Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals To Interview Lou Anarumo Thursday
(02-20-2019, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: He had to get a new suit.  His kid had a piano recital.  Had to take his wife to the eye doctor cuz she couldn't drive after they put drops in her eyes. Could be anything, really.  

His cat had puppies.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 05:48 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: His cat had puppies.

Oh great...  now I WANT A CAT PUPPY!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He is busy with the "Good Riddance!" party the Giants are throwing him today?

If anything perhaps this connection locks Bobby Hart into nice long-term contract with us!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he is hired, does he get the title “Assistant to the head coach.” Or DC?
Reply/Quote
Since coaching in Super Bowl, Taylor is only in week 3 with Bengals. Media claims Taylor said over weekend he is not in a big hurry to hire a DC as much as people think. The media claims this is the guy, but media said that about Del Rio and Grantham. So all we really know is Bengals will interview him today Thursday 2-21-19. IF they hire Lou Anarumo, I see no problem with it. The Giants DB coach had experience as a DC at Dolphins.

As to some saying this is a questionable coaching staff being put together, I say it was time to move on from Marvin and worse yet Hue. Word was Taylor one of the young new coaches being considered for move up by NFL Teams. As a Homer, as a Fan. this staff could work out. I welcome the change. It was time to clean house on the Marvin coaches including the guy Browns Fans now call Hue Stink.

Hopefully they can get the coaches set, because I'm of the believe the problem has not just been coaching. The Bengals players are not all that great either. Of course Bengals have some stars that they should keep. Still, this is a team that can't block and can't tackle. Once they get the coaches changed, they need to begin changing players. The Bengals over the years can't beat teams with good records playing good ball, can't win in Prime Time, can't win the big games, and sometimes get blown out by teams not all that good. So I welcome the coaching changes, and am hoping for much needed player changes. I am not one of the ones that says this team has great talent. It has a couple stars on offense and a couple stars on defense, but that does NOT make it a deep solid team. So even though I'm a Homer, I also admit the Bengals have became awful. It is time to rebuild for the Roaring 20's. Hopefully the Bengals can rebuild and Roar in the Roaring 20's. It's why I'm all for letting all these Bengals free agents leave in a few weeks to free up an extra 30 mil that these new coaches can start fresh with like an expansion team to start the rebuild out of last place. Get blockers, Get tacklers. dump the bums Marvin was loyal to a fault to.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The bad news, it might not work out.. The good news, if it don't they're not hired for life. They ain't supreme court appointments despite Marvin's 16 years....  That's the best I have for today..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 08:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: The bad news, it might not work out.. The good news, if it don't they're not hired for life. They ain't supreme court appointments despite Marvin's 16 years....  That's the best I have for today..  Cool

True, but you got to try.  No guts, no glory.  Standing pat with Marvin no longer an option.  Hue sure as heck wasn't an option.  The Reds brought in new coaches and some new players and I'm excited.  Bengals moves could have us all very excited after free agency, trades and The Draft.  I will say that we should not be as stupid as Cleveland Browns who change coaches and QBs every year almost.  I think you have to give a coach a few drafts, a few training camps to build HIS team.  Right now we still have the Marvin team. and Taylor will need time to move out some of the Marvin and bring in his Taylor team players.  We have to be smarter than Cleveland and see you have to give a new coach a few years when you make a hire like that.  So nothing is for certain. It may not work out, but Marvin Had To Go.  Changes Had to be made. 

It could also work out.  Taylor could get this team scoring a lot of points, which is kind of what the New NFL with touch football rules is all about.  Putting up 40 to 50 points a game.  In this touch football NFL, 20 points no longer cuts it most games.  It could be the touch football rules changed the game on old Marvin and not the same game when he was winning games as a Baltimore coach 13 to 6. Ocho got hit in the head every catch. He took some brutal hits in the head, and it was legal. Now that's all illegal, and you can hardly sack a QB anymore. The game changed on Marvin. Teams are now putting up a lot of points most games. So this move could work out. It's worth a try.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I will be happy if the new regime plays young players when they deserve it. It will be nice if their press conferences don't feel like the inquisition. I will love it if they make adjustments during games. It will be lovely if they don't tank in prime time (that was always an embarrassment.) So often we had a good season going and we'd come up to a prime time game, start out terrible and get worse. I would love to get to a place where we can compete with Pittsburgh and at least split with them.
Paul Brown used to put his teams together with intelligent high integrity type players. I'm all for second chances, but this team needs to keep this in mind as they go forward. Certain types can drag a team down. Zac said he wanted a coaching staff that can communicate and teach. Let's hope they're great teachers and can communicate a quality message to the players.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
Well we should have a dc by next week. Two days of interviewing, then weekend off, then contract negotiations next week.

The AFCN teams and their fans may chuckle and giggle with glee over the hire (as we would if they hired him), but he's out guy and we have to hope he is competent.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 10:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: Well we should have a dc by next week. Two days of interviewing, then weekend off, then contract negotiations next week.

The AFCN teams and their fans may chuckle and giggle with glee over the hire (as we would if they hired him), but he's out guy and we have to hope he is competent.

Where do you get the idea that they won't do anything on a weekend?   Day 2 for Grantham was for contract negotiating. The combine starts in 5 days. If this is the guy, he'll be announced tomorrow at the latest.  Zac's deal was done the Monday after the Super Bowl with no earlier negotiating.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not sure where the shock they close on weekends in the offseason comes from. This is the same front office, and we know how they operate. The deal might get done tomorrow, but it's not happening over the weekend. When's the last time you heard Bengal breaking news over the weekend? On a Sunday?

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 08:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: The bad news, it might not work out.. The good news, if it don't they're not hired for life. They ain't supreme court appointments despite Marvin's 16 years....  That's the best I have for today..  Cool

The bad news of IF it doesn't work out is you squander Atkins and Greens remaining few years of high productivity.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 01:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure where the shock they close on weekends in the offseason comes from. This is the same front office, and we know how they operate. The deal might get done tomorrow, but it's not happening over the weekend. When's the last time you heard Bengal breaking news over the weekend? On a Sunday?

Yeah, we know a lot about how they operate but do we really know what their days and hours of operation are?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The bad news of IF it doesn't work out is you squander Atkins and Greens remaining few years of high productivity.

I don't know, man.  From what I've been reading, seems like Anarumo likes an aggressive pass rush.  Seems like he could turn into Geno and Carlos' best friend.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We can put things together over years of following the team. Typically no Bengals news over the weekends (they close), just like they typically work traditional hours during the week (I never plan on seeing any Breaking Bengals news after 5pm).

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: We can put things together over years of following the team. Typically no Bengals news over the weekends (they close), just like they typically work traditional hours during the week (I never plan on seeing any Breaking Bengals news after 5pm).

You're correct.  Typically, we don't get much from the team on the weekends in the offseason.  However, this is push coming to shove time.  Something tells me that they want this guy installed before the weekend.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: We can put things together over years of following the team. Typically no Bengals news over the weekends (they close), just like they typically work traditional hours during the week (I never plan on seeing any Breaking Bengals news after 5pm).

Okay, so things pretty much don't get announced outside of normal business hours, but that doesn't necessarily mean the building closes down at 5 on Friday.  When it is said that coaches work upwards of eighteen hours a day, they have to be doing it somewhere.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, man.  From what I've been reading, seems like Anarumo likes an aggressive pass rush.  Seems like he could turn into Geno and Carlos' best friend.

Yes. I really like that aspect of him.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: Okay, so things pretty much don't get announced outside of normal business hours, but that doesn't necessarily mean the building closes down at 5 on Friday.  When it is said that coaches work upwards of eighteen hours a day, they have to be doing it somewhere.

Coaches. Let me clarify. I completely think ZT (and all our coaches) is working "around the clock" and on weekends.

But the Front Office. I feel like they don't do "business" things outside of business hours.

Reply/Quote

This is hardly a typical year where they have an established coaching staff who know the players and their routines.   And just because news doesn't break late or on a weekend doesn't mean they are sitting in their living rooms binging on Netflix.  The Bengals notoriously have very little "breaking" news because they don't leak and don't gossip with the press.  With the combine and free agency looming and an incomplete coaching staff, Duke, Pete, and Zac and his team are likely working 16 hour days 6-7 days a week. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote