Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Release Chris Carter
(12-16-2015, 05:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well Coaches see more value in Hunt than Carter and lets be honest.. either will be lucky to have 7 to 10 snaps on any given Sunday.  We are doing fine at the ends, Dunlap and MJ are still taking the majority of snaps when it counts.

They aren't so willing to give up on a 2nd round bust than a guy from FA is what it is
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think there might of been another player we could of released besides Carter.

We can't put Carter on the PS, we might of been able to with Uzumah though.

Hopefully the Eifert concussion is not too bad... Confused

Yeah.  I'm a bit surprised we didn't release Uzumah myself.  He's been inactive for all but one game I think.  He's the last TE on our roster and PS eligible.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 07:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fair enough.

Hunt just smells of 2nd round Ryan Whalen, except for even less productive. Just wasting a roster spot for someone who potentially could actually help the team. Like someone who can hold old washed up Heath Miller to less than 10 catches a game, or maybe return kicks.

My theory for why he is on the roster this year was in case MJ didnt return as expected. or one of the big horses got hurt. we had a lack of depth on the DL last year
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:30 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Yeah.  I'm a bit surprised we didn't release Uzumah myself.  He's been inactive for all but one game I think.  He's the last TE on our roster and PS eligible.

I'm not.  With Eifert having stinger/concussion issues, do you really want to only have 1 healthy TE on the roster?
Reply/Quote
If carter played well at linebacker he would still be on the team. They like versatility and he has none. Hunt has played LDE , a little RDE and some DT. I guess I'm an eternal optimist but I'm still hoping Hunt works out. He is a rare athlete. He plays like he is holding back and when he is in the down position he seems like he lines up a yard behind everybody else. Guys like him don't grow on trees. He is a giant who can run and is strong as an ox. He is a prototypical Bengal DE. Carter is a speed pass rusher off the edge who wasn't quit getting there. I liked Carter but his window to show on Sunday was going to be small anyway and he didn't quit get there. Hunt needs to say to him self screw it and just go for it and quit thinking so much.

Just one fans opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 12:10 PM)tigerseye Wrote: If carter played well at linebacker he would still be on the team. They like versatility and he has none. Hunt has played LDE , a little RDE and some DT. I guess I'm an eternal optimist but I'm still hoping Hunt works out. He is a rare athlete. He plays like he is holding back and when he is in the down position he seems like he lines up a yard behind everybody else. Guys like him don't grow on trees. He is a giant who can run and is strong as an ox. He is a prototypical Bengal DE. Carter is a speed pass rusher off the edge who wasn't quit getting there. I liked Carter but his window to show on Sunday was going to be small anyway and he didn't quit get there. Hunt needs to say to him self screw it and just go for it and quit thinking so much.

Just one fans opinion.

I really wish they would just use Hunt on the inside more.  I don't think he has what it takes to be successful out on the edge.  It just isn't clicking for him out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 12:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really wish they would just use Hunt on the inside more.  I don't think he has what it takes to be successful out on the edge.  It just isn't clicking for him out there.

his strenght bull rush moves would probly work better from the DT spot... plus that wing span in the middle of the QBs vision
Reply/Quote