Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Seeking Taylor Mays Reunion
(03-16-2016, 10:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: DingDing

Mays > Lamur

And he really wasn't that bad when they threw him in there in the "monster" role.  

Mays is not better than Lamur. Lamur was an upgrade. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Mays is not better than Lamur. Lamur was an upgrade. 

And still wasn't that good.

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:52 PM)Stormborn Wrote: And still wasn't that good.

Whatever

You can only dig so high up from the scrap heap using scraps 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Getting there. 
Just gotta get you excited for the guy we sign at WR who is probably terrible. 

Why wait until we sign someone when you can start the crying now?

If you hadn't started whining about losing Iloka before anything happened you would never have missed out on a lot of crying.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why wait until we sign someone when you can start the crying now?

If you hadn't started whining about losing Iloka before anything happened you would never have missed out on a lot of crying.

Still gonna run with that out of context bit?

Go figure. No high road for the great Bengals defender. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Those are the guys easiest to improve. 

No they are not.  

There is a small pool of good players.  Then there is a very very large pool of average players.  

In other words there is a big difference between the #1 DT and the #25 DT, but there isn't much difference between the #75 DT and the #100 DT.  There are not a lot of unemployed upgrades to these bottom of the roster players.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Still gonna run with that out of context bit?

Go figure. No high road for the great Bengals defender. 

Okay, forget about the Iloka comment.  

Go back to bitching about the WR we have not signed yet.  Sorry I interrupted you.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they are not.  

There is a small pool of good players.  Then there is a very very large pool of average players.  

In other words there is a big difference between the #1 DT and the #25 DT, but there isn't much difference between the #75 DT and the #100 DT.  There are not a lot of unemployed upgrades to these bottom of the roster players.

Right now there are. 
Well, a few weeks ago there were at least.

Coples isn't better than Hunt or Clarke?
Chris Long?
Bjoern Werner? 

Are they good? No, but the are better than the barely-if-at-all NFL level talent we hoard 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, forget about the Iloka comment.  

Go back to bitching about the WR we have not signed yet.  Sorry I interrupted you.

Look fake lawyer guy,  don't get pissy if you use something out of context and get called on it. 

Accept that you took it out of context and move on, instead you keep bringing it up. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Look fake lawyer guy,  don't get pissy if you use something out of context and get called on it. 

Accept that you took it out of context and move on, instead you keep bringing it up. 

What is with this "fake lawyer" BS?  What are you, a middle schooler?  That is how you respond to getting criticized?  That is pathetic.

My name is Jim Deaton and you can watch me practice almost any day of the week in the Blount County criminal courts.

And I took nothing out of context.  Instead of arguing I will just post a link to the thread...http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Wtf?highlight=context  You were crying about losing Iloka before we re-signed him.  Just like you are crying now about a WR we have not even signed yet.  It is pretty much all you do.
Reply/Quote
Well they were looking for a new member for the band, but after losing a vet ST player/emergency S (Trawick) Mays fits that role. It's really not a huge deal, he may even get cut. I assumed they'd try to land a 3rd safety type though, but that must mean they like Smith in that role no matter his stature. A lot of these signings are just insurance, I think the reason some fans get miffed is they figure a guy that was drafted should have given you a reason NOT to bring back a guy they let walk. Then again, in this case they may have whiffed on Sands, but they struck gold on Iloka.
Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight...we won't try and get Reggie back but we will bring this mediocre player back ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:44 AM)Trademark Wrote: So let me get this straight...we won't try and get Reggie back but we will bring this mediocre player back ?

So let me get this straight.

You want us to go into training camp with just 4 DTs on the roster?

Resigning Sims is a move that pretty much every team in the league would make.  Only on Bengal land is it seen as a failure.
Reply/Quote
Whoops looks like i was wrong this signing is to replace Emmanual Lamur... for SAM linebacker... But we know he can be an emergency Saftey as well..
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:02 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Freakish athlete that never found his place in the NFL

we know..
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Right now there are. 
Well, a few weeks ago there were at least.

Coples isn't better than Hunt or Clarke?
Chris Long?
Bjoern Werner? 

Are they good? No, but the are better than the barely-if-at-all NFL level talent we hoard 

Coples is not worth almost $5 million a year to be a back up for us.

Werner is a 3-4 OLB who doesn't fit our scheme and stunk so bad that Indy Cut him despite the fact he would only make $2.5 million.

Long might be worth a flyer, but he has struggled with injury the last couple of years.  

Just because you have heard a players name before that does not mean he is a good fit for what we need.

The sad part is that Gilberry had just as good of a year as Long except Gilberry is healthy.  Yet if we re-sign Gilberry people will cry about it and start blaming our playoff losses on him.
Reply/Quote
My hope is that if Taylor Mays is brought back, it's only for insurance in case the Bengals can't find a better option in the draft based on their board and if a player is selected way too early compared to said board.

However, my gut says that if they bring back Taylor Mays, they will then forego a nickel LB in the draft because they think they found their guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is with this "fake lawyer" BS?  What are you, a middle schooler?  That is how you respond to getting criticized?  That is pathetic.

My name is Jim Deaton and you can watch me practice almost any day of the week in the Blount County criminal courts.

And I took nothing out of context.  Instead of arguing I will just post a link to the thread...http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Wtf?highlight=context  You were crying about losing Iloka before we re-signed him.  Just like you are crying now about a WR we have not even signed yet.  It is pretty much all you do.

fake lawyer Jim, its ironic seeing you crying about others crying
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:58 AM)Element Wrote: fake lawyer Jim, its ironic seeing you crying about others crying

No one cares what you think, Joe, but here is why your logic fails.

I am making fun of people crying over nothing.  The only way there would be any irony in this would be if no one was crying and I was still trying to make fun of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My hope is that if Taylor Mays is brought back, it's only for insurance in case the Bengals can't find a better option in the draft based on their board and if a player is selected way too early compared to said board.

However, my gut says that if they bring back Taylor Mays, they will then forego a nickel LB in the draft because they think they found their guy.

Dawson might see more reps this season as well hes suppose to be good in coverage.
Reply/Quote