Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trading Up in 1st ?
(04-13-2017, 12:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's what the chart says, but since nobody wants to move up this year, you could see a trade that goes for less value then it should:

for instance,

Look at what the Dolphins gave up to move up from  to #3 to get Dion Jordan:

They gave up #12 and #42 to move up to #3.  IF we wanted to go up to #1 to get Garrett, I would think that AJ and the #9 would be nearly enough.  The #1 pick doesn't bring a whole lot when a QB isn't involved.

Would do this deal in a New York minute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:28 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'd have to see what we would give up, but generally moving up spots this high in the draft costs a whole lot so I'd rather stay put

Same here, i would stay at 9 or trade down rather than trading up. There will be a very good player at 9 no matter what
that will help this team barring injury. So many ways to go that i would be fine with, trading up is one thing i hope we don't
do in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 06:21 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: There is no chance in hell the Bengals trade up for anyone. There is a slight outside chance we trade down i would say though, a precedent for this has been set for this in the not so distance past.

until  recently there was no chance in hell we took an interior OL guy in the first either.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: until  recently there was no chance in hell we took an interior OL guy in the first either.

And we traded up for Bodine, it is not out of the question contrary to popluar belief.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: until  recently there was no chance in hell we took an interior OL guy in the first either.

There is still no chance in hell we take an OL in the 1st either. I think at a stretch earliest is 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And we traded up for Bodine, it is not out of the question contrary to popluar belief.

Yes ... but big difference going up and down in the later rounds (4th round Bodine) Bengals rarely move in the higher rounds. Its just not something they do. They value taking the bpa at the position, hence when they have a fairly high pick in the draft they are often very easy to predict.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 06:04 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Yes ... but big difference going up and down in the later rounds (4th round Bodine) Bengals rarely move in the higher rounds. Its just not something they do. They value taking the bpa at the position, hence when they have a fairly high pick in the draft they are often very easy to predict.

I just wouldn't go as far as to say no way in hell they won't trade up in the 1st.

It would surprise me though and i would be against it anyways. Stay at 9 and go BPA or trade down if their guy is not there..
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:46 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Absolutely

PM when we get closer and we will work it out. I think we are all in the Club West area.

Anyone else going to draft party at PBS on 27th?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: PM when we get closer and we will work it out. I think we are all in the Club West area.

Anyone else going to draft party at PBS on 27th?

Only received two tickets when expecting 4. 

Not sure who is going now and I might decide to sit this one out per already telling everybody else they were going. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 07:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just wouldn't go as far as to say no way in hell they won't trade up in the 1st.

It would surprise me though and i would be against it anyways. Stay at 9 and go BPA or trade down if their guy is not there..

I could actually see us going back. I think Arizona at 13 could come up to get in front of Cleveland for a QB. I think the Eagles could also try to come up to get in front of NO for a CB if the Saints don't trade for Butler. 9 to 13/14 range I don't think changes the guys available for us as much, but would yield roughly a 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 10:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Only received two tickets when expecting 4. 

Not sure who is going now and I might decide to sit this one out per already telling everybody else they were going. 

Sorry to hear. If you end up going let me know
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 10:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I could actually see us going back. I think Arizona at 13 could come up to get in front of Cleveland for a QB. I think the Eagles could also try to come up to get in front of NO for a CB if the Saints don't trade for Butler. 9 to 13/14 range I don't think changes the guys available for us as much, but would yield roughly a 3rd.

Houston is a potential trade partner as well. Could definately see us trading back and would be very happy about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Houston is a potential trade partner as well. Could definately see us trading back and would be very happy about it.

That may be a bit further back than I am willing to go unless it includes a 2nd this year and next.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: That may be a bit further back than I am willing to go unless it includes a 2nd this year and next.

Didn't their 2 next year go to Cleveland in osweiler scam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:15 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Didn't their 2 next year go to Cleveland in osweiler scam?

You would be correct, make it a 1st then haha. In all honestly that is a long way back to go in a draft that has definite tiers.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: You would be correct, make it a 1st then haha. In all honestly that is a long way back to go in a draft that has definite tiers.

I hear ya. If it's a second trade down from 12 or 13 then maybe. Depending on if the trade values could work out

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:31 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hear ya.  If it's a second trade down from 12 or 13 then maybe.  Depending on if the trade values could work out

Theoretically you could go 9-13-25 and pick up a 3rd for first move then a 2nd for the next move. I'd be up for that.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Houston is a potential trade partner as well. Could definately see us trading back and would be very happy about it.

agree the extra pick is needed but think there is going to be a player at #9 that is worth taking as well. 

Would be fine either way, because if they do trade back then believe their targeted player is thought to still be available later and an extra pick is always sweet. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For those interested there is a modified trade value chart (better approximates pick value than the old Jimmy Johnson chart). Linked below.

Key takeaway, after pick 2 values drop significantly (makes sense as that is franchise QB territory).

Considering everyone wants to trade down (most reports), it's conceivable that jags would take a 3rd to move down to 9. I would rather stay pat, but just some food for thought if we loved Fournette for example.

http://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 03:42 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I read a similar article, but the trade up was for Fournette. I like Solomon's potential, but not sold on him. The West coast has had more than its share of one hit wonders.

Perhaps he really impressed the scouting dept & coaches. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I'm not in charge. I like where the team is sitting just fine. Foster,Howard,Adams,Fournette, & Allen all look very good at #9 imho. Even McCaffrey is probably gonna be a stud for someone's squad.

AJ McCarron, Bengals 4th, & the 9th for the 49ers 2nd pick? They might be able to do it without the 4th rounder as well. This works for SanFran because they would have a QB better than anyone in this draft AND be able to grab a premium WR or TE.

The Fournette move would be the one that makes sense to me. It also SCREAMS Bengals move. He's THAT good. Plus, the pundits would eat it alive since they can bring up the Kijana Carter trade 20 some years ago.

Fournette looks like Bo Jackson when he runs. He would make the Bengals offense instantly better. More so than any other player in the draft.

Defensively, I think Jamal Adams would be an incredible Bengal and would not mind trading up to get him. I've been on a soap box about the Bengals having enough young safeties locked up, but I think Adams is possibly the 2nd or 3rd best player in this draft. He's got special written all over him.

Moving up for Thomas, who is good, but not great at anything, makes no sense. He does not fit the Bengals prototype for DE prospect and there are tons of guys in this draft in all sorts of rounds that do or, if you subscribe to the idea that the Bengals don't have a DE "type" I think Thomas, Barnett, and Allen are all about the same and one would be there for the Bengals without making a move.
Reply/Quote