Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Release Hart and Finley
(03-19-2021, 11:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Well that was fast. Hopefully they at least tried to trade Hart to a Oline desperate team (KC,Oakland).

Doubt it. They don't know how to do trades properly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm a bit surprised by Finley because I thought other players would be cut before him to save some dollars. I wonder who will end up as QB3?

No one; we'll roll with 2 or draft Shane Buechele Big Grin (I can dream)

(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: Never even a remotely average QB, but....always remember.

[Image: Ep2wJukUUAA2xG3.jpg]

Still one of the funniest things from 2020 in general; while he didn't put up godly numbers, he was in a groove that night.

(03-19-2021, 11:51 AM)kalibengal Wrote: For me Finley was a long time coming...what a mistake that was was...the guy has no arm strength. As for Hart, not going to bash too much becuase he actually looked decent to almost good at times but he is not starter caliber or worth that $. now Lets lock up a guard , Spain or a another tested FA and we look good even if we pass on Sewell.

Not defending him in the slightest, but: https://www.bengals.com/video/finley-floats-over-the-shoulder-dime-to-green-on-sideline-for-30-yards

Along with the Higgins catches in Pitt and Indy, this was arguably the best deep throw of the entire year for our team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sweet! The Bobby Hart era finally comes to a close in Cinci. Good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone who can pass for at least 50% completion percentage and average at least 200 yards in a game.  Ninja

so anyone in the draft
Reply/Quote
Best news we've seen all week!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This signals to me the Bengals are not done yet.

I still think Gio and Geno either need to restructure or find a new home. The RB market is dirt cheap for starters. Gio cut saves us 4 million, we can find his replacement a lot cheaper.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We still have gaping holes at OG. I thought they might try Hart inside, but with his release I think that means we are still planning on Sewell at #5.

I would much rather do that than hold on to Hart and go WR or TE at #5. Mainly because of Reiff's age.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This signals to me the Bengals are not done yet.

I still think Gio and Geno either need to restructure or find a new home. The RB market is dirt cheap for starters. Gio cut saves us 4 million, we can find his replacement a lot cheaper.

I doubt we need a lot more cap space for signing free agents.  But we could still use money this year for extensions for Bates and/or Hubbard.

Maybe we hold onto Gio at least until training camp to make sure Mixon is 100% healthy.  Or hold onto Geno until then to see if he has any chance of returning to his old form after his shoulder surgery.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Despite all the panic... has this offseason not been pretty close to what people wanted??

I'm pretty pleased....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Happy days are here again the skies above are clear again

DancingDancingDancing
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:51 AM)kalibengal Wrote: For me Finley was a long time coming...what a mistake that was was...the guy has no arm strength. As for Hart, not going to bash too much becuase he actually looked decent to almost good at times but he is not starter caliber or worth that $. now Lets lock up a guard , Spain or a another tested FA  and we look good even if we pass on Sewell.

That's all on Zac Taylor IMO.  He's the one who came out and said this is my guy.  

Plus we traded up to get that dude who we all did some head scratching thinking WTF are you thinking? 

Well 2 years later and he's no longer on the team. 

This is why the Bengals are where they are.  You can't miss on as many draft picks as they have since 2015. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Okay color me shocked....The bengals doing something that NFL organizations do....make smart moves.   Definitely not moves i expected them to make lol 

This tells me they ponied up for Reiff and if his $$$ total is over $10 mil a year welcome your new starting LT.  They arent going to pay him over $10M per year to play RT or G

They paying him for RT.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm a bit surprised by Finley because I thought other players would be cut before him to save some dollars. I wonder who will end up as QB3?

It'll be interesting to see if they go for a veteran who may need to play a few games early in the season (but cost more) or look to sign a rookie to develop. Given the project that was finley, I'm guessing a veteran.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: They paying him for RT.....

I havent seen the $$$ details...have the been released?  If so could you share?

I been searching twitter but I havent seen anything yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Despite all the panic... has this offseason not been pretty close to what people wanted??

Not really basically all we did on offense was sign a stop gap tackle. And on defense we replaced guys we lost and it was basically a wash. If we sign Gollady it would move the needle significantly. Without Golloday I don’t think we got much better.
Reply/Quote
Probably needs it's own thread but Atkins is being released as well per Ben Baby quoting Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Probably needs it's own thread but Atkins is being released as well per Ben Baby quoting Taylor.

Damn. It’s the right move, but between him and AJ it really is the end of an era. Bittersweet for sure.

Reply/Quote
Now, what will be very interesting is to see what his market looks like.

How much time have we spent on Jungle Noise arguing about this guy? Is he terrible? Is he not that bad? Is he better than you think? Is he overpaid? Is he a decent value all things considered?

We're about to find out all of the answers to those questions when the people who are actually qualified to determine them (NFL Front Offices) set his market price.

Fwiw, a lot people had similar conversations about Dre Kirkpatrick leading up to him being cut. Some people said he wasn't overpaid. Some people said he would see a similar amount on the open market (Cough, Fred). The guy ended up signing for 1 million dollars, which was 1/10 of what we saved in releasing him (10 mil).

Will be very interesting to see where he lands, and for how much. (My guess is he gets between 3-5 million a year to be a depth player or a band-aid)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt we need a lot more cap space for signing free agents.  But we could still use money this year for extensions for Bates and/or Hubbard.

Maybe we hold onto Gio at least until training camp to make sure Mixon is 100% healthy.  Or hold onto Geno until then to see if he has any chance of returning to his old form after his shoulder surgery.

I think the cap situation in 2022 is bright. They just signed new huge TV deals. They will likely go to a 17 game schedule creating more TV and radio revenue. My point is I don't think it is a priority for team or player to extend anyone in 2021. The players know they can get bigger deals if they wait one year.

The idea of paying Geno over 9.5 million in 2021 to see if he still has it to me is an AJ Green type mistake. Ask him to take a pay cut to 6 or 7 million in 2021, if not trade or cut him. I would rather have Ertz in 2021 than Geno. A Gio cut and Geno restructure pays for Ertz.

Update, it appears Geno was released. TY Geno foe being a great Bengal, but it was time since you obviously would not restructure or may be still having injury issues.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

This is a Hall of Fame level post on this board IMO. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Other than the busload of nuns and orphans..  You can't forget about nuns and orphans.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote