Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Suddenly Thin at DB
Didn’t they bring in a guy crib cfl and just signed McTyer? Along with the FA. signings coming we just need to draft maybe one more and we are good?
Reply/Quote
Take away his posting rights.
Reply/Quote
Hey guys, we're pretty thin at LB.

[Image: SaneWideeyedArcticfox-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:42 AM)kevin Wrote: I hope you are right because Bengals.com Team or Transactions doesn't show Wayne's or Alexander on the team.  They show Phillips and a lot of empty spots. 

In fact, Bengals.com Transactions shows no Bengals Free Agents added.   Are they not signed yet ?  Why does Bengals.com not show them added ?

(04-03-2020, 09:15 AM)kevin Wrote: So they haven't really signed yet.  I'll feel better once they are actually signed.  

Look at this way, no free agent going to any other team has been able to sign, either.  The entire league is going by the "honor" system for the time being.  I'm going to go ahead and assume that it will be the same for the draft picks, as well.  Just like with free agency, they'll be able to negotiate and agree to terms, but not actually able to sign contracts until the physicals, and in some cases, private workouts can be performed.  

I'm pretty sure that there a lot of fans for all of the various teams, who are feeling a bit nervous about the entire process right now.  With that in mind, I'm not going to get worked up in a panic over this, and I sincerely hope that nobody else does, either.

(See, I just ended that last sentence with a preposition.  Breaking the rules is fun!)  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like turtles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look at this way, no free agent going to any other team has been able to sign, either.  The entire league is going by the "honor" system for the time being.  I'm going to go ahead and assume that it will be the same for the draft picks, as well.  Just like with free agency, they'll be able to negotiate and agree to terms, but not actually able to sign contracts until the physicals, and in some cases, private workouts can be performed.  

I'm pretty sure that there a lot of fans for all of the various teams, who are feeling a bit nervous about the entire process right now.  With that in mind, I'm not going to get worked up in a panic over this, and I sincerely hope that nobody else does, either.

(See, I just ended that last sentence with a preposition.  Breaking the rules is fun!)  Cool

And just like that, the code of conduct vanished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like turtles.

Leonardo, michaelangelo, raphael, or Donatello?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: William Jackson Trae Wayne’s Darius Phillips Mackenzie Alexander they are not thin at DB draft one late and we will be more than ok.

And Tony Brown and that Rose Corner that lead the CFL in interceptions are on the roster too.

Believe we brought in another Corner or two that I cannot remember their names.

If anything we went overkill trying to get the most talent at DB with all these signings plus Vonn Bell.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And Tony Brown and that Rose Corner that lead the CFL in interceptions are on the roster too.

Believe we brought in another Corner or two that I cannot remember their names.

If anything we went overkill trying to get the most talent at DB with all these signings plus Vonn Bell.

I remember watching Tony Brown when he came out and I swore he was gonna make the switch to safety....I still think he should switch to safety.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like turtles.

Correct
Reply/Quote
im stoked how free agency made that DB room a strength

Bates and Bell deep

Crop of very good corners to fight it out for the top 3 spots

DB will not be draft need
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:15 AM)kevin Wrote: So they haven't really signed yet.  I'll feel better once they are actually signed.  

I think you might find that everything has been agreed and contracts have been signed with a caveat in the contract stating that if there is an issue or problem with the medical then the contract can be cancelled.

They do this all the time over here when football (soccer) teams sign players on transfer deadline day and they haven't had a chance to get the player through a medical.
It also basically confirms this here :-
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/03/bengals-deal-dj-reader-official-including-additional-language/
Reply/Quote
Didn't they also sign the somewhat talented CB from the CFL???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Dont they have like 8 corners?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 03:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I remember watching Tony Brown when he came out and I swore he was gonna make the switch to safety....I still think he should switch to safety.

That's cool, didn't know that about Tony. Does he have the size?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That's cool, didn't know that about Tony. Does he have the size?

6', 198 lbs. 

For comparison--Troy Palamalu  5'10"  211 lbs.

Shawn Williams  6'  212 lbs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Give the guy a break. Some of you get so annoyed about nothing
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:26 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Give the guy a break. Some of you get so annoyed about nothing

Sounds like you're annoyed at the annoyed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:22 PM)McC Wrote: 6', 198 lbs. 

For comparison--Troy Palamalu  5'10"  211 lbs.

Shawn Williams  6'  212 lbs.

Tony can build up if needed to then, Synric knows his stuff.
Reply/Quote
Agreed.

They have three guys who are serviceable starters. But definitely lacking in top end talent. Then behind those three, there's a lot of questions marks, inexperience, and journeymen.

Not our biggest position of need. But not exactly a strength either.
Reply/Quote