Poll: With Five Remaining, How Many Regular Season Wins For the Bengals?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals' Win Total
I was thinking about it on the way to work today and wanted to see what you all thought.  If you had to bet your house on how many regular season  wins the Bengals end up with, what number would you go with?  

While I  certainly think they could win out, it's still probably not likely at this point.( Being a homer, I'd rate it about a 15% chance at the point, although the math would probably put it at about 6 or 7%). They will probably have a stumble or two the rest of the way. Also, I certainly don't think it likely they lose more than three. In fact, I think more than three losses the rest of the way would be more unlikely than winning out. They could lose three of the remaining five but I'm doubting it at this point because they seem to be really starting to click on offense and appear to be a confident team. They may actually be favored in each of the five remaining games by the time the games are ready to be kicked off.  That leaves the question of whether they will have one stumble or two.  I feel like we will beat the Browns and Ravens. The Bills game will have a championship atmosphere. That one could go either way. Turnovers may decide it. Is a stumble more likely to occur in Tampa or Foxboro?

After pondering all of this and trying to be unbiased(although I fail at that misserably), I feel like  11 or 12 wins is the most likely number of wins we close with. My head says they may falter twice but my heart says no more than once.  So , quoting Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwgon, should I follow my head or my heart?   The heart has led me astray many times but I'm going with it again. I say 12 wins ...

If you had a lot riding on your prediction being correct, how many wins would you predict the Bengals end up with when the regular season comes to a close?

I'll be interested to hear what you think. I'll post a poll with this if you'd like to register a vote.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I think Bengals win out unless Ravens have a melt down and are out of the running for the division by the last game of the year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 01:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Bengals win out unless Ravens have a melt down and are out of the running for the division by the last game of the year.

I think the Ravens melt down.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Before the season I predicted 12-5. So, to stay consistent with myself and remain grounded…

I voted 13.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 01:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Bengals win out unless Ravens have a melt down and are out of the running for the division by the last game of the year.

We’ll still play for the 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
I went with 12-5. I think they drop at least one more, but it wouldn't surprise me either if they run the table.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
12-5 is my guess as well.
Reply/Quote
Assuming you meant regular season only :)

I went with 13, of course. It is going to happen. They can beat any team, in any weather, so many different ways.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing we win all but the Buffalo game OR we win all including the Buffalo game but rest our starters against Baltimore and lose that game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Von Miller being done for the year, instead of back for our Monday night game, helps us in week 17.
Reply/Quote
Heck, I predicted 13-4 before the season. Will stick with it why not?

Hottest team in the league and should only get better as the season goes on. They have to play us. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I'll go a bit more conservative than others and say 11 wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm guessing we win all but the Buffalo game OR we win all including the Buffalo game but rest our starters against Baltimore and lose that game.

Well, Buffalo lost Von Miller for the season with his surgery for the ACL. Possibly another casualty of that horrible Detroit Lions turf surface, which the Bills had to play on a Sunday and then Thanksgiving, just four days later. I believe Paycor has the same type surface, which the NFLPA has been calling to be banned.

Anyway, Bengals should be favored in the next five, so they need to get it done and go 13-4 and get some home field advantage for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 04:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, Buffalo lost Von Miller for the season with his surgery for the ACL. Possibly another casualty of that horrible Detroit Lions turf surface, which the Bills had to play on a Sunday and then Thanksgiving, just four days later. I believe Paycor has the same type surface, which the NFLPA has been calling to be banned.

Anyway, Bengals should be favored in the next five, so they need to get it done and go 13-4 and get some home field advantage for the playoffs.

This is a big deal with Von being out for the year. Honestly, I forgot all about it as I haven't seen a Bills game since that Lions game.

The Bills went out and got Von to beat the Chiefs, but as we see, it could be very well to beat us just the same. With the way our OL 
has been playing lately, if they don't get a pass rush going against Burrow he could tear them up big time. The Bills have a good Defense
we all know that but at times they have terrible tackling games just like in the Playoffs against the Chiefs last year.
Reply/Quote
Is it weird that I think that the Bucs or Patriots might be our stumble? I definitely think we take care of our damn business at home.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 06:23 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Is it weird that I think that the Bucs or Patriots might be our stumble? I definitely think we take care of our damn business at home.

Could see the Bucs beating us wth Brady deseperate to win

Matricia won't let Mac Jones throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field, can't see how they keep with the Bengals offense 
Reply/Quote
Someone needs to yell at Goose. He was supposed to be keeping us updated on the weekly projections of the Bengals win total. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've been waiting 44 years for my 13 win season, so i'm not going to vote...

With there being 17 games now, you'd think that would be more likely, though not the same so maybe i need to start yelling for my 14 win season. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll go a bit more conservative than others and say 11 wins.

Gotta agree here.  I mean, I was told to act as though I'm betting the house, and I still think we have a roof over our heads if I guess 3-2 over the last five.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
12-5

Think bengals drop one of the ones they should win.

See the Patriots as being a possible trap game the week before the Bills and right after Burrow shellacs Brady.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote