/great OL. 

Whit will prob end up in the HOF

Hahahahahaha Whit was 20 years ago. Care to give me anyone else worth mentioning let’s say in the last 10 years. Zietler, but of course we didn’t keep him. Maybe Boling. Although I never thought Boling was THAT good he was just a guy to me. Never scratched the surface of being a top player at his position. Never not even close. U just gave me 1. 1 out of how many swing and misses? Burrow is also getting killed now. After last years swing and miss in the second. We gotta bring in proven talent for FA we can’t play roulette in the draft for lineman anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: How free agency goes will obviously impact things. Are Bates, Spain, Apple, and our entire DT rotation except for Reader back or not?

Right now OL is the top priority. But DT, S, and CB could jump up.

Could jump up yes but supersede absolutely not imo
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:19 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Hahahahahaha Whit was 20 years ago.  Care to give me anyone else worth mentioning let’s say in the last 10 years.  Zietler, but of course we didn’t keep him.  Maybe Boling.  Although I never thought Boling was THAT good he was just a guy to me.  Never scratched the surface of being a top player at his position.  Never not even close. U just gave me 1.  1 out of how many swing and misses?  Burrow is also getting killed now.  After last years swing and miss in the second.  We gotta bring in proven talent for FA we can’t play roulette in the draft for lineman anymore.

Zeitler doesn't count cause we didn't keep him? No.... No.... Mr Superman no home. That doesn't mean we didn't draft him.

Aside from him I looked back. Billy Pryce, was a bust obviously. And the year before we took back to back busts in Fisher and Obejie. Whatever his name is. Outside of this guys we haven't really taken any. Definitely not in the first 4 or 5 rounds. Actually it was kind of depressing seeing exactly how many first round picks we have whiffed on. 

I like Jonah Williams. He has been a solid player when healthy. Health didn't start off great but that's changed. I don't have an issue with bringing in fa as well. In fact we absolutely should. And draft 2 more in the first 4 rounds. FA is great for filling some of your holes. The draft is good for others. I think we need RT/G/C to replace. Maybe RG also but I'll give Carmen another year. Even if we bring in a fa he is just likely going to be old/older. That's fine but we need guys to develop and become potential players in the team for a long time. So bring in some guys in fa and draft some guys to groom and or take over right away if they are up to it. 

Honestly. After watching the Tennessee game if anyone is really against drafting 2 olineman in the first 4 rounds I don't know what to say to you. I'm too old to waste my time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:30 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Zeitler doesn't count cause we didn't keep him? No.... No.... Mr Superman no home. That doesn't mean we didn't draft him.

Aside from him I looked back. Billy Pryce, was a bust obviously. And the year before we took back to back busts in Fisher and Obejie. Whatever his name is. Outside of this guys we haven't really taken any. Definitely not in the first 4 or 5 rounds. Actually it was kind of depressing seeing exactly how many first round picks we have whiffed on. 

I like Jonah Williams. He has been a solid player when healthy. Health didn't start off great but that's changed. I don't have an issue with bringing in fa as well. In fact we absolutely should. And draft 2 more in the first 4 rounds. FA is great for filling some of your holes. The draft is good for others. I think we need RT/G/C to replace. Maybe RG also but I'll give Carmen another year. Even if we bring in a fa he is just likely going to be old/older. That's fine but we need guys to develop and become potential players in the team for a long time. So bring in some guys in fa and draft some guys to groom and or take over right away if they are up to it. 

Honestly. After watching the Tennessee game if anyone is really against drafting 2 olineman in the first 4 rounds I don't know what to say to you. I'm too old to waste my time. 

Soooooo u said the bengals draft really good/great offensive lineman. And that clearly is not the case. It’s true that we don’t draft a lot of them which is sad in itself but when we do we swing and miss worse than Jordan. Ohh hey Michael Jordan that’s right another BUST!! Lol and Of course zietler counts but he’s bounced around and was solid at best not great by any stretch of the imagination. Jonah Williams is still a massive question mark at Left tackle and that before u start to talk about the injuries. Carman so far can’t beat out isiah prince nor adeniji who are other draft busts lmao billy price garbage. Fisher garbage ogbuehi garbage Anthony Collins garbage honestly there isn’t 1 outside of Whitworth in the last 20 years I’d bang the table for. The bengals do not do a good job drafting offensive lineman. It’s that simple no matter which way u desperately try and explain it.
Now what we can agree on is bringin in FA’s but to think we can go into the draft hoping that the bengals finally fricken hit on a offensive lineman who can come in right now and ball out and protect burrow is disrespectful to burrow and his knee. The team fails and fails time and time again. I’m only comfortable drafting guys on the offensive line if there are already studs in front of them via FA. That’s just the history of this team and how poorly they draft offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:49 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Soooooo u said the  bengals draft really good/great offensive lineman. And that clearly is not the case.  It’s true that we don’t draft a lot of them which is sad in itself but when we do we swing and miss worse than Jordan.  Ohh hey Michael Jordan that’s right another BUST!!  Lol and Of course zietler counts but he’s bounced around and was solid at best not great by any stretch of the imagination.  Jonah Williams is still a massive question mark at Left tackle and that before u start to talk about the injuries.  Carman so far can’t beat out isiah prince nor adeniji who are other draft busts lmao billy price garbage.  Fisher garbage ogbuehi garbage Anthony Collins garbage honestly there isn’t 1 outside of Whitworth in the last 20 years I’d bang the table for.  The bengals do not do a good job drafting  offensive lineman.  It’s that simple no matter which way u desperately try and explain it.
Now what we can agree on is bringin in FA’s but to think we can go into the draft hoping that the bengals finally fricken hit on a offensive lineman who can come in right now and ball out and protect burrow is disrespectful to burrow and his knee.  The team fails and fails time and time again.  I’m only comfortable drafting guys on the offensive line if there are already studs in front of them via FA.  That’s just the history of this team and how poorly they draft offensive lineman.

I'll try to work through this wall of text.  The Bengals for the most part have hit on their first and second rounders.  I'll go back to the 90s and work forward:

1.  Willie Anderson - HOF caliber
2.  Levi Jones - Pro-Bowl caliber
3.  Eric Steinbach - Pro-Bowl caliber
4.  Andrew Whitworth - HOF Caliber
5.  Andre Smith - Solid
6.  Kevin Zeltler

It's the one bad stretch that really hurt us - Billy Price in panic mode when Ragnow went off the board and Fisher and Ogbuehi.

7.  Jonah Williams - Solid

That's not a bad track record at all.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll try to work through this wall of text.  The Bengals for the most part have hit on their first and second rounders.  I'll go back to the 90s and work forward:

1.  Willie Anderson - HOF caliber
2.  Levi Jones - Pro-Bowl caliber
3.  Eric Steinbach - Pro-Bowl caliber
4.  Andrew Whitworth - HOF Caliber
5.  Andre Smith - Solid
6.  Kevin Zeltler

It's the one bad stretch that really hurt us - Billy Price in panic mode when Ragnow went off the board and Fisher and Ogbuehi.

7.  Jonah Williams - Solid

That's not a bad track record at all.  

Hahahaha I’m not even gonna acknowledge the fact that u put Andre smith and solid in the same sentence. Maybe if he was a 6th round pick...But he was every bit of a top 10 bust. I’ll let u get away with calling zietler solid but even that’s a stretch. He was ok. But I remember u saying they are very good at draft good/great offensive lineman and that to me is still stand up comedy. this forum is filled with blind homers lol
Levi Jones was never a pro bowler he may have been good, but not a pro bowler and he dates back to the 2002 draft I think. Steinbach was an alternate in the pro bowl but wasn’t until he was with the browns. So we can even see talent even when they on the team. Willie Anderson dates back to 1996 dude. Trying to make ur point u made mine. Ur trying really hard to bang the table for 4 dudes two in which we’re not pro bowlers they were good in their own right but not pro bowlers and I’ll concede Whitt as I always have and yes of course Willie. In 25 years the bengals have successfully hit on 4 drafted offensive lineman. That’s horrific to say the least. Now just stop it. The bengals are bad bad at drafting offenaive lineman and judging by ur desperate attempt they have seem to get worse and worse up to this point. Jonah Williams is not solid. I saw him get man handled on the biggest stage of his career last week. He’s been an injury hazArd and is still again a massive question mark at left tackle. Whether we pick up his 5th year option is questionable as well and that’s not cuz he’s good or great or even solid it’s cuz they don’t know yet. Now please. I get it u love our bengals we all do but just stop already. They blow at drafting offensive lineman. Find another hill to die on.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:04 AM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Hahahaha I’m not even gonna acknowledge the fact that u put Andre smith and solid in the same sentence.  Maybe if he was a 6th round pick...But he was every bit of a top 10 bust. I’ll let u get away with calling zietler solid but even that’s a stretch.  He was ok.  But I remember u saying they are very good at draft good/great offensive lineman and that to me is still stand up comedy.  this forum is filled with blind homers lol
Levi Jones was never a pro bowler he may have been good, but not a pro bowler and he dates back to the 2002 draft I think.  Steinbach was an alternate in the pro bowl but wasn’t until he was with the browns. So we can even see talent even when they on the team.   Willie Anderson dates back to 1996 dude.  Trying to make ur point u made mine.  Ur trying really hard to bang the table for 4 dudes two in which we’re not pro bowlers they were good in their own right but not pro bowlers and I’ll concede Whitt as I always have and yes of course Willie.  In 25 years the bengals have successfully hit on 4 drafted offensive lineman.  That’s horrific to say the least.  Now just stop it.  The bengals are bad bad at drafting offenaive lineman and judging by ur desperate attempt they have seem to get worse and worse up to this point.  Jonah Williams is not solid.  I saw him get man handled on the biggest stage of his career last week.  He’s been an injury hazArd and is still again a massive question mark at left tackle.  Whether we pick up his 5th year option is questionable as well and that’s not cuz he’s good or great or even solid it’s cuz they don’t know yet.  Now please.  I get it u love our bengals we all do but just stop already.  They blow at drafting offensive lineman.  Find another hill to die on.

Well, you just made my point for me.  When they draft them high, they have a pretty good success rate.

And I'm not even going to get into the Pro-Bowl discussion with you when I said Pro-Bowl caliber.  We all know that the Pro-Bowl is a populatiryt contest.  Levi and Steinbach were among the best in the league at their positions, to say they weren't makes me think you don't remember them playing.
Reply/Quote
The pick keeps getting later.

Hopefully, we will be picking 32nd for the first time ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The pick keeps getting later.

Hopefully, we will be picking 32nd for the first time ever.

As I say on another draft post, why pick 31 or 32 and still pay round 1 money ?   Why not trade back for the 1st pick in round 2, the saving in salary might be more than people think. Round 2 is not Round 1.   Same goes for trading late round 2 for top of round 3 and on through the draft.  I don't see why an owner would want pick 31 or pick 32.  Trade back for the 1st pick in round 2.  Start the 2nd day of the Draft the first team on The Board. Gives you a whole day to decide your pick. Saves you Round 1 money.  Mover from pick 31 or 32 to pick 33 to start Round 2.   I would also trade pick 63 or 64 for pick 65 to start round 3.  Basic Economics as Bengals try to resign and keep most of their Super Bowl Team Players. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:07 PM)kevin Wrote: As I say on another draft post, why pick 31 or 32 and still pay round 1 money ?   Why not trade back for the 1st pick in round 2, the saving in salary might be more than people think. Round 2 is not Round 1.   Same goes for trading late round 2 for top of round 3 and on through the draft.  I don't see why an owner would want pick 31 or pick 32.  Trade back for the 1st pick in round 2.  Start the 2nd day of the Draft the first team on The Board. Gives you a whole day to decide your pick. Saves you Round 1 money.  Mover from pick 31 or 32 to pick 33 to start Round 2.   I would also trade pick 63 or 64 for pick 65 to start round 3.  Basic Economics as Bengals try to resign and keep most of their Super Bowl Team Players. 

Money is slotted now. The difference in cap hit per year between pick 32 and pick 42 is about 1m.

In 2021 Joe Tryon was picked 32 by the Buccaneers. https://overthecap.com/player/joe-tryon/9496/ . Liam Eichenberg was picked 42 by the Dolphins https://overthecap.com/player/liam-eichenberg/9506/

Joe Tryon makes 11 million in 4 years and Liam Eichenberg makes 8 million in 4 years. This is very little especially considering Joe Tryon gets that very important 5th year option that Eichenberg doesnt.

Unless a team wants to really fork over high compensation to move up stay and pick in the first round.

Edit: Also Who Dey Kevin Bengals are going to the Superbowl!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some of the latestocks with us at #31:

1. Sporting News has us with Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2022-chiefs-giants-browns-raiders/so206rk21gr312nl01ct6ympg

2. PFF has Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-houston-texans-notre-dame-safety-kyle-hamilton-desmond-ridder-pick-9-denver-broncos

RT in Rd 1 makes a ton of sense to me. The FA OT class is either LTs who are gonna cost a ton and don't look that much better than Jonah or RTs who are gonna be more expensive than, but not much better than, Reiff.

Plus, I think there are a handful of guys in that range who are worthy of a late first/early second (Penning, Raimann, Petit-Frere, Faalele, etc).

Save the FA $$$ for our own guys first (Bates, Spain, Hill, Apple, CJ) and IOL. We could get a stud for $10 mil at C (Jensen) or OG.
Reply/Quote