Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Win Over Ravens 2017 on TV right now
Wednesday 2 in afternoon EST, 4-11-2018. NFL Network showing Bengals vs Ravens. 14-3 Bengals. I was lucky to see it changing channels. Kroft has 2 TD's. I sure hope we still have him in case Eifert injured again.

Now 4 in afternoon. Without bumping thread to top, I'm glad I watched last game Bengals played again. Man, Dalton was getting killed. Some times hit so hard you expect Dalton to fly up into upper deck last row like a cartoon. He really took a pounding. Dalton is One, Tough, Guy. Most quarterbacks would have not got up from those flat out hits. No blocking. I forgot Baltimore had lead so much. With 50 seconds left Baltimore ahead and I'm wondering if Baltimore won this game. After all these hits, Dalton throws bomb to Boyd for over 50 yard game winning TD in last seconds. Not easy against Baltimore D. 3 THINGS : #1, DON"T FORGET TO USE BOYD IN 2018, #2. DALTON IS ONE TOUGH DUDE, #3 GET BLOCKING IN THIS DRAFT OR DON"T EVEN BOTHER TO PLAY THE 2018 SEASON. This last game shows we have players with NO QUIT, but THEY NEED BLOCKING.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That last game was only one of two that were on the tube in these parts last year.  That last minute td to Boyd almost made the season worth paying attention to and (cough cough) saved Marvin's job.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:00 PM)kevin Wrote: Wednesday 2 in afternoon EST, 4-11-2018.  NFL Network showing Bengals vs Ravens.  14-3 Bengals.  I was lucky to see it changing channels. Kroft has 2 TD's. I sure hope we still have him in case Eifert injured again.

Now 4 in afternoon. Without bumping thread to top, I'm glad I watched last game Bengals played again. Man, Dalton was getting killed. Some times hit so hard you expect Dalton to fly up into upper deck last row like a cartoon. He really took a pounding.  Dalton is One, Tough, Guy.  Most quarterbacks would have not got up from those flat out hits.  No blocking.  I forgot Baltimore had lead so much. With 50 seconds left Baltimore ahead and I'm wondering if Baltimore won this game.  After all these hits, Dalton throws bomb to Boyd for over 50 yard game winning TD in last seconds. Not easy against Baltimore D.  3 THINGS :  #1, DON"T FORGET TO USE BOYD IN 2018, #2. DALTON IS ONE TOUGH DUDE, #3 GET BLOCKING IN THIS DRAFT OR DON"T EVEN BOTHER TO PLAY THE 2018 SEASON.  This last game shows we have players with NO QUIT, but THEY NEED BLOCKING.

Completely agree.  I am hopeful that they come out of the first two days with a massive upgrade at Center (I want Ragnow or Price) as well as RT (I want Orlando Brown, but would be very happy with McGlinchey as RT that could someday project to our LT of the future.  They can get a LB later, ditto safety.  Those two spots are such glaring needs and there are real options that should be there. 

This draft actually seems like something very positive fell in to the Bengals lap:  For the first time in what I can remember being a long time, it appears two positions of huge need (the aforementioned Center and RT) have really good options that should be able to come in and start right away.  

There is also good depth at LB and safety.  The fact that we are set at QB and there are so many projected as possible top 10 picks is also a huge benefit. 

I can't wait.  
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope they score a player within the vicinity of Fredrick and not one of these other bums they kept marching out at Center.

They know how important Atkins is to the core of the D-line.

Let's just hope someone somewhere within the organization realizes that piece in the middle can make a huge difference.

The Pollack hiring might just be the voice needed come draft day.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is also good depth at LB and safety.  The fact that we are set at QB and there are so many projected as possible top 10 picks is also a huge benefit. 

I really really really REALLY hope none of the QB prospects fall in the 1st round. I don't want Brown to be tempted. We still NEED OL help and the draft is the last, best place to get it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
People who claim Marvin never goes for it on fourth down need to watch the end of this game.

Ninja

All joking aside.  It was impressive that the players rallied and never quit even though their season was over.  Marvin clearly has not "lost the team" and there is leadership in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 09:19 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Let's just hope they score a player within the vicinity of Fredrick and not one of these other bums they kept marching out at Center.

They know how important Atkins is to the core of the D-line.

Let's just hope someone somewhere within the organization realizes that piece in the middle can make a huge difference.

The Pollack hiring might just be the voice needed come draft day.

Grabbing one of the top guys early is your best chance to put this whole ongoing C issue to bed for eight to ten years.  It's not that you are doomed if you get one later but why risk it?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals hadn't given up a ninety some yard KO return and immediate TD right before halftimes, the last minute heroics wouldn't have even been necessary.

The game had a few wild plays too--the KO return, Dennard's pick and return, Buck Allen's reverse the field TD on 4th down.

In the first half, the Bengals just dominated until the KO return. Flacco could do nothing. Both Bengal backs ran the hell out of the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: If the Bengals hadn't given up a ninety some yard KO return and immediate TD right before halftimes, the last minute heroics wouldn't have even been necessary.

The game had a few wild plays too--the KO return, Dennard's pick and return, Buck Allen's reverse the field TD on 4th down.  

In the first half, the Bengals just dominated until the KO return.  Flacco could do nothing.  Both Bengal backs ran the hell out of the ball.

Again, what stood out to me was the pounding the Ravens gave Dalton with no blocking.  There are plays you see Dalton just dropping back and BOOM, Ravens at full speed unblocked.  You see these, you expect his helmet to fly off, the football to fly out, most quarterbacks don't get up over and over from these type hits.  That Dalton got up and somehow made game winning bomb to Boyd only means Dalton is one tough quarterback. This game film as all game films of 2018 show that drafting blocking in rounds 1 and 2 is not a luxury or over excessive. We have the worst O Line in NFL and these game film show this.  Besides needing pass blocking and protecting our QB, we also need run blocking which is also very weak. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who claim Marvin never goes for it on fourth down need to watch the end of this game.

Ninja

All joking aside.  It was impressive that the players rallied and never quit even though their season was over.  Marvin clearly has not "lost the team" and there is leadership in the locker room.

In the Vikings and Bears games, it definitely looked like he had at least misplaced them.

Reply/Quote
Just re-watched that game here...
(CONDENSED VERSION, which is nice)
https://www.nflfullhd.com/bengals-vs-ravens-31-dec-2017/

JEEZUS, the Bengal offense looked OUTSTANDING on the first drive!
NOT A SINGLE "3rd Down!"

*Add* - Kroft looks GOOD, shades of Eifert in the red zone!
For all you Dalton haters, he made some GREAT throws in this game!

*Oh man, I had completely forgotten about the 88 yd punt return for Ravens right before halftime, and the "1-man reverse" Collins TD for Baltimore on 4th and 3 late in the 3rd quarter... ugh.

*Mixon is DAMN GOOD.

*Bengals need to shore up the soft-spot in the short-middle of defense... Baltimore was able to complete almost ALL of their passes there.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: If the Bengals hadn't given up a ninety some yard KO return and immediate TD right before halftimes, the last minute heroics wouldn't have even been necessary.

In the first half, the Bengals just dominated until the KO return.  Flacco could do nothing.  Both Bengal backs ran the hell out of the ball.

Green let a sure TD get away early in that game. Andy threw him a perfect ball in the 1st half and AJ didn't attempt to catch it. We ended up settling for a FG instead.
In the 1st half, the Bengals ran 51 plays on offense, up until the game winning drive, we had 13 plays on offense in the 2nd half...... Sick
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:31 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Green let a sure TD get away early in that game. Andy threw him a perfect ball in the 1st half and AJ didn't attempt to catch it. We ended up settling for a FG instead.

I wouldn't say it was perfect.
AJ has made some hella-body-contorting catches, before.
I'll trust his judgement, on this one...

[Image: Lu7Ywyg.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:31 AM)sandwedge Wrote: In the 1st half, the Bengals ran 51 plays on offense, up until the game winning drive, we had 13 plays on offense in the 2nd half...... Sick

PART of the reason for that, is because the Ravens had 2 consecutive offensive drives, due to the Bengals returning an INT for a TD.
Reply/Quote
And because everything is better with Titanic music....
https://twitter.com/TitanicTD/status/947638303511244802

What I remember about this game is the outstanding play we got out of our younger linebackers.....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 12:10 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I wouldn't say it was perfect.
AJ has made some hella-body-contorting catches, before.
I'll trust his judgement, on this one...

[Image: Lu7Ywyg.gif]
I love AJ, but not sure why he slowed down here looking back? 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 12:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I love AJ, but not sure why he slowed down here looking back? 

I think he lost the ball while it was in the air.  Cant make a crazy catch if you don't know where the ball is
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:50 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Just re-watched that game here...
(CONDENSED VERSION, which is nice)
https://www.nflfullhd.com/bengals-vs-ravens-31-dec-2017/

JEEZUS, the Bengal offense looked OUTSTANDING on the first drive!
NOT A SINGLE "3rd Down!"

*Add* - Kroft looks GOOD, shades of Eifert in the red zone!
For all you Dalton haters, he made some GREAT throws in this game!

*Oh man, I had completely forgotten about the 88 yd punt return for Ravens right before halftime, and the "1-man reverse" Collins TD for Baltimore on 4th and 3 late in the 3rd quarter... ugh.

*Mixon is DAMN GOOD.

*Bengals need to shore up the soft-spot in the short-middle of defense... Baltimore was able to complete almost ALL of their passes there.

By definition, Dre was held and it should've been a 10 yard penalty; made it 4th and 6 or 7 and they punt or kick a FG, instead of getting the fluke TD, that should've been stopped in the backfield, as it was diagnosed and blown-up correctly.

Dre got grabbed AND TACKLED by whomever was blocking, literally right in front of the linesman.

Atrocious officiating.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 02:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: By definition, Dre was held and it should've been a 10 yard penalty; made it 4th and 6 or 7 and they punt or kick a FG, instead of getting the fluke TD, that should've been stopped in the backfield, as it was diagnosed and blown-up correctly.

Dre got grabbed AND TACKLED by whomever was blocking, literally right in front of the linesman.

Atrocious officiating.

Just re-watched that play.
I don't think the hold was as bad as you're making it out to be.  He just kinda dove across Dre and he fell down.
The Raven defender HOLDING FOR OVER 50 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD during Ravens long kickoff return was worse.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 02:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: By definition, Dre was held and it should've been a 10 yard penalty; made it 4th and 6 or 7 and they punt or kick a FG, instead of getting the fluke TD, that should've been stopped in the backfield, as it was diagnosed and blown-up correctly.

Atrocious officiating.

Yeah, I noticed alot of atrocious officiating in that game. 
Reply/Quote