Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals@Steelers Predictions
The bengals need this game badly, but that won’t be enough. The Oline won’t be able to slow down the pass rush of the Steelers and dalton gets battered all day. Bengals lose by two scores:

Steelers 24
Bengals 10

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: There will be plenty of Andy homer/hater threads again next week.

I wonder if Lions boards treat Matt Stafford in similar fashion... or if their fans are able to accept that their QB will never be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, and they're ok with that?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Its "put up" or "shut up" time.... No Excuses, it's time we knock these pugs down a few notches .
That being said :
Pitt - 27
Cinci - 13
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 12:31 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have seen this too many times.

Marvin's team coming of  a bye. We will probably have to take a time out on our first snap on offense because they wont get play in on time.

Steelers knowing they own Bengals.

AJ taken out of the game by double coverage, us using him as a "decoy" or he gets hurt.

Dalton has no one else to target.

Bengals lose cool.

Steelers 17-6

I hope I am wrong

Spot on assessment couldn’t agree more. This team owns us and they know it. Marvin is pathetic vs Pitt and not good after the bye and we always lose are cool vs them. The only way we have a chance to win is if we get a running game going or if Lafell and Erickson can somehow beat single coverage while AJ is getting smothered to death by double teams.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling a big brawl is going to happen!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 04:18 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: There's no way it's a high scoring affair.

17-14

I'll call the winner later.

This is the way I see it.

Bengals 20. Steelers 13
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sadly, I think we are going to get throttled. For as great as our defense has been, the Steelers defense is playing great as well (and is SUPER young). Bell put on a show yesterday, and I think will have another big game.

Also, noticing how they played yesterday: they are just so nasty and physical throughout the game. I think our defense can match that, but our offense can't. They can really get in your head (several Chiefs players went after them), and I just don't see our offense matching that intensity. I do think we put Big Ben down a few times though!

I hope I'm wrong.. More than anything, I'd love to see Ross out there. Having Lafell as a #2 is brutal right now.
Reply/Quote
Why the Bengals will win:

1. They've had two weeks to prepare for this game as opposed to Pgh, which will only have a few days.
2. They are as rested as they will be all season.
3. The Steelers are coming off a very physical road game in Kansas City and will most likely not practice today (Monday)
4. Steelers have two starters on their OL  injured and are probably out for Sunday.
5. While still early in the season, this should be considered a must win game for Cincy. Not so for Pgh.
6. Bengals seem to play Pgh tougher at Heinz that they do at home.
7. Even if the Steelers move the ball up and down the field, they're not real efficient in the red zone....about 50%

Why the Steelers will win:

1. Their defense seems to be improved from last year.
2. The three B's seem to be (slowly) returning to form.
3.  They're home, so they won't have to worry about being pelted with beer cans.
4. The Steelers historically start slow and get stronger as the season progresses. This will be game #7.
5. Offensive line seems to be pretty solid, even with Gilbert out.
6. Bengals red zone efficiency is worse than the Steelers
7. Talk of a total implosion of the team MAY have been a bit premature. 

Both teams have been up and down so far. It all comes down to which version of the two teams show up. With two weeks of rest and preparation, if the Bengals come out flat (unlikely), they deserve to lose. If they play like they did against GB, they will win. If the Steelers come out flat (more likely), they will lose. If they play like they did against KC, they will win, and spend as much time in the Bengals backfield as Dalton.
I believe the key is to keep the Steeler offense off the field by long drives and  forcing 3 and outs. I've noticed that Pgh defense, like most, plays very well when rested. But they trail off considerably when worn down from overwork.

Since both teams have been inconsistent to this point, I think this game will show just what the identity of each team really is going forward. 

16-10 Bengals
Reply/Quote
All depends. If the Bengals can rough up rapelisberger and blounts blunt smokin' buddy early then can keep the pressure on - Bengals. Otherwise its the squeelers again. And if somebody wants to push their team bus off into the river on the way to the airport I'll buy them a coney!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wonder if Lions boards treat Matt Stafford in similar fashion... or if their fans are able to accept that their QB will never be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, and they're ok with that?

I can imagine some people aren't fond of the highest (?) paid QB in the league having 0 playoff wins but they realize they root for a crap organization that hasn't won crap in decades and is an inherited  business. 

Sounds kinda familiar. 
Reply/Quote
This is an extremely important game for the Bengals IF they're going to have any shot at a season down the road. I'm still not sure there's any real shot at a season regardless of the outcome, but that's another thread.

But anyways this is in effect a "Big Game" and knowing how Marvin Lewis lead teams respond in big games:

Bengals - 16

Steelers - 27

We'll be playing with them until late in the 2nd quarter. Then there will be a fumble, interception, bad call, big fight after a penalty or something and the Bengals will fold up like a pup tent ! As usual

Fingers Crossed they finally play them with accountability, heart, and desire and whoop the $h1t out of em. But I doubt it
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is an extremely important game for the Bengals IF they're going to have any shot at a season down the road. I'm still not sure there's any real shot at a season regardless of the outcome, but that's another thread.

But anyways this is in effect a "Big Game" and knowing how Marvin Lewis lead teams respond in big games:

Bengals - 16

Steelers - 27

We'll be playing with them until late in the 2nd quarter. Then there will be a fumble, interception, bad call, big fight after a penalty or something and the Bengals will fold up like a pup tent ! As usual

Fingers Crossed they finally play them with accountability, heart, and desire and whoop the $h1t out of em. But I doubt it

I don't think it matters.  It was shown on replays in both Steelers and Patriots games that the NFL darlings are being protected.  The NFL will NOT let the Steelers lose this game.
Reply/Quote
We need to dominate this game regardless of the officiating. If we earn the win, we'll get it. Bengals 30 Steelers 27 still.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 07:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't think it matters.  It was shown on replays in both Steelers and Patriots games that the NFL darlings are being protected.  The NFL will NOT let the Steelers lose this game.

The worst part is that the NFL suspended both of these teams' franchise HOF QBs for a quarter of a season and they think that's going to convince us that they aren't actively fixing things for them to win.  Nice try, NFL.

I think we lose this game and just to make sure the NFL keeps us under the Steelers' thumb they'll convince Mike Brown to stay our GM for another year and to keep Marvin Lewis around. I'm honestly a little surprised they let us fire Ken Zampese when it was clear he wasn't fit to be an OC at this level.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 02:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In the Bengals' favor:

- We're coming off a BYE, so we'll be pretty healthy
- Marv is 6-8 in Pittsburgh (he's 2-14 against them in Cincy)
- The "killer B's" are all struggling a bit right now
- We're back to looking like a playoff caliber team
- The Steelers will be coming off a very tough game in KC
- Burfict is suiting up

Not in the Bengals' favor:

- Marvin doesn't have a good record coming off the BYE
- We're a perfect opponent for the Steelers to get back on track
- They have 3 weeks of tape on Lazor's offense, and I believe he's been limited in what he can do cuz o-line. If that's the case, the Steelers will figure it out

I'm going to say Bengals 20 Steelers 17

we beat the steelers last time we played them off a bye  Wink

But Marv has also lost 5 of the last 6 vs them.

I will say same score, but reversed; Fatman misses a FG to give them the win. 

Bengals 17 Shit$burg 20
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 02:49 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: we beat the steelers last time we played them off a bye  Wink

But Marv has also lost 5 of the last 6 vs them.

I will say same score, but reversed; Fatman misses a FG to give them the win. 

Bengals 17 Shit$burg 20

Lol I was imagining Bullock hitting the game winner when I made that post. I'd love to see it, because it'd be interesting to see how Elliott fanboys adjust. I know they won't suddenly accept Bullock.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Steelers 17

Bengals 10
Reply/Quote
I think the defense plays well, but gets fatigued because the offense will neither be scoring nor getting any significant time of possession.  We can't run the ball and really only have one receiver that truly separates - and our offensive line cannot protect or get any push. 

Pittsburgh - 26
Bengals - 6
Reply/Quote
I can't help but think we'll come out and surprise everyone and play well. I do think we win but either way, I think it'll be a close game. There are going to be a lot of heart issues in Cincy and Pittsburgh this Sunday evening. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:49 PM)3wt Wrote: I think the defense plays well, but gets fatigued because the offense will neither be scoring nor getting any significant time of possession.  We can't run the ball and really only have one receiver that truly separates - and our offensive line cannot protect or get any push. 

Pittsburgh - 26
Bengals - 6

Well, we've never scored less than 13 points against the Steelers during the AJ Green era, including 16 and 20 points last year with Zampese and a bad o-line.

We may only have one WR that can separate, but that WR has 975 yards and 6 TDs in 11 career games against the Steelers. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Tyler Kroft can do. Kroft is becoming our #2 option.
Reply/Quote