Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Ready To Explode and Clobber A Team
This Sunday it will be 24 days since a Bengals win.....2 losses and some strange scheduling has them stuck on 8 wins.....Just as you wouldn't want to play the Patriots or other good teams after a loss, The Bengals are about ready to explode and take a team out behind the woodshed. ....Bring on 9-2.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Where is Bengal Thing when you need him?

[Image: b730eda9-9612-4a5c-8d73-7d919773c48dthingclobber.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It happens to someone every year...I would choose putzburgh if given the option, but a nice answer pummeling a team like the Rams would be just fine, thank you.

While I am thinking of it, it would be nice for New England to get beat this week by Denver and then have everyone fall in love with Denver, and have the Bengals take them to the woodshed.

I'm not holding my breath, especially the part about the Pats losing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:25 PM)kevin Wrote: This Sunday it will be 24 days since a Bengals win.....2 losses and some strange scheduling has them stuck on 8 wins.....Just as you wouldn't want to play the Patriots or other good teams after a loss, The Bengals are about ready to explode and take a team out behind the woodshed. ....Bring on 9-2.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!
Reply/Quote
Need to win this one and Seattle to beat pitt. give us that nice cushion of 3 games with 5 to go.
Reply/Quote
I kinda wish we would have lost to the Browns so we would have been "mad enough" to beat the Cardinals. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I kinda wish we would have lost to the Browns so we would have been "mad enough" to beat the Cardinals.  Oh well.

They lost to the Texans. Lost to Hoyer/Yates.

Pretty sure any player would be "mad enough" about that.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I kinda wish we would have lost to the Browns so we would have been "mad enough" to beat the Cardinals.  Oh well.

And NFC loss doesn't bother me.   The Texans loss was just annoying.   But it is what it is....

That being said we should win out. And be favored or pick em in all games
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And NFC loss doesn't bother me.   The Texans loss was just annoying.   But it is what it is....

That being said we should win out. And be favored or pick em in all games

I equate the texans loss to being a little to comfy.... we got real cute with all those dumb formations and didnt take it as seriously as we needed to.. And they had their division in reach and were hungry. its a game we coulda and shoulda won imo but they came in starving and us full.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And NFC loss doesn't bother me.   The Texans loss was just annoying.   But it is what it is....

That being said we should win out.  And be favored or pick em in all games

But if we win out we won't be "mad enough" once the playoffs start to win the Super Bowl!!!! We can get in the playoffs as a WC team with an 8-8 record an then we will have lost 8 in a row and gone over 2 months without a win and be SO MADDD SOOOO MAAAAADDDD we will just tear through the playoffs like a PMS-ing tornado!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But if we win out we won't be "mad enough" once the playoffs start to win the Super Bowl!!!!  We can get in the playoffs as a WC team with an 8-8 record an then we will have lost 8 in a row and gone over 2 months without a win and be SO MADDD SOOOO MAAAAADDDD we will just tear through the playoffs like a PMS-ing tornado!!!!!!

[Image: untitled.bmp]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I equate the texans loss to being a little to comfy....  we got real cute with all those dumb formations and didnt take it as seriously as we needed to.. And they had their division in reach and were hungry.   its a game we coulda and shoulda won imo but they came in starving and us full.

I don't think it had anything to do with our formations.  Instead it was just one of those "perfect storms" of penalties, drops, and overall poor execution.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: untitled.bmp]

I just think this whole "mad because we lost" crap is getting a little old.  We were supposed to beat the Texans because we beat the primetime curse by beating the Browns.  Then we were supposed to beat the Cardinals because they beat the Seahawks in Seattle and we lost to the Texans at home and we were mad and they were going to be complacent for some reason.  We were also going to beat the Cardinals because Carson quit on our team and his former teammates were mad.  

Now we are SO MAD that we lost 2 in a row we are going to beat the god-awful Rams in Cincinnati while they either play a concussed crap QB they cut earlier in the year OR massively slumping Nick Foles. 

Listen up folks, we lost to the Texans because we played bad football
We lost to the Cardinals because they were the better team
We are going to beat the Rams because WE are the better team

Being mad, or winning or losing streaks or all this blah blah blah bs has nothing to do with it.  It's just a bunch of delusional fan-speak for "Well, we lost but I have to find a way to pretending losing is good, because god forbid I admit something bad happened."  I'm all for self-delusion (I am such an intelligent and handsome fellow, after all) but I'm starting to get a bit worried that people literally believe that anger levels are the primary factor in determining who wins a football game.  But I know we are going to beat the Rams and people are going to say those 2 losses were JUST what we needed to realize we weren't the best team to ever play in the NFL.  

It's a laugh.  It's such deductive, feel-good bs. It also reminds me of that one guy we all know that swears he can beat up someone who has studied martial arts for 20 years because he's all like, mad and stuff.

Bengals are on an 8 game winning streak = HOLY CRAP the Bengals are on fire!  They're gonna kill the next team they face!
Bengals are on a losing streak = HOLY CRAP the Bengals are sooooooo mad!  They're gonna kill the next team they face!

This also applies to being overly negative:

Bengals are playing a really good team = OH CRAP, they're gonna win! They're too good! It's hopeless!
Bengals are playing a really crappy team = OH CRAP, they're gonna win! They're so bad! It's a trap game!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just think this whole "mad because we lost" crap is getting a little old.  We were supposed to beat the Texans because we beat the primetime curse by beating the Browns.  Then we were supposed to beat the Cardinals because they beat the Seahawks in Seattle and we lost to the Texans at home and we were mad and they were going to be complacent for some reason.  We were also going to beat the Cardinals because Carson quit on our team and his former teammates were mad.  

Now we are SO MAD that we lost 2 in a row we are going to beat the god-awful Rams in Cincinnati while they either play a concussed crap QB they cut earlier in the year OR massively slumping Nick Foles. 

Listen up folks, we lost to the Texans because we played bad football
We lost to the Cardinals because they were the better team
We are going to beat the Rams because WE are the better team

Being mad, or winning or losing streaks or all this blah blah blah bs has nothing to do with it.  It's just a bunch of delusional fan-speak for "Well, we lost but I have to find a way to pretending losing is good, because god forbid I admit something bad happened."  I'm all for self-delusion (I am such an intelligent and handsome fellow, after all) but I'm starting to get a bit worried that people literally believe that anger levels are the primary factor in determining who wins a football game.  But I know we are going to beat the Rams and people are going to say those 2 losses were JUST what we needed to realize we weren't the best team to ever play in the NFL.  

It's a laugh.  It's such deductive, feel-good bs.  It also reminds me of that one guy we all know that swears he can beat up someone who has studied martial arts for 20 years because he's all like, mad and stuff.

Bengals are on an 8 game winning streak = HOLY CRAP the Bengals are on fire!  They're gonna kill the next team they face!
Bengals are on a losing streak = HOLY CRAP the Bengals are sooooooo mad!  They're gonna kill the next team they face!

This also applies to being overly negative:

Bengals are playing a really good team = OH CRAP, they're gonna win!  They're too good!  It's hopeless!
Bengals are playing a really crappy team = OH CRAP, they're gonna win!  They're so bad!  It's a trap game!

That's like, you're opinion man.  Tongue Seriously though, I actually agree with you on most of that. I wouldn't say players emotions play zero role though.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 02:31 AM)FuZZ Wrote: That's like, you're opinion man.  Tongue Seriously though, I actually agree with you on most of that. I wouldn't say players emotions play zero role though.

Welp, not ZERO but the Rams should be madder than us on Sunday right?  They're perpetually awful and are also the Rams for Pete's sake.
Reply/Quote
Any team with a solid running back, and a front four who can get pressure on the quarterback is dangerous. Add in Tavon Austin, and the Rams can win games.

Having said that... Gurley's production has fallen through the floor. Their right guard is a rookie. Their right tackle is a rookie who didn't practice Wednesday with injury. Their backup right tackle also did not practice Wednesday with injury. RDE Robert Quinn didn't practice with injury as well. Starting corner Trumaine Johnson also sat out yesterday.

St. Louis is a bad road team that is young and/or banged up at important spots. Unless the football Gods bless them with crazy bounces, they just shouldn't be able to hang with us.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 09:19 AM)gobobro Wrote: Any team with a solid running back, and a front four who can get pressure on the quarterback is dangerous. Add in Tavon Austin, and the Rams can win games.

Having said that... Gurley's production has fallen through the floor. Their right guard is a rookie. Their right tackle is a rookie who didn't practice Wednesday with injury. Their backup right tackle also did not practice Wednesday with injury. RDE Robert Quinn didn't practice with injury as well. Starting corner Trumaine Johnson also sat out yesterday.

St. Louis is a bad road team that is young and/or banged up at important spots. Unless the football Gods bless them with crazy bounces, they just shouldn't be able to hang with us.

St. Louis might be a bad road team but they did something our Bengals couldn't, win in Arizona!

St. Louis is not joke and has a very good defense.  We're not going to run up an down the field on them so our defense will have to play a good game and limit points.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Need to win this one and Seattle to beat pitt.  give us that nice cushion of 3 games with 5 to go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I would love a big win, but a win is a win.

Give us a win like you stated and a Steeler loss and the division is one step closer to be locked up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:00 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: St. Louis might be a bad road team but they did something our Bengals couldn't, win in Arizona!

St. Louis is not joke and has a very good defense.  We're not going to run up an down the field on them so our defense will have to play a good game and limit points.

The Rams are inordinately good at winning division games but absolute tripe outside the division.  Not saying they CAN'T beat us, but saying them beating the Seahawks, 49ers (not that they are any good this year), and Cardinals this season while losing to the DC Squad, the Bears, etc. completely fits their narrative.  The only non-division win they have is against the Browns.

The Rams win some division games, lose to teams outside of the NFC West, and injure QBs.
Reply/Quote
Just get to the Super Bowl.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote