Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Ravens predictions
I think the Ravens are going to see how much time Burrow had to throw against Jacksonville and how effective and accurate he can be if givin' the chance. I think the Ravens bring the heat with multiple blitzes Sunday to try a rattle our rookie; should be a good test for Joe and the Oline.

IMO the Ravens are currently the best team in the AFC north and we are a work in progress. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

Ravens 31
Bengals 17

Hope I'm wrong. WhoDey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals rebuild is ready for a Super Bowl Type Team like Ravens Defense and Offense. So my hope is O Line who was better with Redmond at RG, does not get Burrow killed in this one. Bengals have played everybody close, but they haven't played a team like this. I don't know if Bengals Defense or O Line has a major upset in them. A close game would be a moral victory. The main thing is a healthy Joe Burrow at days end.

My prediction is very good Ravens are too early in Bengals rebuild. However Any Given Sunday and Upsets Do Happen. GO BENGALS but I'm not sure New Dey is ready for this game just yet. If it's out a blow out, and Burrow getting hit too much, could be a game to have back-up QB ready 2nd half if lopsided score. Main thing is a healthy Burrow at days end.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:16 PM)kevin Wrote: I don't think the Bengals rebuild is ready for a Super Bowl Type Team like Ravens Defense and Offense. So my hope is O Line who was better with Redmond at RG, does not get Burrow killed in this one. Bengals have played everybody close, but they haven't played a team like this. I don't know if Bengals Defense or O Line has a major upset in them. A close game would be a moral victory. The main thing is a healthy Joe Burrow at days end.

My prediction is very good Ravens are too early in Bengals rebuild. However Any Given Sunday and Upsets Do Happen. GO BENGALS but I'm not sure New Dey is ready for this game just yet. If it's out a blow out, and Burrow getting hit too much, could be a game to have back-up QB ready 2nd half if lopsided score. Main thing is a healthy Burrow at days end.

Joe Burrow doesn’t want to be sat. I can’t think of anything that might piss him off more. Let him fight.
Reply/Quote
33 to 20 Ravens
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Joe Burrow doesn’t want to be sat. I can’t think of anything that might piss him off more. Let him fight.

If in the 4th quarter the Ravens are blowing Bengals out, and O Line has been getting Burrow killed all game, then Zac has to be smart enough to not let Burrow get injured in a 4th quarter blow out.   I hope Bengals don't get blown up by Ravens.  I hope Bengals get the upset.  However Bengals Rebuild may not be ready for a Super Bowl type team like Ravens.  Ravens could destroy Bengals Defense and O Line all game.  At that point it doesn't matter what rookie Burrow likes.  The smart move would be to pull him in a 4th quarter butt kicking and the dumb move is to let him get injured in a 4th quarter blow out.  An upset would be nice. I'm just hoping Burrow doesn't get hit like a punching bag all game by Ravens. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Ravens are averaging 30.5 points per game, take out the Chiefs game and they're averaging 34 ppg. Anyone think this defense will hold them UNDER their average? They are averaging 160.75 yards per game rushing, that's about how many the Bengals are giving up each game. Does anyone think they'll hold the Ravens below both teams rushing averages?

The Bengals are averaging 24.75 ppg. Take out the opener game and they're averaging 28.6 ppg. Looking at the stats, watching both teams play and taking into the one team we have in common (the Browns) of which they destroyed the Browns and the Bengals lost to the Browns by 5 there is no way that the Bengals win this game. What they do well (rush), the Bengals can't stop with 12 men on the field. What the Bengals do well (pass in the short game), the Raven's linebackers are going to have a field day against.

Taking all of that into consideration, the Ravens score slightly above their average 38 vs Bengals slightly below their average 17.
Reply/Quote
I'm operating under the assumption that the Ravens will score at least 30. The question becomes whether or not the Bengals offense can keep up. I wouldn't be totally shocked if they did. The Ravens defense is a bit overrated. They've had significant turnover. Peters takes a lot of risks. Humphrey s their best player, and they ask a lot of him. Patrick Queen has looked like a disaster of a first round pick, even getting benched at one point. They also don't get much pressure with a 4 man rush.

It's all about the offense. Lamar, Andrews, and Stanley were all listed as questionable.

I don't think we'll win, but I also don't think it's going to be the blowout that some are expecting.

You never know. It could be a step toward real legitimacy if things break the right way.

Still: Ravens 34-Bengals 31.
Reply/Quote
Keys to the game

When Bengals have Ball
The Ravens have been poor rushing the passer without blitzing and Joe has excelled against the Blitz this year. How Joe handles the Blitz will be key in this game.
Also Peter's and Humphrey are probably the best CB tandem in the NFL so expect the Bengals to attack the middle of the field and avoid those two guys. Sample, Mixon, and Gio are are going to have a ton of opportunities in the passing game on Sunday.
Baltimore has an elite Run Defense so for the Mixon fantasy owners don't expect a huge rushing performance from him on the ground.

When the Ravens have the Ball.
As weird as this sounds what scares me most about Jackson is his passing ability. Yeah he is a scary as a runner but when he is dialed in as a passer he is unbeatable.
1.) Pass rush discipline must stay in rush lanes and not let him out of the pocket.
2.) Cover Mark Andrews
3.)live with what he does on the ground;  He had over a 100 yards on the ground in his first game against us last season and they only scored 23 points. The other game he had only 65 yards and the Ravens scored 35(other 14 off defensive TDs).  

Betting Advise
Vegas has the Ravens as a 12.5 point favorite and 50.5 as the over under. Take the Bengals to cover the spread and take the under.

Prediction 
Ravens 24 Bengals 20
MVP- Mark Andrews 8 receptions 88 yards 2 TDs
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Ravens run for just under 300 yds. Lamar drops a couple strategic bombs and the Bengals score some garbage points. 45-17
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I just want the win. We need this for the morale of the team.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 04:28 PM)J24 Wrote: Keys to the game

When Bengals have Ball
The Ravens have been poor rushing the passer without blitzing and Joe has excelled against the Blitz this year. How Joe handles the Blitz will be key in this game.
Also Peter's and Humphrey are probably the best CB tandem in the NFL so expect the Bengals to attack the middle of the field and avoid those two guys. Sample, Mixon, and Gio are are going to have a ton of opportunities in the passing game on Sunday.
Baltimore has an elite Run Defense so for the Mixon fantasy owners don't expect a huge rushing performance from him on the ground.

When the Ravens have the Ball.
As weird as this sounds what scares me most about Jackson is his passing ability. Yeah he is a scary as a runner but when he is dialed in as a passer he is unbeatable.
1.) Pass rush discipline must stay in rush lanes and not let him out of the pocket.
2.) Cover Mark Andrews
3.)live with what he does on the ground;  He had over a 100 yards on the ground in his first game against us last season and they only scored 23 points. The other game he had only 65 yards and the Ravens scored 35(other 14 off defensive TDs).  

Betting Advise
Vegas has the Ravens as a 12.5 point favorite and 50.5 as the over under. Take the Bengals to cover the spread and take the under.

Prediction 
Ravens 24 Bengals 20
MVP- Mark Andrews 8 receptions 88 yards 2 TDs

Woah, no one should be scared of Jacksons passing abilities. Joe Burrow already has more 300+ passing yard games under his belt, and Jackson has started 29 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Woah, no one should be scared of Jacksons passing abilities. Joe Burrow already has more 300+ passing yard games under his belt, and Jackson has started 29 games.

1.) He threw for 36 TDs last season and completed 66% of his passes
2.) In the 2nd game last season against us he went 15-17 for 223 yards & 4 TDs. 
3.) He has completed 68% of his passes this season with 7TDs to 1 INT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Woah, no one should be scared of Jacksons passing abilities. Joe Burrow already has more 300+ passing yard games under his belt, and Jackson has started 29 games.

That means nothing
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 05:51 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) He threw for 36 TDs last season and completed 66% of his passes
2.) In the 2nd game last season against us he went 15-17 for 223 yards & 4 TDs. 
3.) He has completed 68% of his passes this season with 7TDs to 1 INT.

That's all based on them being able to rush the ball unbelievable well. If you can stop the run Jackson won't be able to beat you with his arm.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 05:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I just want the win. We need this for the morale of the team.

We do and I don't think it's as impossible as some say.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:07 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Ravens haven't looked like the juggernaut everyone thought they'd be. I think they break out this Sunday and run the ball down the Bengals throats.

Ravens 34
Bengals 13

This is where I am at. Even with Atkins back.
Reply/Quote
34 to 24 Ravens. I'd love an upset, but I'm just not seeing it.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 09:32 PM)EatonFan Wrote: 34 to 24 Ravens.  I'd love an upset, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'm feeling this. Ingram will run and catch screen passes at will. Joey B will move the ball a bit. In the end probably a fun game to watch, with a salty Ravens team getting the win.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 03:58 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I think the Ravens are going to see how much time Burrow had to throw against Jacksonville and how effective and accurate he can be if givin' the chance. I think the Ravens bring the heat with multiple blitzes Sunday to try a rattle our rookie; should be a good test for Joe and the Oline.  

IMO the Ravens are currently the best team in the AFC north and we are a work in progress. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

Ravens 31
Bengals 17

Hope I'm wrong. WhoDey!

Burrow will find a way to put 30 on the board.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:30 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here.

Bengals 28
Ravens 27

Burrow and company shock the world, everyone shits their pants and jumps on the bandwagon! ThumbsUp

No, really.  I don't think the Ravens are all that this year as the Chiefs game showed.  Lamar's rushing and passing yards are starting to taper off as teams are more able to figure him out as time goes on.  

I do like our chances and I think the team will use this game to show what they're made of.

This is what I’m talkin about!

Bengals shock everyone with a convincing win.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote