Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/Ravens game time. Does anyone know....
(12-26-2022, 02:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s not what is the best match up, it’s what will get the network the better ratings. That’s why the cowboys got the Sunday night game over kc/cin

Bengals and Ravens fanbases combined are bigger than the jags and titans combined

You think Steelers Ravens is the best match up next week? Of course not. It’s just the Steelers going against their main nemesis. That’s why it got the Sunday night slot

Not sure they can or they will Flex the Ravens two times in a row as they are now Flexed to play the Steelers next Sunday night.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 03:12 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Not sure they can or they will Flex the Ravens two times in a row as they are now Flexed to play the Steelers next Sunday night.  Mellow

That rule no longer exists.
ANY  game with significant playoff implications can be flexed in the final game.
Reply/Quote
With the Bengals playing Monday night, it would be highly unlikely to play on Saturday if the game has division title significance.
The Burrow-Jackson matchup has much more appeal than Trevor-"whatever scrub plays for Tannehill" matchup. Especially if one or both teams come in with a losing record. I see Sunday night for week 18.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 11:15 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: With the Bengals playing Monday night, it would be highly unlikely to play on Saturday if the game has division title significance.
The Burrow-Jackson matchup has much more appeal than Trevor-"whatever scrub plays for Tannehill" matchup.   Especially if one or both teams come in with a losing record.   I see Sunday night for week 18.

I, for one, do not wish the Cincy/Ravens game gets flexed into Sunday night. 

The Ravens have a really good record over the years when playing on Sunday primetime (they seem to step up their game in most primetime slots); and the Bengals, while I have ultra-faith in this squad playing well anytime, they have not faired so well in primetime slots (losing on Sunday night to the Ravens just earlier this season).

Plus, my preference is on Sunday afternoons/early evenings anyway!

But, it is what it is. Whatever the time, I will be rooting hard for a Ravens beat down. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:51 PM)Bengal Billy Wrote: I, for one, do not wish the Cincy/Ravens game gets flexed into Sunday night. 

The Ravens have a really good record over the years when playing on Sunday primetime (they seem to step up their game in most primetime slots); and the Bengals, while I have ultra-faith in this squad playing well anytime, they have not faired so well in primetime slots (losing on Sunday night to the Ravens just earlier this season).

Plus, my preference is on Sunday afternoons/early evenings anyway!

But, it is what it is. Whatever the time, I will be rooting hard for a Ravens beat down. 

Are you seriously referencing the bengals struggles with primetime games when Marvin Lewis was the coach? Are you aware of the current year? You do know that the playoff games last year took place in primetime...

The Ravens are an inferior squad. If you’re worried about Baltimore due to their record in primetime games... Idk man. Stop watching maybe
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why? Both Cincy and Balt are in the playoffs. Jax/Ten will be "loser goes home". Just like last year's Vegas/Chargers game

If we defeat the Bills, 4 playoff teams' fates in round 1 will hinge on the outcome of our final game. That is why we won't hear anything until after the Monday night game. If we lose to the Bills, there is a solid chance the Bengals and Ravens face off in both week 18 and Wild Card round, with the victor in week 18 being the home team the following week. So that game by far has the most intrigue and chances to impact the post season, and thus will be the closeout game of the regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Are you seriously referencing the bengals struggles with primetime games when Marvin Lewis was the coach? Are you aware of the current year? You do know that the playoff games last year took place in primetime...

The Ravens are an inferior squad. If you’re worried about Baltimore due to their record in primetime games... Idk man. Stop watching maybe

Yes, I am aware. I attended both the Raiders and Titans games last year during the playoffs.

I know this is a different year,, but the fact remains the Ravens typically play better in primetime and the Bengals have already been beaten by them this year on Sunday night primetime.

My preference is Sunday afternoons/evenings. That's all
Reply/Quote
I think/hope the league is finally waking up to the fact that great teams draw the best ratings…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ratings matter most. That’s why cowboys colts got the flex over chiefs bengals. It’s why the Steelers are flexed into Sunday night

If I recall correctly, CBS prevented NBC from flexing Bengals/Chiefs as opposed to NBC having Cowboys/Colts are their first flex choice.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Are you seriously referencing the bengals struggles with primetime games when Marvin Lewis was the coach? Are you aware of the current year? You do know that the playoff games last year took place in primetime...

Actually, my memory (albeit I'm old Mellow) is that the Bengals received the least primetime slot in each playoff game last year until the Super Bowl. They had the first game on Saturdays and the early Sunday slot. I don't know if someone figured the Bengals wouldn't be a good draw, or would get blown out, or what was the reason. 
Reply/Quote
Got a good feeling the Sunday Night game next week will be:

Green Bay v. Detriot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 05:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: Actually, my memory (albeit I'm old Mellow) is that the Bengals received the least primetime slot in each playoff game last year until the Super Bowl. They had the first game on Saturdays and the early Sunday slot. I don't know if someone figured the Bengals wouldn't be a good draw, or would get blown out, or what was the reason. 

Outside of the Raiders game, which shouldn't have been as close as it was, we were the only games playing east coast teams so it makes sense we were the early game. Bills and Pat's probably was going to draw more interest then us vs Raiders. 

I would say the early Sunday game is far less prime time then late afternoon Saturday game. It would be pretty silly for San Fran or LA to play the early game 
Reply/Quote
Kinda hope the game is as late as possible if we want the option to rest players. Guess it depends on tonights game between Shitt/Balt. If Balt was to win tonight, do we still have a chance to win the div?
Reply/Quote
Right now on National TV NBC
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
They will have the Bills/chiefs and us all play at the same time so nobody can rest starters
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Steelers are going to win tonight, bengals tomorrow. We will play at 1p next Sunday.

SNF to be packers lions or jags titans.

At least I hope this to be the case. :)
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:41 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Steelers are going to win tonight, bengals tomorrow.  We will play at 1p next Sunday.

SNF to be packers lions or jags titans.

At least I hope this to be the case. :)

That gets my vote.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda hope the game is as late as possible if we want the option to rest players. Guess it depends on tonights game between Shitt/Balt. If Balt was to win tonight, do we still have a chance to win the div?

Yes, regardless what happens with either team this week. We beat the Ravens next week we win AFCN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sat early game Chiefs vs Raiders

Sat late game Jags vs Titans

Rest announced tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:32 AM)Helldog Wrote: Sat early game Chiefs vs Raiders

Sat late game Jags vs Titans

Rest announced tomorrow.

This is a big deal for Cincy. Win vs Buffalo and we will know if we have a shot at the top seed before we play Baltimore.  
Reply/Quote