Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals as underdog against Browns
Bengals are a big underdog this week (+8.5).

Over the last decade the Bengals have only been an underdog against the Browns 4 times.

Bengals have won all 4 of those games.
Reply/Quote
This will change today. I don’t see us pulling it off. We still stink in so many ways. I do hope we win by 30 points. The smug, cockiness of some of the Browns players is ridiculous. As someone else mentioned in another thread, they can’t handle success. I agree. Listening to Baker Mayfield last week disappointed me. I think this kid really believes he is the GOAT.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This will change today. I don’t see us pulling it off. We still stink in so many ways. I do hope we win by 30 points. The smug, cockiness of some of the Browns players is ridiculous. As someone else mentioned in another thread, they can’t handle success. I agree. Listening to Baker Mayfield last week disappointed me. I think this kid really believes he is the GOAT.

I agree.  No matter how much we want the Clowns to suffer.  It will be our team stinking up the field.

That D will be way too much for our PS offense to handle.

I will say that the Bengals seem to fight for Marvin/contracts/whatever no matter what our record is.

So that scrappy play might be a surprise especially seeing how flat they played the Browns last time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 03:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are a big underdog this week (+8.5).

Over the last decade the Bengals have only been an underdog against the Browns 4 times.

For the upcoming match later today, this means exactly nothing.

Reply/Quote
Being 9 point dogs to the Browns means the Dark Ages have returned.
Reply/Quote
Get that optimism out of here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:51 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Being 9 point dogs to the Browns means the Dark Ages have returned.

No lie.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This will change today. I don’t see us pulling it off. We still stink in so many ways. I do hope we win by 30 points. The smug, cockiness of some of the Browns players is ridiculous. As someone else mentioned in another thread, they can’t handle success. I agree. Listening to Baker Mayfield last week disappointed me. I think this kid really believes he is the GOAT.

Well, we may not like it, but the facts are that they have taken a roster with a fraction of the talent and made themselves relevant after that team won one game in two years.  They may rub us the wrong way with their cockiness, but remember the 2005 Bengals?  The first good team in ages?  TJ polishing his shoes with a terrible towel?   Aside from monotone Carson, that team had a swagger and was probably the most fun I had as a Bengals fan since the 89 Super Bowl team.  

I wish our team played with the attitude of the Browns.  
Reply/Quote
I could see this being the game where Ross goes off and everyone is screaming "Why haven't we done that all year" and optimism would blossom: "Imagine an offense with Dalton, Mixon, AJ, Boyd, and THAT John Ross! We will be unstoppable!".

And then next year, with the current coaches retained, they will open the season being shut out at home.
Reply/Quote
I will give them this. They earned it. They deserve to be 9 point favorites. If this was in week 3 it would be in reverse. All I want to see today is effort from whoever is left playing for us. Just play hard and leave it on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:51 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Being 9 point dogs to the Browns means the Dark Ages have returned.

Nah.  This is just a temporary situation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well, they are the better team, so...
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 03:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are a big underdog this week (+8.5).

That info and $1.50 will buy a coffee at most places. The only hope is the Defensive line comes up big against Mayfield for dissing the Bengals in their win in Cincy. As a team you have zero sacks and only one QB hit you won't win many games. Even if they don't win I hope they put few good hits on Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
No surprise the injury riddled Bengals are underdogs. The Dawg Pound will be barking today.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Michael Irvin made his Bold Prediction this morning that Mayfield will throw 5 TD passes against the Bengals. As bad as the Bengals have played this season, that's an insult.

Reply/Quote

Yep, which is why I don't like him ! He doesn't just have swag, he's a smug, arrogant, @#$%@.
Reply/Quote
Um, it's 10-point favorites now.
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson as our next HC=0-16 Browns..RIP Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 12:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Michael Irvin made his Bold Prediction this morning that Mayfield will throw 5 TD passes against the Bengals. As bad as the Bengals have played this season, that's an insult.

Irvin is an insult to intelligence.  He's America's Idiot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:24 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Hue Jackson as our next HC=0-16 Browns..RIP Cincinnati
So a whole thread on this is not enough.  You are taking it on the road.  Cool.

Reply/Quote