Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
34-21 Ravens

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know we've started relatively quickly in the last two games, but we've often been a 2nd half team, especially last season.

Baltimore, on the other hand, seems to be a first half team that falls asleep in the 2nd half for some reason.

For that reason, I think the Bengals do win 31-24, but I think we'll be down by 10+ points at some point in the game.
Reply/Quote
27-24, Bengals. I could see this game coming down to a FG at the end, given it's in Baltimore on a Sunday night.

But that same factor also makes me wonder if it gets the Bengals fired up. This team has played well under the lights. Would definitely be fun to see them lay a drubbing on Baltimore again!
Reply/Quote
Bengals 29 Ravens 23 with the Ravens stopped on their game winning drive. The Bengals D wins this game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 01:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They've lost five in a row.

not with Jackson, do you think the end of 2021 team is the normal team of the Ravens ? sure Bengals are better and we won there last year but Ravens have had a clear advantage over the years at home and with Jackson they have had a very good overall record at home.. 

This is prediction thread not a debate on home field advantage.. by the way what is your prediction ?
Reply/Quote
Red Dot !!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Mixon is gonna go off.. Over 100 yards and 3 tds.. Bengals 38 - Rats 20
Reply/Quote
Gonna stick with the predict-a-loss-and-they-win approach here. Besides, it's not that far of a stretch to see a loss against a division foe on the road, particularly this foe.

Nowhere near as cool as crows - 31
Now we have a fancy bubble! - 19
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Continuing with my trend of not predicting a winner or a score (Bengals 2-0 since I started doing this, though I probably now jinxed them, but by mentioning the jinx, maybe I unjinxed them).

Definitely our toughest opponent to date, at least in terms of offense. Our defense has been really good this season, so they will have their hands full. Things looked a little shaky against the Dolphins at times, but the defense kept them out of the end zone, so hopefully, they can do it again.

Our offense has started to show signs of life, though the running game clearly is a major issue.

I think this is the week it starts to get going - won't be where we wanted, but will be much improved - which will be crucial to winning, especially if the defense falters against Baltimore's O.

Here's to a good game and, as always,: NO INJURIES. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 11:14 AM)PhilHos Wrote: NO INJURIES. Mellow

Just keep on playin' with fire, punk. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
For the 5th game in a row I'm predicting a win. Yes
Reply/Quote
The Ravens defense isn't very good.
The Bengals offense is coming together and gelling, pretty good.
Advantage Bengals

The Bengals defense is good
The Ravens offense is good
No advantage

Bengals - 34
Ravens 24
Reply/Quote
I Predict that the Chargers QB could beat the Browns, and the Bills QB could beat the Steelers hours before this game. So The Browns could be 2-3 and the Steelers 1-4 at game time. With both Bengals and Ravens 2-2, whoever goes to 3-2 will sit on top of the AFC North Monday Morning. In case of a Tie, both Bengals and Ravens would be tied for First Place at 2-2-1.

So THIS GAME could very much be that the winner sits alone in First Place in AFC NORTH.

For decades the big game in AFC NORTH was Steelers vs Ravens. That is NOT the case now. The big game in The AFC North in 2022 looks to be AFC Champ Bengals VS Ravens.

Both have good Defenses, I don't know where this last person gets that Baltimore is weak on Defense. They have a Safety with 4 Interceptions already, and Baltimore always has THE D. The Bengals Super Bowl Defense is very good.

On Offense the Ravens have Action Jackson, and plenty of weapons. The Bengals have Joe Cool, and pass receivers but the running game has struggled.

Both have kickers who can bang them in from 50 yards away.

LAST YEAR the Bengals burned the Ravens coach who over played the run on 1st down or short yardage. The Ravens coach likes to put everybody in The Box to stuff the run when it looks like a running play, as Joe Paterno use to do all the time at Penn State. However Ohio State could beat Paterno big time on Passing over this type of Defense. The Bengals beat Ravens twice last year by Passing over the Ravens up to Stuff The Run. That is what The Bengals must do again. This may not be a good game for Mixon and Bengals RB's. However when Ravens go onto their Run Stuff Box, and they will often, The Bengals need to do as Last Year. Let Joe drop back and hit the Open Man on the Give and Go like in Basketball.

Last Year, The Ravens were all up to Stuff the Run a lot. Once Joe passed and hit Uzomah or Chase or Higgins or Boyd, they had nothing but OPEN FIELD because the Ravens had everybody up on the Line and nobody back in coverage THIS is how you Beat the Paterno Run Defense that Raves like to use putting everybody on the line to stuff the run. You Pass and make the Ravens Coach look foolish. This s also how Dan Marino and the Dolphins beat the great Bears Defense of the 1980's. The Bears put everybody up on the line also, but Marino showed you can beat that with quick passes, and Joe Burrow did that last year to Ravens. Allen of Bills just made a comeback win against Ravens with quick passes. The Ravens LOVE to over play the Run, and Passing is how you beat The Ravens.

This year it will be Hurst, not Uzomah, that could be left Wide Open against Ravens when they go into The Box to Stuff The Run as Ravens Coach loves to do.

I look for a tough game. Bills just barely came back and beat the Ravens last week, but the Bills are pretty good. I like what Bengals did last year both games. Jump out in front and make Ravens play catch up. It's not their game, they like having the lead. You go out in front on Ravens and they can't eat the clock with their ball control old Cleveland Browns type offense.

THIS will be a Good One.....GO BENGALS.

Bengals Out Coached them last year. Ravens all up to stuff the run, and they did, but Bengals burned them with Passes and nobody back to catch Bengals receivers. I loved it, Bengals flat Out Coached the Ravens last year. I do think Jackson only played in one of the losses, they are of course harder to beat when they have Jackson, but Bengals beat him also last year.

I Predict Browns and Steelers will Lose hours before this game gets started. Hey, I called it right in my thread last week that Browns, Steelers and Ravens could all lose. Chargers and Bills have the QBs to beat Browns and Steelers in the 1 PM games.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 01:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 34-21 Ravens

Hell would have to freeze over for us to only score 21 but also give up 34. We’ve given up 34 3 times in the last 2 years. Lou’s defense just doesn’t give up enough splash plays to give up so many points

Browns and Jets

And those games were ANOMALIES

We aren’t giving up 34 to anyone but Bills or Chiefs.

With all this said ima go 35-21 Bengals. It’ll be the best Burrow game so far this year and Lamar will play good but he will not be able to come back from behind which will lead to 2 INTs by Bates and Bell
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly it opened with Ravens -3. Now they are -3.5.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Ravens come out hot and score, score, score. After two 1st quarter scoring games, we revert back to our trademark slow start.
2nd half we awaken and contain Lamar. In good o' Bengal fashion and young, fresh receivers, we win it. Mixon does better this game but Zac uses Perine and Evans more.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31 Ravens 24. Anamuro's second half adjustments win this one. Burrow throws for > 300 yards plus 3 TDs.
Reply/Quote
Ravens - 35
Bengals - 31

My first prediction of a loss this season, Lamar is playing great right now and they can run the ball and with DJ being
out I could see the Ravens getting revenge on us in their place. We can't run the ball and we might not be able to stop
the run (I know the Fins didn't run all over us, but I saw some bad run D from us at times and they are not a running
team like the Ravens are).

On a positive note, I think we get better Offensively and continue to see the OL grow into a decent unit. I also see us
going on a streak after this game and I don't know if we lose another Division game. We start out 0-2 in the AFCN but
I could see us winning the rest and sweeping the Browns to get our revenge on them this season.

It is alright if we go 2-3 early on as long as we get everything together to make a midseason push and end the season
strong getting into the Playoffs. We will see.
Reply/Quote
Ravens take the lead with a Justin Tucker FG with :44 left in the game. Burrow leads the team into Ravens territory and McPherson kicks a 50+ yard game winner.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
A win there would go a long ways to winning the division.
Reply/Quote