Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Practice Squad announced
Reply/Quote
So I see Dielman didn't make it back... Who got him?

EDIT: never mind, I see the Rams snagged him
Reply/Quote
Says a lot about Whitfield that they kept 7 WRs and used a PS on one, especially with so many young ones in place long term.
Reply/Quote
Happy to see Wilson,Tupou and Bell. It's also nice to have Elliott just in case. It's just a matter of how long will they continue to play Bullock if he starts to struggle. Don't Nuge it up this year.
Reply/Quote
Can't complain. Elliott is where he can work on his accuracy and surprisingly Tupou made it.

I still want to see us use a DL (occasionally) of Geno, Tupou, Billings, Dunlap. Yes it has Geno coming off the edge but Billings and Tupou are 700 pounds of beef in the middle - could be interesting (remember the Rats doing this with Adams and Siragusa?).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So I see Dielman didn't make it back... Who got him?

EDIT: never mind, I see the Rams snagged him

That's unfortunate, because as i've said a few times--J.J. Dielman is a perfect offensive lineman's name, so he'll be kickin ass on someone else's line soon enough. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
still 2 open spots. one will likely go to the TE Carter when he gets cut

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Happy to see Wilson,Tupou and Bell. It's also nice to have Elliott just in case. It's just a matter of how long will they continue to play Bullock if he starts to struggle. Don't Nuge it up this year.

I think he'll have a much, much shorter leash than Nugent.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:18 PM)phil413 Wrote: Says a lot about Whitfield that they kept 7 WRs and used a PS on one, especially with so many young ones in place long term.

I thought this might happen for one reason. If something has happened like injuries to a WR, having one who probably won't add much by way of offense, but could as a returner, ready on the PS is a nice luxury.

That's a nice looking PS. I'd be fine with any of those guys, except Perkins, taking snaps replacing an injured/suspended player. I thought Perkins looked pretty bad in preseason, even going against 3rd/4th stringers. There's probably a better OL prospect available we can sign once all the dust settles.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I thought this might happen for one reason. If something has happened like injuries to a WR, having one who probably won't add much by way of offense, but could as a returner, ready on the PS is a nice luxury.

That's a nice looking PS. I'd be fine with any of those guys, except Perkins, taking snaps replacing an injured/suspended player. I thought Perkins looked pretty bad in preseason, even going against 3rd/4th stringers. There's probably a better OL prospect available we can sign once all the dust settles.

C Brian Schwenke was just cut from the Colts. Plays guard also. Signed as a free agent from the Titans he spent most of the pre season on PUP with a foot injury.  He's only 26 so might be worth looking at

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: C Brian Schwenke was just cut from the Colts. Plays guard also. Signed as a free agent from the Titans he spent most of the pre season on PUP with a foot injury.  He's only 26 so might be worth looking at

I meant for PS. I like Schwenke, but he's not getting signed to the 53. The team seems pretty content with the current line.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: C Brian Schwenke was just cut from the Colts.   Plays guard also. Signed as a free agent from the Titans he spent most of the pre season on PUP with a foot injury.  He's only 26 so might be worth looking at

I'm just bummed because they grabbed Deyshawn Bond, a former Bearcat, and he's made the Colts as the backup center. Was really hoping to see him in stripes.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: C Brian Schwenke was just cut from the Colts. Plays guard also. Signed as a free agent from the Titans he spent most of the pre season on PUP with a foot injury.  He's only 26 so might be worth looking at

He has been playing horrible. Not sure if he's just rusty from the injury or not over it yet but he's been really bad. As much as I would like another C/G I would pass on this guy.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't expecting a credible Center to get cut. Still, I would have cut Bodine and taken my chances with TJ (who in the few snaps we saw him at Center looked way better than Bodine).
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Elliott make to the PS squad
Reply/Quote
Jarveon Williams is my boy, can't wait to see him in preseason again next year
Reply/Quote
Sojourn shelton makes 9. Undersized CB from Wisconsin with a lot of college starts.
Reply/Quote
It is a very strong practice squad
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Too bad Demetrious Cox got picked up by the Panthers. I think he'd have made it over Perkins. I thought Perkins looked awful.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 05:17 PM)Shady Wrote: Too bad Demetrious Cox got picked up by the Panthers. I think he'd have made it over Perkins. I thought Perkins looked awful.

For some reason Carolina seems to always pick up player I like in the draft and FA. They got Brad Kaaya too.
Reply/Quote