Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Wins...
(10-13-2015, 10:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hey, it's an attack prevalent in comment sections in Bengals articles. Is it a legitimate attack is all I'm asking? Any opinion?

There is only one team right now that I would say that I need to see the Bengals beat to give "proof" to everyone that this team is a Super Bowl Contender, and that is the Patriots.   They wouldn't likely face each other until the AFC title game, but defending those short passes against Edelman and Amendola while still preventing Gronk from going off is a huge challenge.  Combined with a power running game (Blunt, I guess) and you have a very formidable offense.  I believe that the Bengals can and will score on any opponent.  This defense would need to stop a very high powered offense to make it all the way. 

As far as "legitimate concerns" go, it doesn't really matter what anyone labels this team.  They are beating who is on their schedule and have gone a long way to securing a home field playoff game and potentially a bye.  They did get a bit of a give with back to back teams traveling to them on a short week (KC and Seattle), but it will get tougher for the Bengals later when they travel to AZ on a short week. 

There is some luck involved, too.  The steelers are getting KC after AZ without Jamal Charles.  But, frankly, I think it is time some good luck (Karma?) came around to this team.

Denver doesn't scare me.  Neither does Indy.  The Jets right now would be a wild card, and so would putzburg I think.

I think the Bengals would be favored in all those games on a neutral site.  The Patriots are the one team that would have to be ranked ahead of them right now.  The king is still the king until someone knocks him off his throne. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 01:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I am not concerned about beating everyone we've played. 

Did you happen to notice the record of the teams GB has beat?

Or the teams the Pats and Falcons have beaten for that matter?

The NFL is top heavy at the moment. You have some unbeatens (and nearly unbeatens), then you have a ton of 2-3 teams or worse.

19 teams currently have a losing record, 5 are undefeated and a couple more only have 1 loss.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
So we got wins against opponents that we were supposed to beat, and you are complaining because?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: The chargers were undefeated when we played them...and had the number 1 ranked offense. The seahawks were 2-2 with the #2 defense when we beat them. Oakland was 0-0 and has played very well since we beat them. The only stinker team was the ravens, and as a division rival, you throw the records out the window....as the steelers found out. Bottom line, all 5 have been decent wins.

I agree with this analysis.

The only BAD team we have played has been the Ravens.. and even then, they are mediocre. They haven't rolled over in any of their games.

KC is a good team with a monstrous early schedule, kinda feel bad for em.
Reply/Quote