Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Dalvin Cook
The Bengals I believe are through spending money. They are holding out hope Tee wants to take a fair deal. He’s not a #1 receiver on any team except a bad one.. But they will wait it out. Both sides want it to happen. Not spreading any false hope here. Likely won’t work out. But they are done at RB.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 12:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals I believe are through spending money. They are holding out hope Tee wants to take a fair deal. He’s not a #1 receiver on any team except a bad one.. But they will wait it out. Both sides want it to happen. Not spreading any false hope here. Likely won’t work out. But they are done at RB.

That last sentence is a bit disturbing. I get not doling out big money on a free agent rb. But there will probably be decent rbs cut before, during and after camp that could be an upgrade over what we have while not costing much over what is currently being spent on the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 03:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hell, we could use Cedric Peerman right now.  

Last year was bad for Cook, and he may just be used up.  But given the current state of the RB room, it's worth a shot.  He had 1100+ yards rushing and 8 TD'S in '22.

Agree, after Zack Moss and Chase Brown our RB room is Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans. Nothing to write home about.

(06-01-2024, 04:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: His feet were like cinder blocks. I can’t believe how quickly he seemed to fall off.

Didn't get to watch Dalvin last year, that doesn't sound good. He might be used up as Whatever said. Was a very good back early in his career
with the Vikings. He could do it all and pass block but if he is spent we should look elsewhere.

(06-01-2024, 07:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Moss also does not have the wear and tear Cook does. He becomes 28 in 2025. 

True, we got younger and fresher at RB with the Mixon trade and adding Moss. Still think we could easily upgrade behind him and Brown tho.
Reply/Quote
I just want to see a receiving back in Cincy with Joe Burrow hopefully Chase Brown can take on that role.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:17 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That last sentence is a bit disturbing. I get not doling out big money on a free agent rb. But there will probably be decent rbs cut before, during and after camp that could be an upgrade over what we have while not costing much over what is currently being spent on the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalvin Cook money no. But they feel good about the RB room. They are trying not to position themselves out of signing Tee. Even if unlikely they don’t want to be handcuffed in any shape or form if a deal becomes possible. They aren’t going to be hasty.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: I just want to see a receiving back in Cincy with Joe Burrow hopefully Chase Brown can take on that role.

Unfortunately Chase is not a third down back generally. He’s great on screens. I expect a lot of Drew Sample on third down and long. It will give them 6 to block 4 or 5.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: I just want to see a receiving back in Cincy with Joe Burrow hopefully Chase Brown can take on that role.

Yes, need to use the RB's in the passing game since Burrow likes to pass so much. It can be an extension of the running game.

Both Chase Brown and Zack Moss are pretty proficient catching the ball out of the backfield. So is Chris Evans but for some reason we don't use him.

Trayveon can catch as well. Mixon was a very good pass catching RB and he was secure with the ball. 

We will see how we are in these areas with him moving on.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Unfortunately Chase is not a third down back generally. He’s great on screens. I expect a lot of Drew Sample on third down and long. It will give them 6 to block 4 or 5.

I don't see Drew Sample catching 2 or 3 quick passes (6 to 8 ypc) in 2 minute situations. 

We like to compare Joey B to Tom Brady because they are both cerebral timing based passers but one advantage Tom always had was excellent receiving running backs. Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, James White.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't see Drew Sample catching 2 or 3 quick passes (6 to 8 ypc) in 2 minute situations. 

We like to compare Joey B to Tom Brady because they are both cerebral timing based passers but one advantage Tom always had was excellent receiving running backs. Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, James White.

I don’t see him as a receiver from the backfield. I see him on third and long for protection like they did last year and will be used more this year IMO.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 06:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I was just looking at the free agents. I think the options are slim right now. Thus, why they probably just role with Moss/Brown and who wins the third RB spot.

Watch the cuts before season, but point is we need a power back not more of the same..
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't see Drew Sample catching 2 or 3 quick passes (6 to 8 ypc) in 2 minute situations. 

So true.   those are lower risk plays; safe  yards, and  more likely to keep JB clean.  Ive always felt that a proficient  running game and screen game would boost the hit-rate on the shot plays over the top.   
Reply/Quote
I’m very happy with Chase Brown and Zach Moss.

I don’t think there is room for Cook and he’s getting old.
I would certainly change my tune if Chase or Zach gets injured.

I’m expecting a great year from Brown and Moss.
Reply/Quote
I think most teams' RB rooms fall off after RB1+2. I don't think we're in any worse shape than most pass-first offenses currently in the league. I would have liked a bruiser to compliment what we have at RB1+2 but ZM should do just fine in short yardage situations provided our run blocking on the offensive line is improved.

Maybe they add a young guy who gets cut this preseason. Maybe one of our UDFAs takes Evans spot with a stellar TC + preseason. Maybe Evans finally gets outta the doghouse.

I think we'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:43 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think most teams' RB rooms fall off after RB1+2. I don't think we're in any worse shape than most pass-first offenses currently in the league. I would have liked a bruiser to compliment what we have at RB1+2 but ZM should do just fine in short yardage situations provided our run blocking on the offensive line is improved.

Maybe they add a young guy who gets cut this preseason. Maybe one of our UDFAs takes Evans spot with a stellar TC + preseason. Maybe Evans finally gets outta the doghouse.

I think we'll be fine.

I prefer a young back for 3rd string to develop behind Moss.

Doesn’t make sense to pay Cook his worth unless we are bare bones at 1 and 2.

Moss is proven and Chase Brown has sky high potential from what I’ve seen and what he did in college.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:43 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think most teams' RB rooms fall off after RB1+2. I don't think we're in any worse shape than most pass-first offenses currently in the league. I would have liked a bruiser to compliment what we have at RB1+2 but ZM should do just fine in short yardage situations provided our run blocking on the offensive line is improved.

I think we'll be fine.

NFL is all about opportunity. There are teams that certainly have had/do have better depth at RB than the Bengals. Ravens/Browns can always throw multiple backs at you when one goes down and be very productive. 
Reply/Quote
Bring him in. If nothing else he's...

1) A camp body - less wear and tear on our regulars
2) Has a lot of experience
3) Is a possibility if there are injuries
4) Could be a practice squad dude
5) Could be a gem in our system vs. the Jets
6) There's little down side
7) Probably going to be very cheap
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 11:48 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Bring him in. If nothing else he's...

1) A camp body - less wear and tear on our regulars
2) Has a lot of experience
3) Is a possibility if there are injuries
4) Could be a practice squad dude
5) Could be a gem in our system vs. the Jets
6) There's little down side
7) Probably going to be very cheap

Don’t know what it would take. Likely more than feasible. But they want to have 3 RB on the roster for Gameday and possibly Chris Evans for special teams. They’ve made their decisions in the position group. Signing Williams indicated that. I expect they aren’t spending as they are saving money for the highly unlikely chance we sign Higgins.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 07:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You don't need 320 carries in a year to make a judgement on a RB.

First off there have only been 3 players with seasons of 320+ carries in the entire NFL in the last 5 years. Secondly, that's a very "Bernard Scott should be our #1 RB" thought process.

a "Bernard should be our RB" thought process is funny! LOL 

Wise guy eh?
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
While I think Cook is an upgrade over the likes of Chris Evans or maybe Trayveon Williams, I can't see the Bengals overly appealing to him unless he's ok taking low money and sharing playing time in favor of chasing a ring.
Bengals won't sideline Chase Brown and Zack Moss to make Dalvin Cook a bellcow.
And Bengals won't shell out good money for a RBBC guy, especially after already giving money out to Moss.

If Cook would be ok taking like $2 mill and about around 100 carries, then great.
But I think he'd personally do better waiting until a RB injury happens for a team and they need a more full-time guy to take over for the year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You talking Cedric Benson? Because yeah, we could use that right about now. Mellow

man that game they had against the bears....  perfection
Reply/Quote