Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals and The AFC North
Well known weakness. Do Bengals have best Offensive Line in AFC North ? That is a NO

A considered strength. Do Bengals have best Running Back or Running Backs in AFC North ? Good chance, NO

Do Bengals have best Quarterback in AFC North ? At this point, NO.

Do Bengals have best Defense in AFC North ? That is a huge NO

Do Bengals have best TE and WR's in AFC North ? Yes, they could have, but they have to prove it on the field.

Do Bengals have best Coaches in AFC North ? So far, that is a NO

Do Bengals have best Front Office Ownership in AFC North ? No play-off wins since Paul Brown died screams NO

So where are the Bengals in AFC North ? In the early stages of a Complete Rebuild of NEW DEY

A complete rebuild of last years of Marvin Lewis and Semi-GM Tobin who also shares the blame

Last Place Bengals have not been competitive since 2015.

Now how do I rate the Fans. Pretty good considering the 30 year no play-off wins, the awful 1990's into early 2000's. and the awful last 5 or 6 seasons. Ownership is Lucky they still have Fans. So I rate The Fans still here as pretty darn good.

Now, Can This Team Get Better ? In the end it depends on how much Ownership cares. If Ownership doesn't care, if they are content to make money off a last place team, then NO. However, if that is their real attitude, they should remove their Father and Grandfathers name from the Stadium. The name Paul Brown should not be connected to Losing or Content With Losing. The fact that Paul Brown Stadium has NEVER had a team win a play-off game is an insult to the name Paul Brown. If his children and grandchildren don't see how much this is an insult to the legacy of Paul Brown, then they are hopeless. If they are going to call it Paul Brown Stadium, after the best coach in Ohio football history, then either focus on winning, or take his name off the stadium. Paul Brown should not be a name used by a team that doesn't care about winning.

To Bengals Ownership, I say get with it or sell the team. The NFL is set up for parity. That you have gone 30 years with no play-off wins and also in that time led the NFL in 3 or 4 win only seasons is an insult to Paul Brown who you inherited the team from. The Fans deserve better. Ownership, get with it or sell the team, Enough is Enough. One real test is if you do not resign Bates this summer. If you can't resign one of the best young Defensive players in the NFL, then you don't intend to keep good draft picks or rebuild this team into a winner, and so just sell the team to someone who DOES want to WIN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Interesting point about Quarterback. Burrow hasn't had a full season yet, and the dirtbag in Pissburgh is a HOFer. However, the past is the past and the future is the future. So going forward from this point, who would you pick for the Bengals to be QB this year in what order? Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield or Pig Ben?  Myself, I would pick Burrow every time over any of them. Ben is just getting older and older, Mayfield just does not impress me that much, Lamar has great run ability but average passing ability. Burrow had an impressive first season all things considered. He is the future of the AFCN. My order would be Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield and Ben is last.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Interesting point about Quarterback. Burrow hasn't had a full season yet, and the dirtbag in Pissburgh is a HOFer. However, the past is the past and the future is the future. So going forward from this point, who would you pick for the Bengals to be QB this year in what order? Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield or Pig Ben?  Myself, I would pick Burrow every time over any of them. Ben is just getting older and older, Mayfield just does not impress me that much, Lamar has great run ability but average passing ability. Burrow had an impressive first season all things considered. He is the future of the AFCN. My order would be Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield and Ben is last.

Lamar's a former MVP. He's the best QB in the division til further notice. I do get your point about Burrow though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The North is extremely loaded this year.
The other 3-North QBs have won playoff games.
2 of the 3 QBs still have room to even get better.
Ravens and Browns have drafted really well over the paat
3 years.
The Browns are the most complete team top to bottom
Stars on both sides of the ball
Best oline in the NFL

The Ravens are trying to make LJ into a pocket passer
New,faces at WR.
Defense has question marks pass rush wise

The Steelers are banking alot on Big Ben to stay healthy
Their oline is in overhaul
Their defense is quietly racking up mileage on it

The Bengals can compete with the Norith.
It all comes down to coaching and health.
So far though the Bengals,have worst coaching staff
Anong the 4 teams
Thats the cavet
Can the coaching staff acrually evolve and make intelligent
Desicions on Sunday?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Interesting point about Quarterback. Burrow hasn't had a full season yet, and the dirtbag in Pissburgh is a HOFer. However, the past is the past and the future is the future. So going forward from this point, who would you pick for the Bengals to be QB this year in what order? Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield or Pig Ben?  Myself, I would pick Burrow every time over any of them. Ben is just getting older and older, Mayfield just does not impress me that much, Lamar has great run ability but average passing ability. Burrow had an impressive first season all things considered. He is the future of the AFCN. My order would be Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield and Ben is last.

I'll pick Burrow, but I also realize that Jackson and Mayfield have better looking resumes at the moment.  Ben being "done" has been said in these parts for a decade or so, but now Steeler fans are lamenting his being their starter so I'd say that tide may finally have turned.

I could see Burrow being better than Jackson and Mayfield, but I also realize if/when Burrow has an MVP and/or a big playoff win under his belt we wouldn't DARE place any new QB, no matter how talented, above him.  Fair is fair, and all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Burrow is no way the best QB coming into this year by last year standards.. Mayfield had a better rookie year than Burrow.. Burrow had the yards yes but when you look at how many passes he throw and the lack of TDS, he still has to move the bar this year to move up the QB ladder.  Like it or not Jackson still is the QB that gives Defenses fits... Mayfield, Ben or Burrow does not give defenses the same issues that Jackson does...
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 02:28 PM)jason Wrote: Lamar's a former MVP. He's the best QB in the division til further notice. I do get your point about Burrow though.

Joe Burrow MAY become an NFL great someday but to put him anywhere above third above Baker Mayfield in the AFC North RIGHT NOW is nuts. Pig Pen has won two Super Bowls. Burrow has won two games.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 09:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow MAY become an NFL great someday but to put him anywhere above third above Baker Mayfield in the AFC North RIGHT NOW is nuts. Pig Pen has won two Super Bowls. Burrow has won two games.

Did you actually watch Ben towards the end of last year? He’s absolutely the worst QB in the division at this point.

Reply/Quote
Maybe I am the only one but I think the Bengals are making significant strides in changing their team and culture.
They are also investing in the Fan's Stadium experience adding the Ring of Honor is one of many things they are working on.

As for Joe Burrow. There is not one QB in this league that I would want over Burrow.
Baker was about to be unsigned until they came up with a great offensive line that could run the ball.
It makes him look so much better. Lamar Jackson is a great runner but he is too one dimensional. I would hate to be a WR with hm as my QB.
Ben is a good QB but is losing out to father time.

Baker and Lamar are not good enough QB's to be the difference when 2 great teams play fo rth Conference title and/or Super Bowl.
Lamar will fill up a stat sheet with running yardage but he is lacking the "it" factor that a Joe Burrow has.

Step away from the edge and sit back and enjoy what I think will be a great season for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 10:50 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Maybe I am the only one but I think the Bengals are making significant strides in changing their team and culture.
They are also investing in the Fan's Stadium experience adding the Ring of Honor is one of many things they are working on.

As for Joe Burrow. There is not one QB in this league that I would want over Burrow.
Baker was about to be unsigned until they came up with a great offensive line that could run the ball.
It makes him look so much better. Lamar Jackson is a great runner but he is too one dimensional. I would hate to be a WR with hm as my QB.
Ben is a good QB but is losing out to father time.

Baker and Lamar are not good enough QB's to be the difference when 2 great teams play fo rth Conference title and/or Super Bowl.
Lamar will fill up a stat sheet with running yardage but he is lacking the "it" factor that a Joe Burrow has.

Step away from the edge and sit back and enjoy what I think will be a great season for the Bengals.

Statements like this are hard to take seriously. Anyone that wouldn’t take Mahomes over Burrow either doesn’t watch football outside of the Bengals, or has overdosed on orange koolaid. I mean, there’s being a homer, and then there’s just being ridiculous…

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Statements like this are hard to take seriously. Anyone that wouldn’t take Mahomes over Burrow either doesn’t watch football outside of the Bengals, or has overdosed on orange koolaid. I mean, there’s being a homer, and then there’s just being ridiculous…

I was talking about the AFC North. That is why I only mentioned Mayfield, Jackson and Big Ben.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 10:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you actually watch Ben towards the end of last year? He’s absolutely the worst QB in the division at this point.

I'm with the talking head, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Big Jen isn't riding the pine before this season is over.

I'm not convinced Baker Hayfield is all of that either.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 11:31 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I was talking about the AFC North. That is why I only mentioned Mayfield, Jackson and Big Ben.

Well, you said league, not division, hence the confusion. Plus, given your posting history it didn’t seem that out of place.

Reply/Quote
If we are only talking about one year I would definitely choose Jackson. Especially with his mobility and our O-line being a question mark still.

Agree with others that Ben is declining quickly and a d-bag to top it off. Yet back in the day I would have choose this punk.

Although Baker has put up numbers just not a fan of that d-bag either and believe his success is more about the team around him rather than himself being great.

But if its for the long haul from this point forward then I want Burrow out of the 4 AFC QB's 100% of the time. This is from someone who was very vocal about wanting the Bengals to draft Super Lamario as well and still a big fan of his.

Just believe Burrows future is the brightest if Bengals can protect him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 10:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you actually watch Ben towards the end of last year? He’s absolutely the worst QB in the division at this point.

and its a pleasure to watch

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 01:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If we are only talking about one year I would definitely choose Jackson. Especially with his mobility and our O-line being a question mark still.

Agree with others that Ben is declining quickly and a d-bag to top it off.  Yet back in the day I would have choose this punk.

Although Baker has put up numbers just not a fan of that d-bag either and believe his success is more about the team around him rather than himself being great.

But if its for the long haul from this point forward then I want Burrow out of the 4 AFC QB's 100% of the time. This is from someone who was very vocal about wanting the Bengals to draft Super Lamario as well and still a big fan of his.  

Just believe Burrows future is the brightest if Bengals can protect him.

I been saying this since last year. Still not sold baker is a good qb. To be honest not sold on the browns getting back to the playoffs, they finally had a good year last year but I wouldn't bet on that again even though on paper they look good. 

I like Lamar but won't take him over burrow, the right D coordinator shuts him down completely. Lou even shut him down 1 game last year and we already know what happens when they play the cheifs...disappearing act.

Ben...no just no. Good past, but he's done going forward. 

I would take burrow going forward over anyone in the league outside of Mahomes. 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 01:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: and its a pleasure to watch

Indeed.

[Image: Thumb-35-scaled.jpg]

[Image: sad-ben.jpeg?w=975]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 09:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow MAY become an NFL great someday but to put him anywhere above third above Baker Mayfield in the AFC North RIGHT NOW is nuts.  Pig Pen has won two Super Bowls. Burrow has won two games.

As I said, the past is the past and the future is the future. What they did in their rookie year, or how many Super Bowls they won is irrelevant. We're not talking about who has had the best career to date, we are talking about which QB would you pick going from this day forward. I would not pick the guy at the end of his career, no matter how good that career was, he can hardly play now. Mayfield just does not impress me. So, for me it is Jackson or Burrow, and I would take the more accurate Burrow over Lamar, who I really like, just because Lamar is always one run away from being the next RGIII
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 12:31 PM)kevin Wrote: Do Bengals have best Quarterback in AFC North ?  At this point, NO.

Don't be afraid to tell it like it is...  you don't need the "At this point".

It is simply a NO. Let's face it, all of your no's are a no at this point.

I hope I got my point across.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 12:31 PM)kevin Wrote: Last Place Bengals have not been competitive since 2015.
Half a decade went by fast, sprinkled with some COVID along to go with it.  Sad
Reply/Quote