Poll: Would you be willing to trade Burfict?
This poll is closed.
Yes
40.54%
15 40.54%
No
59.46%
22 59.46%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Guenther came calling?
Surprised the poll is as close as it is actually.

Thought the "hell no" votes would win in a landslide.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 12:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I would trade him for 2 firsts or a 1 and 2, but nobody would ever pay that. A star player is worth that to me, and I’m only making a trade if I feel good it’ll make the team BETTER. One first might replace him and be a downgrade, the second first would help fill another need and overall we’d hopefully be better if we scouted well. Draft picks are far from the certainty many around here seem to think they are. A known commodity is worth more imo

Nice post man, i completely agree with everything you said here LF40. Cool

(02-17-2018, 01:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I like Burfict and don't want to see him on another team. With that said, I voted 'Yes' on the poll because I'd be willing to trade ANYONE on this team for the right deal. Doesn't matter if it's Burfict, Dalton, AJ Green, etc. If someone asks and is willing to give up something of equal or greater value, I'm making that deal.

What draft pick would be of equal or greater value than Burfict or AJ Green?

Shit, you could get the first first round pick two years in a row and both could be busts.

The Draft is such a crapshoot it isn't even funny and is one of the biggest reasons we fail because we rely on it too much.
Reply/Quote
It can be entertaining to speculate, but the CBA makes it difficult to trade players, particularly high profile players.
Reply/Quote
The draft is hit or miss, but the Bengals build through the draft and avoid free agency. The only hope for improvement is the draft.

Shouldn't picks be premium.

Sure you prefer a known commodity, but there's enough question marks surrounding Burfict (health/suspension wise), to separate him from Green.

We have to be prepared to play without Burfict rather we like it or not.

When you live by the picks you die by them, and if the draft is the blueprint, you have to be wiling to make moves.

We shouldn't actively shop Burfict but I'm not sold phones shouldn't be answered if anyone came calling.

AJ on the other hand is out of the question.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd trade John Ross. I'd even Trade Andy if I knew we could get Josh Allen.
Reply/Quote
Have you watched the defense without Burfict?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 01:21 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Have you watched the defense without Burfict?

Yes. It’s like a horror movie where everyone makes bad decisions.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 01:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  It’s like a horror movie where everyone makes bad decisions.

Reminds me of that commercial where the kids all run into the shed with all the blades hanging from the
rafters where the masked chainsaw dude is hanging out instead of getting into the running car.
Reply/Quote