Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Wins...
Came against opponents with a 7-18 record. Haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Cause for concern?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This is probably going to sound like a very lame "excuse", but the Chargers and Seahawks are better teams than their records indicate right now.
Reply/Quote
And those teams would be 12-13 if the Bengals were 0-5.

Leave it to THIS fan base to shit on a 5-0 start...
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I agree our wins seem more quality then the opponents records indicate (I just can't believe the Charges couldn't pull that win out, Ravens couldn't squeak past the Brownies, etc.). Don't send boys to do a mans job I guess.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:13 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And those teams would be 12-13 if the Bengals were 0-5.

Leave it to THIS fan base to shit on a 5-0 start...

Hey, it's an attack prevalent in comment sections in Bengals articles. Is it a legitimate attack is all I'm asking? Any opinion?

Reply/Quote
There were a lot of records thrown around in another thread concerning this very topic. The gist was that it's too early in the season to tell who is what at this juncture. I agree. Out of the undefeated teams.....the only wins against winning teams were victories over a couple of 3-2 teams.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Have you looked at the standings recently? There are only 11 teams in the entire NFL with winning records. Of the 5-0/4-0 teams the Patriots are the only one to beat a team with a winning record. They've beaten the Steelers and Bills both who are currently 3-2. The Bengals through the years have lost to plenty of teams that they were supposed to beat (remember last year's Thursday night Browns game). 5-0 means we are taking care of the teams we need to.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Came against opponents with a 7-18 record. Haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Cause for concern?

This is dumb.  It's way too early in the season to be looking at the records of the teams you defeated.  How hot was Seattle's start last season and where exactly did they end up?  
Reply/Quote
So you're saying that the Bengals beating them contributed to them have more losses than wins?

I'm shocked!

[Image: 24095ff5b9e126f913ce7c4ed85e93b4.jpg]
Reply/Quote
First- they are 7-13 if you take out the Bengals.

Second- KC, SD, SEA, BAL

Which one of these teams did you not pick to be in the playoffs this season? All solid 2014 teams and well respected. These are all quality wins.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
So you watch SD, BAL, KC, OAK play and are impressed?

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:40 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: First- they are 7-13 if you take out the Bengals.

Second- KC, SD, SEA, BAL

Which one of these teams did you not pick to be in the playoffs this season?  All solid 2014 teams and well respected. These are all quality wins.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons you shouldn't rank SOS:  you don't exactly know how good a team will be from year to year until the season is over.
Reply/Quote
Oakland would be 3-2 if they beat us...They lost 16-10 to an undefeated Denver this weekend
Baltimore has lost to us, Denver and Oakland
KC has lost to us, Denver and Green Bay...all undefeated
Seattle would be 3-2 if they beat us and has lost to an undefeated Green Bay

A lot of common opponents in these games making the records after 5 games somewhat skewed...All of these teams have played Denver also except Seattle

Not a lot of reason to down play the Bengals 5-0 start because these teams have a losing record
Reply/Quote
Not downplaying the 5-0 start. Just seeing a lot of "who have they beaten" comments on social media and such. And after watching the likes of KC, Oak, Baltimore, and the Chargers, how do you respond?

Reply/Quote
Yeah it's a cause for concern....

For the fans of those teams!

You can only play who is on the schedule. We took the Ravens best shot (division games aren't easy and they had SSS playing out of his mind), Oakland has improved, San Diego isn't bad, and KC still had a decent team, and of course Seattle is better than their record indicates.

Any given Sunday. This isn't college ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:44 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Perhaps that is one of the reasons you shouldn't rank SOS:  you don't exactly know how good a team will be from year to year until the season is over.

For the record, the opponents are 8-17 (8-12 against other teams).

To answer your question, no I'm not concerned about the quality of the opponents faced so far.  You can only play the teams on your schedule, some of these teams may end up in the playoffs.  This is one of the best starts in franchise history, I'm enjoying the hell out of this.  They just beat a team that has gone to the last 2 super bowls.

I'd be concerned if they had lost some of those games.
Reply/Quote
Also...most people that I saw predicted that the Bengals would be 2-3 or 3-2 at this point and now we are bitching at 5-0 because our opponents have tough schedules and are under .500...almost laughable...

Before the season and after our poor pre-season..

Oakland...we have not won there in 20 years...we are 0-10 there....we play terrible on the West Coast
Baltimore...division game...@Baltimore...always a tough game
SD...Philip Rivers is awesome...Their D is stout...hard team to beat
KC...tough team...great defense...Charles is a stud that we have to stop
Seattle...defending NFC Champs...back to back SB appearances...best D in the league...Russell Wilson is an elite QB

Heard all of these things and more on why we could lose and you know what...we won...ALL OF THEM...

There is no concerns IMHO...WHODEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Came against opponents with a 7-18 record. Haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Cause for concern?

Absolutely not. A cause for concern would be if the Bengals were 2-3 or maybe even 3-2 against these teams. You play the teams on your schedule and play to win, the strength of said teams is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:54 AM)Ctfan73 Wrote: They just beat a team that has gone to the last 2 super bowls.

This
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:40 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: First- they are 7-13 if you take out the Bengals.

Second- KC, SD, SEA, BAL

Which one of these teams did you not pick to be in the playoffs this season?  All solid 2014 teams and well respected. These are all quality wins.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!

I could have sworn prior to the start of the year some fans were stating how tough of a schedule we had. I thought many were hoping for a 3-2 start. We go 5-0 and people question our schedule.

This is what I know, we beat a wounded Ravens team with Steve Smith playing the part of Superman in Baltimore. We beat the team many predict will win the Super Bowl (still even though they are 2-3). We destroyed a Raiders team that could have easily be 4-1 as 2-3. We beat a solid Chargers team.

All a team can beat teams they are better than and in the case of the Bengals, they have done it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote