Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-09-2021, 11:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: look at that nonsene

just look at it

With such articulate rebuttals like this it’s really impossible for us plebs to even try to debate you. I concede good sir.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With such articulate rebuttals like this it’s really impossible for us plebs to even try to debate you. I concede good sir.

Lmao what else is there to say?

you talk about the baseball bat scene. That's deniro's only scene of note in that entire movie. Mustve been one of the easiest paychecks in his life

and just look at it...

[attachment=1223]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hate most movies, yes.

How do you feel about Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise?
Reply/Quote
Is their a such thing as a bad Robert De'Niro scene?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Is their a such thing as a bad Robert De'Niro scene?

Im sure he has a lot of bad scenes in his modern movies like Bad Grandpa
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How do you feel about Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise?

never seen it. 

I dont hate goofy comedies though
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How do you feel about Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise?

One of the first comedies I have ever seen lol. Porkys and Nerds.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao what else is there to say?

you talk about the baseball bat scene. That's deniro's only scene of note in that entire movie. Mustve been one of the easiest paychecks in his life

and just look at it...

Who cares if it was only one scene? Was it a good one? Was it memorable? Besides Stephen Graham on Boardwalk Empire it’s probably my favorite depiction of Capone.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Is their a such thing as a bad Robert De'Niro scene?

Unfortunately yes. The scene he kicks the shop owner in The Irishman. Scorsese is my favorite director of all time, but I don’t know what the hell he was thinking with that one lol. It was really the only time De Niro’s age took me out of the movie. I thought the de-aging worked pretty well the rest of the time.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 12:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who cares if it was only one scene? 

well a movie is usually 1 hour and 30 minutes

so 1 good scene is pretty god awful

and just look at it....
[attachment=1224]
Reply/Quote
24th seems appropriate going on the past 2 years, the large number of new players and unknown players on this team. Health and having time to gel together as a team without scrambling to replace starters with a weak depth chart and we can certainly be a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:46 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Green was coming off back to back seasons of injury and people were down on him for it after multiple seasons of not being hurt. Remember when Geno got hurt, came back looked terrible and then year two after injury looked great again?

vs

Jonah misses the entire rookie season with an injury from around the draft, and then misses a good portion of year two.

Nico said, why rush back in a lost season. And to that, my reply was there is no such thing as a lost season for a guy who has less reps in the NFL then guys drafted a year after him. 

Green got hammered for taking plays off and not trying in the "lost season" after being reliable for year after year. His first seven years, he missed 9 games. 9 games in seven years!!! Meanwhile the future stud LT that is going to be the answer to the line and why we didn't need a tackle in the draft shouldn't rush back in a "lost season" even though he doesn't have enough reps to know if he is even any good.

That is my issue with the statement. If you dog Green, your dogged Ross, came down on Eifert, then you better be flinging it at Williams too. The guy needs pro reps and certainly could have gotten some his rookie year but "the team shut him down". Which with the Cordy Glenn nightmare that season, you really think the team was like nope, we don't need him to get out there and get some experience? I don't believe that for a second, that literal looks like team speak to cover for a guy who wasn't ready to go out there. 

All in all, just keep this number in mind 22.

Williams has already missed 22 games in just two seasons as a professional offensive tackle. That’s not a great sign.

It is fair and true, but I won't enter the "should have played vs. been shut down" debate as I don't have the facts nor do I think it is a factor as to whether or not he will be injured continually and be labeled a bust. 

This year is the perfect storm for Jonah:  It is his contract year, and the team has loaded up on offense so it will be on him to perform all season or possibly not earn the contract he desires.  I have a lot of faith in the guy and hope the early injuries can be a thing of the past.  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and you cant write proper english

*can't"

*English*

LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is fair and true, but I won't enter the "should have played vs. been shut down" debate as I don't have the facts nor do I think it is a factor as to whether or not he will be injured continually and be labeled a bust. 

This year is the perfect storm for Jonah:  It is his contract year, and the team has loaded up on offense so it will be on him to perform all season or possibly not earn the contract he desires.  I have a lot of faith in the guy and hope the early injuries can be a thing of the past.  

?

He's under contract for 2022 as well. This year will decide if they exercise his 5th year option, though, as that decision has to be made early May 2022.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you dont judge actors and movies by the box office success. That's just silly. 

Not as silly as judging them basedon your tastes.

You lost all credibility when you claimed Bull Durham and The Insider were bad movies.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 11:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ?

He's under contract for 2022 as well. This year will decide if they exercise his 5th year option, though, as that decision has to be made early May 2022.

Since the decision on 2023 is due before the 2022 season I can see why he said this was a "contract year" for Jonah.  His play this year will determine his contract for 2023. 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is fair and true, but I won't enter the "should have played vs. been shut down" debate as I don't have the facts nor do I think it is a factor as to whether or not he will be injured continually and be labeled a bust. 

You are correct that this is the year that will make or break his career in Cincinnati. 

I'm sure there are players who have over-come this type of start to a career, but none really come to mind, and unfortunately I'd have to believe the numbers of success stories is kind of low.

I'm not rooting against him. I hope he plays all 16 games and makes all this debate pointless but right now I'm just going off Bengals' history and the possibility of another 1st rounder not working out. It sucks.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 11:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ?

That's what I meant...if he misses a bunch of games, they may not pick up his option.  It is essentially a make or break year for him.  
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 11:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You are correct that this is the year that will make or break his career in Cincinnati. 

I'm sure there are players who have over-come this type of start to a career, but none really come to mind, and unfortunately I'd have to believe the numbers of success stories is kind of low.

I'm not rooting against him. I hope he plays all 16 games and makes all this debate pointless but right now I'm just going off Bengals' history and the possibility of another 1st rounder not working out. It sucks.

No, I don't think anyone on here roots against anyone on this team.  Not at all.  I thought Eric Fisher had a pretty slow start to his career, but can't remember if that was injury related.

DeCastro lost his rookie year to an ACL.  I remember thinking that the Bengals finally got a good one (Zeitler) and the steelers got the bad luck.  He obviously became a solid player, though.  

For some reason, I don't worry about Jonah.  I spend much more time worrying how this defense will come together.  Love the additions and the focus on pass rush, but three new starting CBs?   Can't remember the last time we saw that here.  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 04:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's a 53 man roster, plus numerous practice squad guys and I see you've managed to come up with 5 guys you feel have improved their play. That's less than 10% of the roster. Nothing against those guys either, they're all good young players who have managed to improve while the bulk of the roster has not, as witnessed by the teams decline in the win column.

How about counting the guys who played worse after Taylor and his pals arrived? There is the other side of the coin to consider and count. The declining team record shows this. Even Jon Ross, as bad as he was under Marvin, found ways to get even worse under Taylor, a coach many people thought would actually be a help to Ross.

How about the disfunction of the defensive scheme? How does this Lou character even have a job in the NFL?

How about the fixation on the 11 personnel formation on offense? Where's this offensive genius we were promised?

A decent coaching staff would have gotten more out of this roster. For that I am certain. I'd think that would be rather plain and obvious to even the most casual fan.

You claimed you can't see how this coaching can improve their play. I've given you examples of players who have improved their play. Carl Lawson also improved his play and earnt a big pay day out of it.

But how many have moved on and experienced success elsewhere?

Look at someone like Tyler Eifert for example. His PFF grade was down from 2018 (Lewis' last season) to 2019 (Taylor's first season), but then when he left the Bengals in 2020 it dropped again.

Darqueeze Dennard's PFF grade went up in 2019 but then down when he moved on in 2020.

Dre Kirkpatrick's PFF grade went up in 2019 but then down when he moved on in 2020.

Dunlap is the only one I can think of who has moved elsewhere and seems to be prospering but even that's in a reduced role.

If it is down to coaching where are the players who are leaving the Bengals and going onto bigger success? Dalton's only a back-up, Ross is a training camp flier who can be easily cut, Geno is unsigned, AJ Green got a contract he would have flat out rejected had the Bengals offered it a year ago. I've named 3 first round picks who went elsewhere and their PFF grades dipped. Where's the evidence it is the coaching and not the players?
Reply/Quote