Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Seeking Taylor Mays Reunion
(03-17-2016, 12:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is with this "fake lawyer" BS?  What are you, a middle schooler?  That is how you respond to getting criticized?  That is pathetic.

My name is Jim Deaton and you can watch me practice almost any day of the week in the Blount County criminal courts.

And I took nothing out of context.  Instead of arguing I will just post a link to the thread...http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Wtf?highlight=context  You were crying about losing Iloka before we re-signed him.  Just like you are crying now about a WR we have not even signed yet.  It is pretty much all you do.

So you don't like it when people make shit up about you, funny because you've done it before to me. 

And again how dense are you? Read what that was in reply to.
It was in reply to the notion that the Bengals have such a talented roster losing those players wouldn't be that big of a deal. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: PMy hope is that if Taylor Mays is brought back, it's only for insurance in case the Bengals can't find a better option in the draft based on their board and if a player is selected way too early compared to said board.

However, my gut says that if they bring back Taylor Mays, they will then forego a nickel LB in the draft because they think they found their guy.

I think that this move is to ensure that if they can't find a nickel lb that they like in the draft that they don't have to panic and pick a scrub or start someone who has no idea what's going on. Mays is a good depth/special teams guy. I don't understand all of the negativity that pops up when they look into signing backups. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So you don't like it when people make shit up about you,

It didn't bother me because it was clearly a lie.

I just thought it was a pretty childish way for you to try and make a point.  And it frustrates me to have to deal with this kind of stuff when I am trying to discuss football.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one cares what you think, Joe, but here is why your logic fails.

I am making fun of people crying over nothing.  The only way there would be any irony in this would be if no one was crying and I was still trying to make fun of them.

Fake lawyer Jim, remember when you lost a bet to leave the bengals board but couldnt hold on to it because you cant leave the site for more then 5 mins?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:46 PM)Element Wrote: Fake lawyer Jim, remember when you lost a bet to leave the bengals board but couldnt hold on to it because you cant leave the site for more then 5 mins?

No.  I don't remember that.  But at least i am able to use my real name around here.

Do you remember anytime you have responded to one of my posts here and said anything about football?

Neither do I.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It didn't bother me because it was clearly a lie.

I just thought it was a pretty childish way for you to try and make a point.  And it frustrates me to have to deal with this kind of stuff when I am trying to discuss football.

Ha! 
You have always found ways to derail when you are losing football discussions. 
Such as, taking things out of context to try and prove your usually bad point. 
Reply/Quote
Taylor Mays is slowly destroying this message board
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
From 2013

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/15/5807656/top-ten-potential-breakout-players-of-2014-linebacker-safety-taylor

the Bengals' staff adopted some of the concepts for Mays from a few of the Steelers' packages that they have with Troy Polamalu. For half of the regular season, this "rover" position worked relatively well and we saw a comfort level in Mays that wasn't recognizable the previous three years. He only had 19 total tackles on the year and wasn't spectacular in any way, but it was the most steady football we had seen out of him. An unfortunate shoulder injury disallowed Mays to continue to grow into the role the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From 2013

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/15/5807656/top-ten-potential-breakout-players-of-2014-linebacker-safety-taylor

the Bengals' staff adopted some of the concepts for Mays from a few of the Steelers' packages that they have with Troy Polamalu. For half of the regular season, this "rover" position worked relatively well and we saw a comfort level in Mays that wasn't recognizable the previous three years. He only had 19 total tackles on the year and wasn't spectacular in any way, but it was the most steady football we had seen out of him. An unfortunate shoulder injury disallowed Mays to continue to grow into the role the rest of the season.

Defend! Defend! Defend!

19 tackles! Wooo! 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Defend! Defend! Defend!

19 tackles! Wooo! 

Excuse me for actually try to find something to back up my opinions instead of just saying "It is true because I say so".

A concept that is clearly beyond your understanding.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Defend! Defend! Defend!

19 tackles! Wooo! 

Says the guy who was crying because we did not sign Bjoern Werner who had 10 tackles and zero sacks last year (in more games than Mays played in '13)
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except neither of our back up DTs from just two years ago (Thompson, Still) will be on the roster come training camp.

If we started turning over 15 positions every year you guys would also claim we needed a new head coach because there was no "consistency like on all the good teams".  

Understand your point and I believe it's valid. However, Thompson is injured and Still was a bust as a 2nd round pick.

Hunt and Clarke will be the next two to depart and I'll be happy as hell when they are replaced.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They made it official.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They made it official.

Took awhile.

Depth for the nickel linebacker spot is all.

Hope we draft a guy like Su'a Cravens or Killebrew and let Mays go come regular season.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Took awhile.

Depth for the nickel linebacker spot is all.

Hope we draft a guy like Su'a Cravens or Killebrew and let Mays go come regular season.

yeah theres nothing not to like with this signing. Its a free extra player for the first 4 weeks. And if at that point they need him they will activate him to the roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah theres nothing not to like with this signing.  Its a free extra player for the first 4 weeks.  And if at that point they need him they will activate him to the roster.

Lots of fans don't like it though.

Lot of Mays haters out there.

Like the Tater haters i think both guys get a little more flack then they deserve.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 01:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of fans don't like it though.

Lot of Mays haters out there.

Like the Tater haters i think both guys get a little more flack then they deserve.

They get a lot of flak because they're nothing special and yet they continue to stick around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 04:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They get a lot of flak because they're nothing special and yet they continue to stick around.

they wouldnt be around if people took their jobs.

Not everyone on the roster is gonna be special type of player. You need the jobbers too.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they wouldnt be around if people took their jobs.

Not everyone on the roster is gonna be special type of player.  You need the jobbers too.

Exactly.  

There aren't a lot of NFL quality players on the streets without a job.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 04:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They get a lot of flak because they're nothing special and yet they continue to stick around.

Mays has always been an athletic freak and i think because he has not impressed as a football player
that pisses some fans off. Doesn't mean he cannot provide good competition and depth.

Tate is a middle of the pack Returner, he is not terrible like some say. It is the lack of what he provides
as a WR that has been truly disapointing to me. He has taken care of the ball well on returns though
and overall has been solid. Nothing really special as you say but solid. He is not terrible.

(04-19-2016, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they wouldnt be around if people took their jobs.

Not everyone on the roster is gonna be special type of player.  You need the jobbers too.

Actually, lots of guys have taken Mays job over and over again.

But you are correct on Tate. I expect Alford to take Tate's job this year. Was surprised by his lack of
production in the return game last Preseason. Alford was a fine returner in college and i believe will be
an upgrade over Tate in both the return game and as a WR.
Reply/Quote