Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Bengals WIN gets BETTER
(10-16-2022, 05:47 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not applicable.

JB and the Bengals play better away lol

4 road games in 5 weeks will wear any team down
Reply/Quote
Pickett was always supposed to be a project QB because he was so raw and not really pro ready. Stealers made a mistake by bowing to the fans and putting him in instead of redshirting him while he learned and they built the line and letting Trubisky take the hits.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:17 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Such a starange division this year,

We could be 6-0 and already be out of sight but we could have been several games behind.

They didn’t take their chances now put our foot on their necks the next 5 games.

Nice upset by Giants, we are going to need to keep pace with Ravens, they have a light schedule like us coming up
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing people are overlooking is we just finshed a 5 game stretch with 4 road games. We're gonna have a lot of home field coming up...

I think 2 the next 5 are at Paycor.  We get more home games at the tail end of the season.
Reply/Quote
Getting to 3-3 was pretty damn important. Last year, all 7 AFC playoff teams had at least 3 wins after week 6, and 12 of the 14 playoff teams overall. 

Right now, there are 10 AFC teams with 3 wins...exactly like last year at this time.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Ravens Lost, and Browns are Losing.  I have no idea what last place Steelers did.  Makes WIN over Saints that much better with Bengals back to 3-3 on season.

Kevin...you're on the internet. The answer to that questions is

on.the.internet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Getting to 3-3 was pretty damn important. Last year, all 7 AFC playoff teams had at least 3 wins after week 6, and 12 of the 14 playoff teams overall. 

Right now, there are 10 AFC teams with 3 wins...exactly like last year at this time.

Bleh

If we keep pretending there's only 6, can we eventually go back to that? 7 seeds have no business in the playoffs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They won. Pickett got taken out due to injury (concussion I think?) while averaging under 4 yards per attempt and Trubisky came in and shredded the Bucs. 

Shredded?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:33 PM)Destro Wrote: I think we have a soft area of the schedule, if we un**** ourselves, can really rack up some wins. The end of the year? Yeah, that may be ugly. Regardless, on to Atlanta.

The god thing about the end of the year is we get KC, Buffalo and Baltimore all at home. We play a Bucs team and Tom Brady who is obviously not focused, and who knows about the Patriots right now. If we can steal one of the Buffalo KC games, I feel okay about winning 2/3 against Bucs Baltimore and Pats.

That being said, we need to rack up wins during this stretch and give ourselves some breathing room.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:41 PM)Destro Wrote: Whomever they pick will be a scumbag. If not already, they will be by training camp. 

I men, can anyone think of a likeable Steeler? 

Not since Rocky Bleier 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:23 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm quite surprised by the Ravens stuttering if im honest. I think they're better than their record, but fact is they're 3-3 and we could've won in Baltimore.

The Browns started well, but seem to be unravelling.

The Steelers should definitely be no threat to the division this year, but am sure they'll still pick up at least another divisional win.

Either way, the Bengals have not been good in getting to 3-3 but are still very much in the running to win the division. I think these next 5 games are absolutely crucial to doing so. The next five are all very winnable, and the last 5/6 are largely brutal, so we need a 4-1 run in these next 5 I would say.

Why do you think they are better than their record? 

They are 20th in opponent yards per play and 28th in pass yards per game. 

Yes their offense is unique - but Lamar is about as inconsistent as they come. He has shown that over the course of his career. The media loves Baltimore for some reason but anyone with an unbiased analytical mind can tell you that Baltimore is nothing special. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Chubb 12 for 56. Find out what Bill did and copy it.

Get up on them early, take away the run, and force them to play catch up. 

A fast start on offense is going to be important as hell against the Browns. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Where's that guy who knows all the stats but nothing much else? 
He needs to run the stats of the Bengals home field record. 

The Bengals are 228-190-3 at home all time

EDIT: Away we are 148-272-2
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Kevin...you're on the internet. The answer to that questions is

on.the.internet.

Google is a noun and verb, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Google is a noun and verb, right?

Yes! He should be verbing the noun. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes! He should be verbing the noun. 

Instructions provided: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/134479?hl=en
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:58 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Surprised by our defense.Thought Saints would have a hard time scoring any touchdowns.But,a win is a win.Go Bengals!

They did have a hard time scoring TD's just not FG's. I'll take that trade off all day long.Fumble on the punt return gifted them one.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 07:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Shredded?

Mitch Trubisky
9/12
144 Yards
12.0 YPA
1 TD
0 INT
142.4 Rating
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Get up on them early, take away the run, and force them to play catch up. 

A fast start on offense is going to be important as hell against the Browns. 

For sure.   Also, they were able to get lots of pressure up front without devoting a lot of extra blitzers.   They focused on stopping the run, and when Brissett did drop back, their front got excellent pressure against him.   There were a handful of sacks, but they also got a lot of pressure and qb hits on him.  Dugger (safety) also balled out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Ravens Lost, and Browns are Losing. I have no idea what last place Steelers did. Makes WIN over Saints that much better with Bengals back to 3-3 on season.

The Bengals are in a good position right now,and the Offense is trending up.That’s a good thing.I know the second half of our schedule is brutal,but if this Offense really gets hot from here on out,then I don’t think we have anything to worry about,regardless of the opponent.
Reply/Quote