Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals allowing "easy completions"
(10-02-2018, 03:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals will have to play good defense eventually do get where we need to go.

Bengals opponents left on schedule have a combined record is 24-18-4.

But remove steelers and Browns it becomes 20-12 with only the Raiders having a losing year so far.

Do not think anybody believes the steelers or Browns will be gimmes ?

20-12, plus steelers and Browns equal a quite formidable schedule left to play.

Got faith Bengals will get it done because we too are very formidable as well.

Yet we have our work cut out for us and must play better defense.

I hope nobody thinks the Steelers are gimmes.  I will assume we lose against the Steelers every time we play them until something happens to convince me otherwise.  Like maybe a split and a sweep in back to back years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most people here know that NFL passing numbers increased significantly from 2005 (80.1 rating, 203.5 yds per game) through 2015 (90.2, 243.8) but most probably don't realized that each of the last two seasons passer rating and yards per game declined.  Last year the league averages were 86.9 and 224.4.  This made me think that the passing game had reached its high water mark and was leveling off.

Boy was I wrong

People say our pass defense is horrible because we are allowing a passer rating of almost 100 (99.2) but there are THIRTEEN other teams that are allowing a passer rating over 100.  People complain about us giving up too many "easy completions" and our 67.3 looks pretty bad, but there are 11 teams that are worse.  Six teams are allowing over 70% completion rates.  OBs playing Tampa Bay have completed almost 80% of their passes (121-157, 77.1%).

Passing numbers are off the chart.  Trubisky has a passer rating over 100 and he can't even crack the top ten.  It took 10 years for the league passer rating to creep up 10 points from 80.1 in '05 to 90.2 in '15.  This year it has jumped to 94.7.  

Six QBs have ratings of 110+.  Over the previous decade only 8 QBs had accomplished that.

Seven QBs are on pace to throw 40 tds this year.  Over the previous decade only 5 QBs had accomplished that.

Well thats still the bottom half of the league so what your point here? Are you insinuating that ua fans are wrong about them giving up easy check downs? I get the meta now is passing more than ever, but being ranked in the bottom is no achievement. They can do better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote