Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are who they are
This team cannot win under the bright lights or beat the Steelers. At this point, just hope we lose the rest of our games and get a top 5 pick; and get rid of Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Too many penalties, dumb plays by players and no halftime adjustments. No need to worry they wont win with Lewis. Crazy putting up with this Lewis for 15 seasons. This organization is the joke of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:13 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This team cannot win under the bright lights or beat the Steelers. At this point, just hope we lose the rest of our games and get a top 5 pick; and get rid of Marvin.

I sat here tonight and said to myself - "give me a coach and QB with some ***** BALLS"

3rd and 2 game on the line and Dalton takes a sack.

I don't give a shit who it is, but lets bring in a QB and OC that can get the job done.  We are running shotgun pretty much most of the time now, so it shouldn't be that damn hard to find a good college QB.

Give me any of the following:

Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson

Jackson worries me a little, but he would really scare the shit out of some defenses .
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:20 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I sat here tonight and said to myself - "give me a coach and QB with some ***** BALLS"

I don't give a shit who it is, but lets bring in a QB and OC that can get the job done.  We are running shotgun pretty much most of the time now, so it shouldn't be that damn hard to find a good college QB.

Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson

Jackson worries me a little, but he would really scare the shit out of some defenses .

I think Mayfield is the type of player that would rejuvenate this offense.  I'll take Jackson as well.....in the end we need a new QB/Coach combo, completely agree.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:13 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This team cannot win under the bright lights or beat the Steelers. At this point, just hope we lose the rest of our games and get a top 5 pick; and get rid of Marvin.

After a horribly call game like this and years of thinking the same thing can you not think maybe just maybe the refs AT LEAST in Steelers games are bullshit?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:21 AM)Synric Wrote: After a horribly call game like this and years of thinking the same thing can you not think maybe just maybe the refs AT LEAST in Steelers games are bullshit?

The referees sucked today but this has been going on for 15 years. This team stinks under the bright lights and against the steelers.
Reply/Quote
Rooting for the Bengals to beat the Steelers is only slightly more rewarding than rooting for Wile E. Coyote to catch the Roadrunner. I've wasted years doing both, so I know.
Reply/Quote
Dalton was exceptional tonight. We had numerous critical drops and the 3rd TD to Green was taken away on a flat out BS call. That would've put the game on ice.

Tonight provided no ammo for Dalton haters or even Marvin haters like myself. The team played with fire and discipline. We outrushed them, outpassed them, did better than them on 3rd downs and even won the turnover battle.

If you want to pin blame, look no further than 13 penalties for a ridiculous 173 yards. We. Got. Hosed. And I'm not one to always say that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Oh my god please no Baker Mayfield. Why do we want Johnny Manziel 2.0 so bad? All we do is complain about how classless the Steelers are, and then we want to draft the guy who was grabbing his junk and refuses to shake hands with another team?

There are much better picks, and bigger positions of need.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:20 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I sat here tonight and said to myself - "give me a coach and QB with some ***** BALLS"

Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson

Dalton could have walked for 5 yards on that play, the hole was huge!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton was exceptional tonight. We had numerous critical drops and the 3rd TD to Green was taken away on a flat out BS call. That would've put the game on ice.

Tonight provided no ammo for Dalton haters or even Marvin haters like myself. The team played with fire and discipline. We outrushed them, outpassed them, did better than them on 3rd downs and even won the turnover battle.

If you want to pin blame, look no further than 13 penalties for a ridiculous 173 yards. We. Got. Hosed. And I'm not one to always say that.

Well said.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
You know Johnny Bench has said when the Big Red Machine was down by a run or two in the 7th or 8th, the Machine knew they were going to come back and win. They were winners with a winning mindset. The Steelers expect to beat the Bengals and most the time they do.

This whole organization is a modern day tragedy. Losers from Mike Brown down. Losers with a losing mindset, that expects to lose. If Marvin is fired, it will make Us feel better in the short term, but know this, Mike Brown WILL be a loser to the day he dies.
Reply/Quote

Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson

Andy wasn't the problem tonight.  That play sucked but he played well.  Horrible penalties, discipline, drops, etc.

I'm gonna ween myself off the bengals and try to skip watching any of their games the rest of the way
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton was exceptional tonight. We had numerous critical drops and the 3rd TD to Green was taken away on a flat out BS call. That would've put the game on ice.

See, you pretty much took my thoughts on Dalton, but came up with a different conclusion.

Sure, he has some nice plays, but he misses easy throws.  Yes, AJ had some drops that cost us and the penalty on the TD was HORRIBLE,

However,

When we need it the most, when the game is on the line, Andy shrinks and can't make a play.  3rd and 2 was typical Dalton.  In the first half he tucks the ball and runs and picks up the first down, but with the game on the line, he doesn't see the field and he gets sacked.

He's just never going to be the guy to get you the big plays in the clutch.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:21 AM)Synric Wrote: After a horribly call game like this and years of thinking the same thing can you not think maybe just maybe the refs AT LEAST in Steelers games are bullshit?

Refs didn't push Ben from behind well after the ball was out.

Refs didn't elect to not tackle Bell running down the sideline

Refs didn't commit blatant defensive PI calls.

Refs didn't take a sack on 3rd and 2 when the QB needs to nut up and run for it.

Refs didnt drop a routine catch on a potential game winning drive.

The refs did us no favors in this one, but they weren't the reason we lost.

As to the OP, completely agree. This team will go nowhere with this coaching staff. They will continue to fold in the second half, they will continue to be undisciplined and make boneheaded plays.

Ideally, next year we have a completely new coaching staff. We'll have a high draft pick. I'd personally take O-Line, but if a new coach wants his own QB I'd be for it. I think Dalton has showed that he can be good enough. I really don't see this team as being THAT far off. With a competent coaching staff, and a better O-Line (and to be fair, the O-Line has actually played nicely and has been improving of late) this team would be right in the thick of things in a bad AFC conference.

Thank you Marvin Lewis for taking us out of the gutter. But you've taken us as far as you ever will. We need a coach that will help take the next step.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Andy wasn't the problem tonight.  That play sucked but he played well.  Horrible penalties, discipline, drops, etc.

I'm gonna ween myself off the bengals and try to skip watching any of their games the rest of the way

Eh, I've always defended Dalton but honestly I'm over it. 

Why should we settle for "wasn't the problem" at QB?

Fire Marvin and Bring in someone fresh to play QB. 

Maybe we can see what we have in Ross the next couple games since the season is over, unless of course Marvin still has him in his Doghouse.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:33 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: See, you pretty much took my thoughts on Dalton, but came up with a different conclusion.

Sure, he has some nice plays, but he misses easy throws.  Yes, AJ had some drops that cost us and the penalty on the TD was HORRIBLE,

However,

When we need it the most, when the game is on the line, Andy shrinks and can't make a play.  3rd and 2 was typical Dalton.  In the first half he tucks the ball and runs and picks up the first down, but with the game on the line, he doesn't see the field and he gets sacked.

He's just never going to be the guy to get you the big plays in the clutch.

He hit Green with a perfect pass in the clutch and AJ dropped it. If he catches that, the drive keeps going and who knows? I didn't see a choke job on Andy there, but I get that you see it differently. 

With that, I'm out for the night. I'm disgusted and feel we were robbed and getting into another Dalton debate isn't on my agenda.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's all on Marvin tonight. All the penalties, and stupid shit going on. I think the team likes him, but I don't think they fully respect him, nor does he know how to lead them.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
There was an illegal shift call against Uzomah when no one on the offensive moved.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He hit Green with a perfect pass in the clutch and AJ dropped it. If he catches that, the drive keeps going and who knows? I didn't see a choke job on Andy there, but I get that you see it differently. 

With that, I'm out for the night. I'm disgusted and feel we were robbed and getting into another Dalton debate isn't on my agenda.

I hear ya.  I don't think he "choked" but it seems like those plays are the norm for him when the game is on the line.

It just seems like when we need 1 play and we have no 2nd chance (like a 3rd down late in the game) he seems to always come up short.
Reply/Quote