Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals add QB - Will Grier
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
To the Practice Squad.... I'm torn if that means I have to buy Grier's jersey or not.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:40 AM)Synric Wrote: To the Practice Squad.... I'm torn if that means  I have to buy Grier's jersey or not.

I thought about you when he balled out the other night. I think this is a good development type pickup. Curious about your thoughts. I know he played well at WVU, but you've obviously seen more of him than the rest of us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Welp, as I said the other day, grab that dude. I like it.

Reply/Quote
Goodnight Grandpa...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Now that's some bigtime fartball right there.
Reply/Quote
Some posters on this board were saying he would become available after the Cowboys traded for Trey Lance and the Bengals should give him a look. I don't know much about him, and he's 28 and still a third stringer, but he had an impressive game in the preseason, with both his legs and his arm.
Reply/Quote
I would much rather have Greir on the PS than Simien. I was a fan of the Simien signing but it is apparent that he sucks now.
Reply/Quote
They needed to improve QB2, so hopefully he picks up the offense quickly and is able to do that soon.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 08:29 AM)Nepa Wrote: Some posters on this board were saying he would become available after the Cowboys traded for Trey Lance and the Bengals should give him a look. I don't know much about him, and he's 28 and still a third stringer, but he had an impressive game in the preseason, with both his legs and his arm.

Jake Browning had been a 3rd stringer most of his career and is still a backup at 27 years old.
It's not like Grier has no chance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 08:33 AM)Danimal Wrote: I would much rather have Greir on the PS than Simien.

This!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well, there is a real shot at QB2 here, but not so much in Dallas.

Both our backups are pretty mobile. I like the pickup.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:11 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, there is a real shot at QB2 here, but not so much in Dallas.

Both our backups are pretty mobile. I like the pickup.

I personally would have given a look at Bailey Zappe since he's younger and looked good in his playing time last year but when you're looking at QB2 and QB3 there's usually very little difference (unless paying for a high end back up). 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:21 AM)TheFan Wrote: I personally would have given a look at Bailey Zappe since he's younger and looked good in his playing time last year but when you're looking at QB2 and QB3 there's usually very little difference (unless paying for a high end back up). 

Not from the player's perspective. QB2 gets you on the 53 every time.  QB3 means Practice Squad, most places. Huge difference is salary. 
Reply/Quote
Not bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: I thought about you when he balled out the other night. I think this is a good development type pickup. Curious about your thoughts. I know he played well at WVU, but you've obviously seen more of him than the rest of us.

Dana Holgrosen was the Head Coach of WVU when Grier was the QB which means the very QB friendly air raid offense with alot of 2x2 and 3x1 sets. He was very good at dropping the ball in a bucket all over the field but because of the system he wasn't a timing throw QB. I haven't seen him play since his rookie year though. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Dana Holgrosen was the Head Coach of WVU when Grier was the QB which means the very QB friendly air raid offense with alot of 2x2 and 3x1 sets. He was very good at dropping the ball in a bucket all over the field but because of the system he wasn't a timing throw QB. I haven't seen him play since his rookie year though. 

Gotcha, I couldn't remember if Holgerson was still there or not. I just remembered him having some good years in Morgantown. Appreciate the insight. 

Regarding the other night, he obviously had a nice game, and was making some good throws (accurate ) However, it looked to me like he didn't have the best arm strength. Was that a fair observation, or am I off base? 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotcha, I couldn't remember if Holgerson was still there or not. I just remembered him having some good years in Morgantown. Appreciate the insight. 

Regarding the other night, he obviously had a nice game, and was making some good throws (accurate ) However, it looked to me like he didn't have the best arm strength. Was that a fair observation, or am I off base? 

Average arm talent yea. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I like Grier, watched him play a few times at WVU and he was really good. Had a good preseason game too unlike Siemian 
and could be better than Browning once he learns our system. Surprised we went and got a QB better than Sinnett. 

Surprised in a good way, good job FO.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Grier, watched him play a few times at WVU and he was really good. Had a good preseason game too unlike Siemian 
and could be better than Browning once he learns our system. Surprised we went and got a QB better than Sinnett. 

Surprised in a good way, good job FO.

Amen to all of the above! Like many I thought Trevor Siemian’s experience would win the day but he underwhelmed in preseason and I give mad props to Zac Taylor and Duke Tobin for “cutting bait” on Siemian. Jake Browning was better — not saying much here — but signing Will Grier is very smart.

If Joe Burrow didn’t have his calf injury I would be less worried about the quarterback position in Cincinnati but Grier’s skill sets seem to be closer to Burrow than what Browning brings to the table. At least Grier can throw the ball accurately downfield.

The Bengals’ playbook is too high powered to use a subpar quarterback to run it.
Reply/Quote