Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Super Bowl
I now hope you guys can get there since my boys are out of it. The NFL is wide open this year and I believe you guys have a shot. You guys deserve success and have great fans. You could hear a pin drop up here the last few days. It hurts but time to move on. The Steelers and Patriots aren't world beaters so you never know.
Reply/Quote
No.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:53 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: No.

Yes.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
I don't know, man. I think the stars are aligning for Rapistberger and the Steelers this year. #7 will win them #7 and he'll retire on top of the world.

And I don't believe the league is rigged for this to happen. I just believe that fate, the football gods, or whatever you want to call it will f*** us over again and give that pack of toothless hillbillies in PA yet another championship. If karma exists it truly is a huge b***h, especially to us. While gracing our hated rivals with two hands worth of super bowl rings (and counting) Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:46 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I now hope you guys can get there since my boys are out of it. The NFL is wide open this year and I believe you guys have a shot. You guys deserve success and have great fans. You could hear a pin drop up here the last few days. It hurts but time to move on. The Steelers and Patriots aren't world beaters so you never know.

I feel really bad for you, dude.  We all know that pain.  I will try and sell you a cup of optimism that probably won't go anywhere, but Brett Hundley did a LOT with little around him in college.  No one thought much of Favre before the Bengals knocked out Majkowski and started his HOF career.  No, I am not saying that Rogers is going to get Wally Pip'd, but Hundley may surprise some folks and you might have a Dak Prescott-type scenario and a great potential trading piece when Rogers comes back.  

No one saw Kurt Warner, Dak Prescott, etc coming....

As far as the Bengals getting to a Super Bowl, I am probably alone in thinking it could happen.  That defense is now complete with the addition of the young pass rushers they have.  If you have a defense that nasty, you only need to be pretty good on offense to go pretty far.

Regardless of the hole the Bengals dug themselves, 90% of the league is 2 or 3 wins.  It is still anyone's ball game.  

I just hope this extra week of preparation gives Lazor some time for an awesome game plan. 

I am excited as hell about this weekend and could see the season catching fire after a win.

Who Dey, my friends, and unleash the hounds on Piggy.   Cheers WhoDey2 Pitt Sux
Reply/Quote
I will worry about Pittsburgh and go from there.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 02:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel really bad for you, dude.  We all know that pain.  I will try and sell you a cup of optimism that probably won't go anywhere, but Brett Hundley did a LOT with little around him in college.  No one thought much of Favre before the Bengals knocked out Majkowski and started his HOF career.  No, I am not saying that Rogers is going to get Wally Pip'd, but Hundley may surprise some folks and you might have a Dak Prescott-type scenario and a great potential trading piece when Rogers comes back.  

No one saw Kurt Warner, Dak Prescott, etc coming....

As far as the Bengals getting to a Super Bowl, I am probably alone in thinking it could happen.  That defense is now complete with the addition of the young pass rushers they have.  If you have a defense that nasty, you only need to be pretty good on offense to go pretty far.

Regardless of the hole the Bengals dug themselves, 90% of the league is 2 or 3 wins.  It is still anyone's ball game.  

I just hope this extra week of preparation gives Lazor some time for an awesome game plan. 

I am excited as hell about this weekend and could see the season catching fire after a win.

Who Dey, my friends, and unleash the hounds on Piggy.   Cheers WhoDey2 Pitt Sux

You're not alone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I don't know, man. I think the stars are aligning for Rapistberger and the Steelers this year. #7 will win them #7 and he'll retire on top of the world.

And I don't believe the league is rigged for this to happen. I just believe that fate, the football gods, or whatever you want to call it will f*** us over again and give that pack of toothless hillbillies in PA yet another championship. If karma exists it truly is a huge b***h, especially to us. While gracing our hated rivals with two hands worth of super bowl rings (and counting) Whatever

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals or Green Bay make the playoffs this year. Both teams have problems. Our oline and your QB. By the way, many of my friends are no longer watching football because of the lack of kneeling with the anthem. I might join them.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:46 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I now hope you guys can get there since my boys are out of it. The NFL is wide open this year and I believe you guys have a shot. You guys deserve success and have great fans. You could hear a pin drop up here the last few days. It hurts but time to move on. The Steelers and Patriots aren't world beaters so you never know.
You're jinxing us. Stop it.
Reply/Quote
You are a PackerBacker, not a BengalBacker. You know nothing.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 09:35 PM)BengalRed Wrote: You're jinxing us. Stop it.

You're late to the party. Mike Brown has been doing that since 1991.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't think the Bengals or Green Bay make the playoffs this year. Both teams have problems. Our oline and your QB. By the way, many of my friends are no longer watching football because of the lack of kneeling with the anthem. I might join them.

They've quit watching because there isn't enough kneeling?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It goes both ways I suppose, lots of NFL fans say they will stop watching if players keep kneeling and some of us would say we would stop watching if they don't allow them to kneel. Only really said by fans who have 0.1% chance of winning the superbowl (like the Bengals).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: By the way, many of my friends are no longer watching football because of the lack of kneeling with the anthem. I might join them.

Wait. You want MORE players kneeling during the anthem?  Nervous
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Right now the steelers are our SB.

It all starts here.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It does. We're currently 12th in the AFC. IF we lose...only the Browns will have a worse record than us. (There could also be 3 other 2-5 teams while we're 2-4.) But there's no coming back from that.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I don't know, man. I think the stars are aligning for Rapistberger and the Steelers this year. #7 will win them #7 and he'll retire on top of the world.

I was personally hoping that Burfict will end rapelisbergers career on his first possession.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:05 PM)BengalD Wrote: I was personally hoping that Burfict will end rapelisbergers career on his first possession.

But that would be karmic justice in favor of the bengals... Which is why it will never happen. We're more likely to see Mike Mitchell cripple Dalton by twisting his head around (and get away with it too). 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: But that would be karmic justice in favor of the bengals... Which is why it will never happen. We're more likely to see Mike Mitchell cripple Dalton by twisting his head around (and get away with it too). 

You're partially right.  I also think I know that having been a fan of this team since day one - they'll win a superbowl the season after I vacate the planet.
Reply/Quote