Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Release Hart and Finley
(03-19-2021, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Probably needs it's own thread but Atkins is being released as well per Ben Baby quoting Taylor.

People won't like to hear this, but the Bengas did Atkins dirty.

He was an obvious cap casualty, and he should have been released before free agency opened.  They did him absolutely no favors by waiting this long.

A lot of teams have used up a good portion if not all of their cap room.  DT's have come off the board.  He's now entering into a buyers market with reduced spending.

I said this last week, that they shouldn't wait.  It's not fair to some of these guys if you know you're going to cut them to wait.  And as far as restructuring, I'm sure they could have figured out whether or not that was something either party was interested in well in advance.

I'm sure some will disagree with me, but I think this was inevitable and I'd be kinda pissed if I were Geno.  You don't need a specific replacement in hand and inked to know this wasn't going to work out.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:55 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'll forever be grateful to Ryan Finley for leading the Bengals to the #1 pick. No Ryan Finley = No Joe Burrow

I could have done that.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: People won't like to hear this, but the Bengas did Atkins dirty.

He was an obvious cap casualty, and he should have been released before free agency opened.  They did him absolutely no favors by waiting this long.

A lot of teams have used up a good portion if not all of their cap room.  DT's have come off the board.  He's now entering into a buyers market with reduced spending.

I said this last week, that they shouldn't wait.  It's not fair to some of these guys if you know you're going to cut them to wait.  And as far as restructuring, I'm sure they could have figured out whether or not that was something either party was interested in well in advance.

I'm sure some will disagree with me, but I think this was inevitable and I'd be kinda pissed if I were Geno.  You don't need a specific replacement in hand and inked to know this wasn't going to work out.

Either way I imagine he’s going to go to a team that is championship caliber. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in Tampa or KC.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: People won't like to hear this, but the Bengas did Atkins dirty.

I'm not sure he will actually pass a physical yet, so it may not matter that he was a later release. He had shoulder surgery after the season and usually, guys like that are later signings in FA. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: People won't like to hear this, but the Bengas did Atkins dirty.

I don't think Geno will sign anywhere until much later.  Teams will want to see how he has recovered from surgery.

We should have at least released him after we signed Ogunjobi.  But I doubt that a couple of days would have made much difference.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

A good signing in Reiff.  Cutting bait with two subpar players. I would counter with a Fred Sanford "this is the big one , Elizabeth" , but I don't know how to..Lol

Good day so far!
Reply/Quote
Good moves to cut Finley and Hart. Hope they can resign him later in the year, but not likely.

If they can get a couple more OL, I'd say this free agency was done well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: EagerGraciousGarpike-max-1mb.gif]
(03-19-2021, 01:01 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A good signing in Reiff.  Cutting bait with two subpar players. I would counter with a Fred Sanford "this is the big one , Elizabeth" , but I don't know how to..Lol

Good day so far!
Reply/Quote
Finley actually traded to Texans.
Reply/Quote
Finley traded to Texans, not released! Per twitter.
Reply/Quote
Still waiting on trade compensation. Texans don't have any 7th rounders, but have 4 6ths.
Reply/Quote
I can’t believe we got compensation for Thinley! Man dude gave us Burrow, Steelers victory, and a pick in return?? Build that man a statue!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: Never even a remotely average QB, but....always remember.

[Image: Ep2wJukUUAA2xG3.jpg]

He proved that you don't have to be the best QB in the world.... Just the best QB on that little patch of grass for about an hour.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:32 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I havent seen the $$$ details...have the been released?  If so could you share?

I been searching twitter but I havent seen anything yet. 

Haven't seen any numbers, but the team is saying he'll be playing RT.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:22 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Still waiting on trade compensation. Texans don't have any 7th rounders, but have 4 6ths.

According to report here we move up 30 spots in the 6th, doesn't mention what pick we get though
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/19/bengals-trade-ryan-finley-texans-free-agency/
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:29 PM)TJ528 Wrote: That's all on Zac Taylor IMO.  He's the one who came out and said this is my guy.  

Plus we traded up to get that dude who we all did some head scratching thinking WTF are you thinking? 

Well 2 years later and he's no longer on the team. 

This is why the Bengals are where they are.  You can't miss on as many draft picks as they have since 2015. 

Yeah, Coach Taylor is the only coach in the history of the NFL to miss on a QB draft pick. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think Geno will sign anywhere until much later.  Teams will want to see how he has recovered from surgery.

We should have at least released him after we signed Ogunjobi.  But I doubt that a couple of days would have made much difference.

He may well be re-signed here for less money.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:48 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: According to report here we move up 30 spots in the 6th, doesn't mention what pick we get though
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/19/bengals-trade-ryan-finley-texans-free-agency/

Glass half full; almost a 5th for Finely. I'll gratefully take it.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, Coach Taylor is the only coach in the history of the NFL to miss on a QB draft pick. Ninja

Yea so was Coach Shula :)  just sayin! lol
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:36 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Yea so was Coach Shula :)  just sayin! lol

The number of coaches who missed on QB's is astonishing. Brady went in the 4th round, so 32 coached missed on him 198 times. 
Reply/Quote