Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Flu Shot Vaccine
We all know the flu will be upon us soon, we also know there is a bad virus on a collision course with both the flu season and pneumonia.

No virus vaccine yet, but I read only 55% of the general public get the flu vaccine. I know I have not in over 30 years due to a bad reaction. Does anyone know if the athletes are required or strongly asked to get a flu and a pneumonia vaccine (2 different vaccines)? I hope so for so many reasons.

FYI...the flu vaccine is 100% at CVS and available now, I believe also free at other pharmacies. I just got mine 3 days ago, no poor reaction, just a little soreness in my arm that is almost gone. I urge everyone to get a free flu vaccine in next few weeks as flu season is upon us and a collision with the virus could be deadly. We need our team and our fans healthy when we lift the Lombardi.

2 weeks until Bengals play, I can't wait to see some Joe Burrow Bengal football. How about you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We all know the flu will be upon us soon, we also know there is a bad virus on a collision course with both the flu season and pneumonia.

No virus vaccine yet, but I read only 55% of the general public get the flu vaccine. I know I have not in over 30 years due to a bad reaction. Does anyone know if the athletes are required or strongly asked to get a flu and a pneumonia vaccine (2 different vaccines)? I hope so for so many reasons.

FYI...the flu vaccine is 100% at CVS and available now, I believe also free at other pharmacies.  I just got mine 3 days ago, no poor reaction, just a little soreness in my arm that is almost gone. I urge everyone to get a free flu vaccine in next few weeks as flu season is upon us and a collision with the virus could be deadly. We need our team and our fans healthy when we lift the Lombardi.

2 weeks until Bengals play, I can't wait to see some Joe Burrow Bengal football. How about you?

I have no idea if the players are required to get the flu vaccine, I know I never have got it and am healthy when flu season 
comes around. I don't work around a lot of people but if I am I stay home if I am sick which I am rarely with the natural 
medicines I take. We make a juice for the morning and I drink a lot of tea with all kinds of ingredients that are great for 
your immune system.

I don't take vaccines and won't take the Zombie virus one either. Gonna build my immunity as I think I have already had it.

So excited for this season with Burrow and the hopefully new and improved D. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We all know the flu will be upon us soon, we also know there is a bad virus on a collision course with both the flu season and pneumonia.

FYI...the flu vaccine is 100% at CVS and available now, I believe also free at other pharmacies.  I just got mine 3 days ago, no poor reaction, just a little soreness in my arm that is almost gone. I urge everyone to get a free flu vaccine in next few weeks as flu season is upon us and a collision with the virus could be deadly. We need our team and our fans healthy when we lift the Lombardi.

I've never had a flu shot and don't intend to start getting one now. I've had the flu twice in the last 20+ years, so it's a rare occurrence. With the social distancing and masks and hand washing that's going on it will be less of a situation this year.

I'm not a fan of forcing people to get shots. It's a personal choice.

Reply/Quote
I don’t get flu shots as they give me a 6 month long cold every time I tried. I would rather just take the one week of hell the flu gives me.

As for the team, there has been no requirement in the past. I recall several instances of multiple key players getting the flu during the week of key games.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 11:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I've never had a flu shot and don't intend to start getting one now. I've had the flu twice in the last 20+ years, so it's a rare occurrence. With the social distancing and masks and hand washing that's going on it will be less of a situation this year.

I'm not a fan of forcing people to get shots. It's a personal choice.

No one is forcing anyone, I am all about free choice. I wear a mask, but a free choice option for anyone regardless what a politician tells us. I bring it up as those calling to force people to wear a mask in many cases say no problem, get the flu with Covid and possibly kill someone while stating opposite view wearing a mask.

Both are individual options. I just think we talk about prevention and the experts virus could get more deadly during flu season, but not if more people get a flu shot.

I have to be honest, I had no idea the number of flu deaths in the US every year.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No one is forcing anyone, I am all about free choice. I wear a mask, but a free choice option for anyone regardless what a politician tells us. I bring it up as those calling to force people to wear a mask in many cases say no problem, get the flu with Covid and possibly kill someone while stating opposite view wearing a mask.

Both are individual options. I just think we talk about prevention and the experts virus could get more deadly during flu season, but not if more people get a flu shot.

I have to be honest, I had no idea the number of flu deaths in the US every year.

If you wear a mask and social distance and wash your hands, the chances of you catching the flu or covid are diminished greatly.

We take great precautions here and sanitize our house daily and office twice a day and cars after each use. No one's getting sick, no colds, nothing. I've never cleaned so much in my life, but it's paid off so far.

If you don't catch it, you can't spread it. Catching it or not catching it has more to do with what you do than what other people do. You can control what you do.

Reply/Quote
Once the govt decided to not make vaccine makers liable, i bailed out. I would if ppl were
dropping like flies. I may takw the shingles one when i get there.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 05:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Once the govt decided to not make vaccine makers liable, i bailed out. I would if ppl were
dropping like flies.  I may takw the shingles one when i get there.

I did not know the shingles was a one time vaccine. So, hopefully works for wife and me, it messed my brother up for a very long time.

I hope everyone understands my intent, I know young kids that dies from the flu who were not vaccinated. My intent is to help us all stay healthy and if a vaccine in some small way helps us avoid death, I am a;; for it. I don;t work for a drug company of CVS, just an average guy who wants the economy to stay open and people feel safer.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 05:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Once the govt decided to not make vaccine makers liable, i bailed out. I would if ppl were
dropping like flies.  I may takw the shingles one when i get there.

My mom got the shingles, that is some bad shit. Yeah, if there is one I would take it would be to stop that from happening to me.

Damn, that stuff is rough.
Reply/Quote
All this flu talk has me pumped for our first thread of the season where we argue about the Bengals not having an indoor practice facility.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 06:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All this flu talk has me pumped for our first thread of the season where we argue about the Bengals not having an indoor practice facility.

lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My mom got the shingles, that is some bad shit. Yeah, if there is one I would take it would be to stop that from happening to me.

Damn, that stuff is rough.

Had Shingles as a kid.... still remember that misery and I think I only had a small case of it.

I think I barely got the Chicken pox which is why I got it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 07:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Had Shingles as a kid.... still remember that misery and I think I only had a small case of it.

I think I barely got the Chicken pox which is why I got it.

Sorry, that stuff is the worst stuff I have seen. Can turn you into something you don't want to look at in the mirror lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don’t get flu shots as they give me a 6 month long cold every time I tried.  I would rather just take the one week of hell the flu gives me.

As for the team, there has been no requirement in the past.  I recall several instances of multiple key players getting the flu during the week of key games.

You cant get a virus from a flu shot lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 01:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If you wear a mask and social distance and wash your hands, the chances of you catching the flu or covid are diminished greatly.

We take great precautions here and sanitize our house daily and office twice a day and cars after each use. No one's getting sick, no colds, nothing. I've never cleaned so much in my life, but it's paid off so far.

If you don't catch it, you can't spread it. Catching it or not catching it has more to do with what you do than what other people do. You can control what you do.

Yeah, lot's of people are doing this. The downside, is the whole time you are doing this your immune system is getting weaker. We need to be exposed to germs, etc., to remain healthy in the long run.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don’t get flu shots as they give me a 6 month long cold every time I tried.  I would rather just take the one week of hell the flu gives me.

As for the team, there has been no requirement in the past.  I recall several instances of multiple key players getting the flu during the week of key games.

The flu shot is a crap shoot, as it's not one thing. They take a best guess which flu will be the strongest in the coming season, and that's the variety of vaccine you get. If they miss their guess, it is ineffective. If they hit on it, then it works.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The flu shot is a crap shoot, as it's not one thing. They take a best guess which flu will be the strongest in the coming season, and that's the variety of vaccine you get. If they miss their guess, it is ineffective. If they hit on it, then it works.

So you are saying it is like the draft each season.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:56 AM)Mobster Wrote: You cant get a virus from a flu shot lol

Let me rephrase that. I get cold like symptoms for 6 months. Better.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The flu shot is a crap shoot, as it's not one thing. They take a best guess which flu will be the strongest in the coming season, and that's the variety of vaccine you get. If they miss their guess, it is ineffective. If they hit on it, then it works.

Yup. I once worked in a restaurant with a woman who made them. She was working at the restaurant because she had made an error, and that years batch was worthless as a result. Her career was over as a result.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 10:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you are saying it is like the draft each season.

Exactly!
Reply/Quote