Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are facing Nick Mullens this week
Anyone know anything about him?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 11:35 AM)Trademark Wrote: Anyone know anything about him?

I think he beat us a while back as a rookie for niners if Im not mistaken?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 11:36 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I think he beat us a while back as a rookie for niners if Im not mistaken?

You’re definitely mistaken. We didn’t even play them his rookie year (2018), and the curbstomping SF gave us in 2019 was Jimmy G.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wasn't he the QB3 that started the whole "Shanahan can use ANYONE at QB" thing back when Shanahan started w San Francisco?
Reply/Quote
Sunday star WR Jefferson reinjured himself early in the game. That is huge because in 2022 Jefferson was easily the most productive WR in the NFL. Vikings also lost their starting QB and were going with Dobbs who did OK a coupe games. Since then Dobbs has been bad and Vikings considering benching him. That finally happened in Sundays game as he could not complete any passes. In 2nd half Dobbs was benched. Vikings went to now a 3rd QB and the Vikings vs Raiders game ended 3 to 0. Vikings hoped Jefferson back would help Dobbs, but Jefferson injured again very fast. I doubt Bengals see Dobbs Sunday because Vikings are sick of him. Vikings go to 3rd starting QB this season.

So Bengals don't have Burrow, but Vikings come into Cincinnati all messed up. To say they miss Jefferson and their starting quarterback is an under statement. Vikings can't complete any passes and score no points, and have no offense.

At least Browning, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon and others are moving the ball and scoring some points. Vikings against Raiders was worst scoring NFL game in decades, and it had nothing to do with weather in a domed stadium.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 11:52 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wasn't he the QB3 that started the whole "Shanahan can use ANYONE at QB" thing back when Shanahan started w San Francisco?

Mullens lost a lot of games in SF
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re definitely mistaken. We didn’t even play them his rookie year (2018), and the curbstomping SF gave us in 2019 was Jimmy G.

I watched that game in a sports bar 150 miles from home with a Bengals fan and a Browns fan. Up there with the loss to Mike White led Jets as one of the most frustrating losses that I've ever seen as a Bengals fan. I've never seen a team do so little in a blowout win. The Browns fan was laughing his ass off at how many last second dump offs went for 15-20 yards right up the middle with no broken tackles and no cuts or zig zagging. Back when the LBs were the worst in the league.

I think that they had two passes thrown over 15 yards in the air. One was a blown coverage, wide open TD that the receiver had to stop to come back to catch it because it was badly underthrown and the other was intercepted. Pretty much every other pass in the game was a quick hitter to a wide open TE, a dump off or a screen and it seemed like it was either 1st and 10 or 2nd and 3 or less for the 49ers for the entire game.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Nick has had some nice moments but has never been able to really put it together. This is good for Cincinnati. Also, before anyone comes in saying "Cincinnati is horrible against backup QBs, this is bad news!" I went ahead and aggregated the data for Cincinnati against backup QBs. Since 2010, backup QBs have thrown for 56 TDs and 52 INTs with a 55% completion percentage. This ends with a 69 passer rating. Backup QBs are historically awful against Cincinnati, we just don't remember those. We only remember the Mike White games.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 12:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Nick has had some nice moments but has never been able to really put it together. This is good for Cincinnati. Also, before anyone comes in saying "Cincinnati is horrible against backup QBs, this is bad news!" I went ahead and aggregated the data for Cincinnati against backup QBs. Since 2010, backup QBs have thrown for 56 TDs and 52 INTs with a 55% completion percentage. This ends with a 69 passer rating. Backup QBs are historically awful against Cincinnati, we just don't remember those. We only remember the Mike White games.

And the guy from Texans that owned us. Had like 4 wins in NFL career and 3 were vs. us. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 12:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the guy from Texans that owned us. Had like 4 wins in NFL career and 3 were vs. us. 

Oh god, Yates. Yeah, that dude had it out for Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 12:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the guy from Texans that owned us. Had like 4 wins in NFL career and 3 were vs. us. 

TJ Yates, but only 2 came against us (and 1 in the playoffs), of the 4 (5 if you include playoffs)

And if Mullens plays like crap or gets hurt, we'll be facing Dobbs again, just a heads up
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Vikings haven’t announced their starting QB yet

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looking for my humble hat to put on, ah,, there it is. They go into this game with a big head and they will get embarrassed. Everybody should know the drill by now, any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given day. They should win but better not take them lightly.
Reply/Quote
I think his dad played basketball for St. John's back in the day...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 11:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Sunday star WR Jefferson reinjured himself early in the game.  That is huge because in 2022 Jefferson was easily the most productive WR in the NFL. Vikings also lost their starting QB and were going with Dobbs who did OK a coupe games.  Since then Dobbs has been bad and Vikings considering benching him.  That finally happened in Sundays game as he could not complete any passes. In 2nd half Dobbs was benched.  Vikings went to now a 3rd QB and the Vikings vs Raiders game ended 3 to 0.  Vikings hoped Jefferson back would help Dobbs, but Jefferson injured again very fast.  I doubt Bengals see Dobbs Sunday because Vikings are sick of him. Vikings go to 3rd starting QB this season.

So Bengals don't have Burrow, but Vikings come into Cincinnati all messed up.  To say they miss Jefferson and their starting quarterback is an under statement.  Vikings can't complete any passes and score no points, and have no offense.

At least Browning, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon and others are moving the ball and scoring some points. Vikings against Raiders was worst scoring NFL game in decades, and it had nothing to do with weather in a domed stadium.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

What scares me about this one is a Saturday game, so this will be back to back short weeks with the Monday nighter going deep into OT.  Fatigue will definitely be something to watch out for.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think his dad played basketball for St. John's back in the day...

Silky ass jump shot...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: What scares me about this one is a Saturday game, so this will be back to back short weeks with the Monday nighter going deep into OT.  Fatigue will definitely be something to watch out for.

Playing in that intense, nearly scoreless game was likely very emotionally draining for the Vikings, they may be primed for a let down.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: Silky ass jump shot...

Maaaaan, i hated that dude and that team. Hoya paranoia baby!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: What scares me about this one is a Saturday game, so this will be back to back short weeks with the Monday nighter going deep into OT.  Fatigue will definitely be something to watch out for.

The DL rotation will be huge. Glad the young ones are stepping up.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Is Justin Jefferson playing?  He left the Raiders game to get his ribs X-Rayed from getting them cracked when Dobbs hung him out to dry. Reportedly, Jefferson said he won't catch another pass from Dobbs.

Jefferson injured vs. Raiders

Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote