Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Re-sign Adam Jones
(03-09-2016, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look at it this way. We just paid Leon $9 million last year.

$6.7 per for Adam is probably a relative bargain.

Actually now that I think about it, we're getting a shut-down corner for relatively cheap.

Considering Janoris Jenkins just got $12.5m a year, we got a hella steal.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently it's 3 years $20M.

A bit too much imo.

For a guy that can hang with the likes of Antonio Brown and is an explosive returner I'd say that it's a good price from the team's perspective.  The injury history, off field stuff, and age were probably enough to scare off the teams that were considering dropping a ton of dough in FA.  Seems fair to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently it's 3 years $20M.

A bit too much imo.

If you say so.

Worth every penny
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:53 PM)TGISunday Wrote: If you say so.

Worth every penny

Yes.....every cent.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Actually now that I think about it, we're getting a shut-down corner for relatively cheap.

Now you're coming around to your senses! Wink

Reply/Quote
Thank you, Adam Jones, for being loyal to the team that gave you a reset on your career.  Bengal fans everywhere are grateful.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Props to the FO. As much as I love Reggie, it was probably smarter to lock up the younger player first (Iloka). Keeping Adam Jones was almost necessary. Also, it was smart to let MLJ and Sanu walk, considering their price.

Bengals win day 1. Now find a veteran WR that can play while a rookie gets up to speed.

Man, I am so with you here, but I highly doubt we do it. I wanted to sign a vet WR so much in 2011 (2012?) to let Jones and Sanu grow, but we never did. To be fair I wanted Braylon Edwards, but it isn't exactly about who. 

I feel this will be another Hobson year of, "Mario Alford looks like Wes Welker in the slot and James Wright might even be better than AJ!" We will see how it works. Love what's happening in the secondary so far. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Great news! Glad he wanted to stay here.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:52 PM)I cant think of a username Wrote:  Yup Nelson will see what his market is, and if he doesn't get an offer he likes I'm sure we will start up negotiations again. I'm not scared either way, I think Williams will be able to step up and become a good starter. Not saying that we will not have a drop off but I think we made the right choice bringing back the younger option. I hope we see Nelson resign a reasonable contract for 1-3 years still though, I love him as a player. 

(03-09-2016, 09:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed about Reggie. Reggie is our biggest FA still out there. I'm sure they're still seeing if they can bring him back.

Yep.....I'm actually kinda optimistic it gets done.  Having three capable Safeties will be nice....with Nelson as a mentor to boot.

Reply/Quote
Aw, c'mon - can't even help a brotha out with a link to the story milksheikh? :-)
I'm the one that broke the contract number.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/09/adam-jones-resigns-with-cincinnati-bengals/81556756/

We'll talk to Jones tomorrow.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....I'm actually kinda optimistic it gets done.  Having three capable Safeties will be nice....with Nelson as a mentor to boot.

Bengals are reportedly done with Reggie.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:14 PM)MrRager Wrote: Man, I am so with you here, but I highly doubt we do it. I wanted to sign a vet WR so much in 2011 (2012?) to let Jones and Sanu grow, but we never did. To be fair I wanted Braylon Edwards, but it isn't exactly about who. 

I feel this will be another Hobson year of, "Mario Alford looks like Wes Welker in the slot and James Wright might even be better than AJ!" We will see how it works. Love what's happening in the secondary so far. 

I feel the same. The Bengals have generally avoided vet WRs since Bryant/TO back in 2010. 

That said, they have supposedly expressed interest in Andre Holmes, so hopefully that trend changes. 

Rookie WRs often struggle. Especially the ones you find in the later rounds.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Actually now that I think about it, we're getting a shut-down corner for relatively cheap.

Yes we did.

He's a top 10 cover corner who studies film, helps prepare the other players, leads on the field, yes, we gotta steal.

His bad boy image and age helped scare off a few teams, I presume

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel the same. The Bengals have generally avoided vet WRs since Bryant/TO back in 2010. 

That said, they have supposedly expressed interest in Andre Holmes, so hopefully that trend changes. 

Rookie WRs often struggle. Especially the ones you find in the later rounds.

I could live with the Bengals landing Andre Holmes.  He's not flashy, but most definitely capable, and at the least serviceable.  He had his best season, as the second option for a rookie QB, then with the Raiders drafting Amari Cooper and bringing in Michael Crabtree this past year, Holmes sort of got kicked to hind teet.

Seems like a perfect type of player to put with a veteran QB like Andy Dalton.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:21 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Aw, c'mon - can't even help a brotha out with a link to the story milksheikh? :-)
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/09/adam-jones-resigns-with-cincinnati-bengals/81556756/

Haha my bad!

I saw it on ProFootballRumors.com Big Grin (Reported by You)

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:21 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Aw, c'mon - can't even help a brotha out with a link to the story milksheikh? :-)

Jeeze Jim, haven't you ever heard the saying... "when you break a story, act like you've been there before"? Nobody likes a diva at their position.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Jim, when you talk to him, can you give him a big, big thank you from Bengals fans!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Jim, when you talk to him, can you give him a big, big thank you from Bengals fans!

Ditto.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:22 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals are reportedly done with Reggie.

It seems they offered him a two year deal....he balked....they didn't counter...that doesn't say to me done...it says " if you can beat this...take it".  If he doesn't garner outside interest, I would be willing to venture talks resume.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It seems they offered him a two year deal....he balked....they didn't counter...that doesn't say to me done...it says " if you can beat this...take it".  If he doesn't garner outside interest, I would be willing to venture talks resume.

I rather spend it on a quality linebacker/wide receiver.

I think Shawn Williams needs to start so we know what we have with him.

Reply/Quote